SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Page 8 of 62 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 35 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by Reality Mary Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Lucas: Why didn't you do this earlier? We've been to like three different spots.

This is the quote that I think says why Lucas is upset. That Ashley had been with them on dates and has seen Bentley but waits until last minute at the rose ceremony rather than telling them right away.
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by cfck2222 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Ok I finally watched the video and feel like I have a better understanding of why some guys might be upset based on Dino's comment. Though I'm also getting a heavy scripted vibe from the other guys' comments. Dino said this was being up front about her dating history and he did not feel she had been on the Bent issue. I can also see Lucas being upset though I think his comment about the places they've been was not about their 1 on 1 but the fact that they've all been to a bunch of different locations since Bent left.

But I also feel like Ashley did a decent job of explaining herself. She said (far as we can make out with all that cuts) she didn't mention it before because though upset at first, she thought she was over it, but then realized in a moment of self awareness that though she was having strong feelings for some of the guys, something was holding her back from really opening herself up to them and she decided that was issues arising from the Bent situation. That seems reasonable to me. Pretty much as reasonable as the show's going to get :giggle:

I think Mickey's exit comments are very obviously producer prompted. As has been pointed out Bent was apparently well liked around the house and nobody had any idea of what a jerk he was. If the producers had wanted to make Bent controversial in the house they would have, and they would've had somebody like Will rat him out. But they chose this other storyline instead. Mickey's comments must have been prompted by producers who knew what was going on in the PIs. So he wanted out and the producers told him this was going to be his exit line. He's supposed to channel viewer outrage against Ashley.
cfck2222
cfck2222

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 am

[quote="mnmhughes"]

I'm not debating whether what she did was right or wrong, I was just commenting on the attitude and spunk she displayed during her talk with Mickey. If she had that spunk earlier in the season, Bentley may have never been an issue. yes

I think she had her spunk when she first started out. She was very lively with William and Mickey and teased them a lot. She really had Mickey fooled with the coin flip for the rose. She also was very bright and playful with JP at the rose ceremony where she teased him with the coin toss as well but had no problem moving right in to give him a kiss. I think there hasn't been a bachelorette who hasn't had insecurities or worries that people were not there for the right reasons.

BUT, none of them had someone get up and joke that they were expecting someone else and got her when we know that people were all over the boards complaining about her being selected (as was done with Jillian and Ali as well). She spiraled down after that. Also consider that along with the stress of the show, she still has the stress of finishing her education. Add in the long shooting hours and irregular eating schedule, she just kinda collapsed and had a hard time pulling herself out of it. Then just as she was getting her old groove back, William tries to win brownie points by telling her the very thing she feared.

Such a contrast between William and JP because William did things to hammer her confidence TWICE and JP ended up being the one to help her get some of it back. I think she does have a strong, A type personality but she buckled under the stress and started obsessing over someone who was irrelevant. There was an article about how her ex-boyfriend died just before she went off for The Bachelor. A "friend" said she was torn up about it and kept wondering if there was anything she could have done differently had she still been with the guy. So she does tend to worry about things that were probably out of her control.

I guess her convo w/Mickey is probably why Chris is saying that she got arrogant but I think that Bentley coming gave her the second wind she needed to move on with some of the guys she had feelings for. She felt better and thought the guys would understand. JP might have understood but the stress of all of them "going after the same piece of fruit" was probably getting to them to - especially since there were clear front-runners from the beginning. She DID call Mickey's bluff and she would have been ripped apart had she begged him to stay as she had done with Bentley. Mickey knew it was only a matter of time before he was going to be eliminated. Maybe had he treated her the way JP had, he would have been at the front of the pack. Instead, the folks who probably never had a chance anyway, were the ones getting mad ... Bentley strikes again! LOL!

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 am

[quote="sjcaligurl"]
mnmhughes wrote:

I'm not debating whether what she did was right or wrong, I was just commenting on the attitude and spunk she displayed during her talk with Mickey. If she had that spunk earlier in the season, Bentley may have never been an issue. yes

I think she had her spunk when she first started out. She was very lively with William and Mickey and teased them a lot. She really had Mickey fooled with the coin flip for the rose. She also was very bright and playful with JP at the rose ceremony where she teased him with the coin toss as well but had no problem moving right in to give him a kiss. I think there hasn't been a bachelorette who hasn't had insecurities or worries that people were not there for the right reasons.

BUT, none of them had someone get up and joke that they were expecting someone else and got her when we know that people were all over the boards complaining about her being selected (as was done with Jillian and Ali as well). She spiraled down after that. Also consider that along with the stress of the show, she still has the stress of finishing her education. Add in the long shooting hours and irregular eating schedule, she just kinda collapsed and had a hard time pulling herself out of it. Then just as she was getting her old groove back, William tries to win brownie points by telling her the very thing she feared.

Such a contrast between William and JP because William did things to hammer her confidence TWICE and JP ended up being the one to help her get some of it back. I think she does have a strong, A type personality but she buckled under the stress and started obsessing over someone who was irrelevant. There was an article about how her ex-boyfriend died just before she went off for The Bachelor. A "friend" said she was torn up about it and kept wondering if there was anything she could have done differently had she still been with the guy. So she does tend to worry about things that were probably out of her control.

I guess her convo w/Mickey is probably why Chris is saying that she got arrogant but I think that Bentley coming gave her the second wind she needed to move on with some of the guys she had feelings for. She felt better and thought the guys would understand. JP might have understood but the stress of all of them "going after the same piece of fruit" was probably getting to them to - especially since there were clear front-runners from the beginning. She DID call Mickey's bluff and she would have been ripped apart had she begged him to stay as she had done with Bentley. Mickey knew it was only a matter of time before he was going to be eliminated. Maybe had he treated her the way JP had, he would have been at the front of the pack. Instead, the folks who probably never had a chance anyway, were the ones getting mad ... Bentley strikes again! LOL!

It boggles my mind....:yes: :yes: Good Post
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bme Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 am

Mickey also got to stay to see Hong Kong without having to commit to the very end so it is all good.
happy2bme
happy2bme

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:28 am

happy2bme wrote:Mickey also got to stay to see Hong Kong without having to commit to the very end so it is all good.

I don't know if he got to stay and hang out ... ALONE! What does he know about Hong Kong? He was probably on the next available flight out. He'll appreciate his time with the guys. I suppose they will come to an understanding at the MTA if they don't spend too much time on Bentley. Gosh! He's not even good looking! Maybe that's what Mickey meant.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 am

I'll have to watch again, but my first 2 views left me thinking the old stubborn Ash from Brad's season was back - and sort of cutting off her own nose to spite her face. I can't imagine how she'd have handled things had the situation been reversed... she needed a lot of reassurance from Brad, and almost seemed to get angry at Mickey for being flummoxed at her revelation. Perhaps by that point it was all moot, with her F1 starting to become firmed up in her own mind. Can't say I liked the way she spoke (as edited, at least).... jmho

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 am

As Chris H says .. She gets a bit cocky and it seems to back fire

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 am

As she said on Leno. "out of 25, she only needs one to love her". I think she knew early on who that one is - JP - and she just wants this show to be over now and it's wearing on her. It's more that then Bentley to me. Yes, he's part of it, but not the reason she seems cold and not caring to the other guys, especially all of them who didn't make it to F1 and F2.

Just like Ali couldn't go on the LCD with Chris, Ashley just wants to be with her F1 and is tired of trying to act like she cares about anyone else, and she's a bad actress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 am

Gina wrote:As she said on Leno. "out of 25, she only needs one to love her". I think she knew early on who that one is - JP - and she just wants this show to be over now and it's wearing on her. It's more that then Bentley to me. Yes, he's part of it, but not the reason she seems cold and not caring to the other guys, especially all of them who didn't make it to F1 and F2.

Just like Ali couldn't go on the LCD with Chris, Ashley just wants to be with her F1 and is tired of trying to act like she cares about anyone else, and she's a bad actress.

That's how I see it after the last few episodes too. After Bentley left, she made her decision while trying to find closure about him (maybe). Now she doesn't care, can't get herself to care, and doesn't/won't know how to pretend to care.

You might have been talking about internet dating? Get the eff out, now!
We lost our spark... Goodbye. Next victim!
Oh you think you might want to leave? See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

It's pretty funny that she's being a little PMSy and bossy but yeah, probably isn't going to win her too many fans.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:08 am

Gina wrote:As she said on Leno. "out of 25, she only needs one to love her". I think she knew early on who that one is - JP - and she just wants this show to be over now and it's wearing on her. It's more that then Bentley to me. Yes, he's part of it, but not the reason she seems cold and not caring to the other guys, especially all of them who didn't make it to F1 and F2.

The leads are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It is literally impossible to please all the fans. If she acts interested and leads on the guys (and leads on/tricks the audience) then fans are mad. I remember the angry comments about Ali on the grass with Chris. "Just Friends don't act like that!" fume fume fume. How dare she? But if the lead doesn't act interested in more than one guy then fans complain it's too boring, too predictable, or she's not being fair to the other men and giving them a chance. So wtf are they supposed to do?! I have no idea!
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 am

Alanna wrote:

That's how I see it after the last few episodes too. After Bentley left, she made her decision while trying to find closure about him (maybe). Now she doesn't care, can't get herself to care, and doesn't/won't know how to pretend to care.

You might have been talking about internet dating? Get the eff out, now!
We lost our spark... Goodbye. Next victim!
Oh you think you might want to leave? See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

It's pretty funny that she's being a little PMSy and bossy but yeah, probably isn't going to win her too many fans.

I guess from now on, Fleiss will need to give his leads some acting lessons. giggling
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 62 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 35 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

+79
NanaMary
snowyglow12
Samantharose
sunnymicki
northernviewer