SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 13 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 47 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WFOL - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Newto Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 am

We used peanut butter; more success than cheese. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any "humane" mouse traps. Just get rid of them before they decide to reproduce, and then you'll find them in more places than just the kitchen!! Been there and done that.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

WFOL - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Mirzam Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Ugh. I got traps and have bated them with peanut butter, but so far they haven't worked, as I saw the bugger again this morning.  :pullouthair: 
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 pm

I know that exterminators use these little blocks that mice love to eat on. It makes them not feel well and they go back to their nests and die. It was explained to me that it drys them from the inside out and so there is no smell and all is left is hair and bones. Now I don't know whether you can buy these from them? Maybe doesn't sound humane but if there is one there maybe more.

I managed a community hall where the doors were left open a lot during functions. The hall was on a park so lots of mice around, especially in the fall. (trying to get inside before winter arrives) Once a year he would come and replace the blocks and never had another problem.

WFOL - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 13 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Are these blocks safe for dogs though?
Mirzam
Mirzam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Oh I gave up on the humane traps, just didn't tell DH!  :gotcha: 
Mirzam
Mirzam

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Mirzam wrote:Oh I gave up on the humane traps, just didn't tell DH!  :gotcha: 

Now this I don't know but they were put in areas that weren't visible. Remember they were in a hall were there could be dogs (if someone brought one when they were decorating etc.), kids. Like I say I would call an exterminator and ask them if they have them.
Another thing they do in stores is they have these rectangle boxes that there is a way in for the mouse but no way out.

WFOL - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 13 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Mirzam wrote:Ugh. I got traps and have bated them with peanut butter, but so far they haven't worked, as I saw the bugger again this morning.  :pullouthair: 

Make sure the traps are along the baseboards. They like to travel around the walls.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 pm

So, I do biomedical research which involves a lot of rodents.  From what I have heard they love pudding.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Pudding would work great on the trap too. One of the reasons pb is good is that it is sticky and hard to knock off the trap like the cheese is. It is best to have something that they have to work at (and get close to) on the trap! Good luck with it...if you catch one, set another trap so that you can make sure there isn't another one!

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Mirzam wrote:Ugh. I got traps and have bated them with peanut butter, but so far they haven't worked, as I saw the bugger again this morning.  :pullouthair: 

Make sure the traps are along the baseboards. They like to travel around the walls.

You are so right.  I thought this was interesting. The exterminator said that mice are almost blind and so they will follow along baseboards or if it is
outside say in the fall, they will follow along by the wall, if they feel a warm spot/air they will then try to get in and they only need the smallest
hole to squeeze in.  They can basically live on crumbs.   All the stuff you didn't want to know about the little rodents.  Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Mirzam wrote:Are these blocks safe for dogs though?

No, the blocks will cause internal bleeding and kill dogs or cats too. We used to have rats in the basement, we tried different products but they would stop working after a while. A friend told us to use essential oil "Purification" from Young Living, just a few drops in a diffuser or in a spray bottle with water and spray the basement or run the diffuser for a few days. It worked! Just to make sure the rats stay away, use the oil at least once a week. Good luck!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:13 am

^^^ I figured they probably weren't safe for pets. I read somewhere that peppermint oil works.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 47 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny