SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Page 35 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat May 17, 2014 2:30 pm

lexforlife wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Those who choose to stay in balanced discussion threads have every right to, as well as those who choose Fan forums. There is no difference between having a balanced discussion, which sometimes includes nothing but dissing people then there is having a forum limited to only positive posting. Each has the opportunity and the choice. Those who choose to be positive in their lives, may prefer the other threads be pushed to the bottom. Neither are right, rather they both have the choice.

With that said, the topic is Updates on All Past Contestants.
This is an excellent post yes 

I actually like having both threads and frequent both. I like some couples/people from this show better than others but, I don't think that I am an uber fan. I've always been a realist and sometimes the negativity and bashing gets to be too much and other times the gushing goes way over the top, so it is nice to be able to discuss things as the mood may strike me. That is also one of the reasons why I love the new View New Posts setting. You can see what is being discussed and choose to join in...or not...without having to go searching.  yes 

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by FLChica Sun May 18, 2014 11:17 am

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 10362228_410070509135734_1862555892_n

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 10349743_759652484079291_1169164438_n

So Emily's friend - a country music singer in Nashville - hosted a bachelorette party for Emily.  The theme was Emily's White Trash Bash focusing on so-called redneck activities like hunting, fishing, beer drinking, wearing trucker hats & camo clothes, etc.  In the pic posted above, Emily's crimes are stalking and hunting without a permit - for a husband I suppose.  Her country music friend chose a tacky theme, but I wouldn't label Emily a bad mother or question her Christian beliefs over this.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun May 18, 2014 11:30 am

FLChica wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:A lot of my friends have white trash bachelorette/couple's shower parties as a theme around here in Louisiana. laugh out loud

To all the critics on this thread going on about Emily's choice of party theme, give her a break!  What she chose may not be what you would choose.  The gal is finally getting married - let's wish her well.  Heaven knows she has been engaged enough times!   LOL

Did I miss something?  Typically the friends of a bride-to-be choose the theme and host the bachelorette party.  Was this party hosted by Emily?  question 

Emily may not have chosen the theme, but she certainly knew about it and must have approved. How else would she have known what to wear? It doesn't bother me in the least what she chose as her "theme". I'm from California, and have never been to or seen a bachelorette party that had a "theme" (but I'm old so maybe that's something new). That being said, a "trailer trash" themed party isn't something I would have gone along with, but that's just me. It doesn't make me judge Emily for what she participated in. I'm happy for her and Ricki that she's getting married and hope it lasts.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sun May 18, 2014 12:04 pm

FLChica wrote:

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 10362228_410070509135734_1862555892_n

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 10349743_759652484079291_1169164438_n

So Emily's friend - a country music singer in Nashville - hosted a bachelorette party for Emily.  The theme was Emily's White Trash Bash focusing on so-called redneck activities like hunting, fishing, beer drinking, wearing trucker hats & camo clothes, etc.  In the pic posted above, Emily's crimes are stalking and hunting without a permit - for a husband I suppose.  Her country music friend chose a tacky theme, but I wouldn't label Emily a bad mother or question her Christian beliefs over this.

She also posted a picture on social media of herself in a 'sexy' pose holding a sign saying she has been arrested for prostitution at this party. While some may call it humour, I have no qualms about pointing that out to be a bad parenting decision. I am sure she will do an excellent job of talking with her pre-teen daughter about the picture in the future though, and answering questions when they arise.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun May 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Actually it was one of her friends who had the booking sign photo for prostitution.

The rest of the party, from what I could see on her friends IG, was normal fun, Emily dancing and her breaking open a pinata blind folded, typical party stuff.

I would only consider it a bad parenting decision if she had taken Ricki with her. Now that would be crazy!

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sun May 18, 2014 12:28 pm

The prostitution sign was made for her friend, Ashley Speegle. I know this, but she chose to pose with it and send it out to her social media followers. Bad choice (obviously IMO). She later deleted it, so there were probably others who felt that it was not a good idea either, and she may have been getting some negative comments.

As I mentioned before, I am sure that if her daughter has questions in the future she can deal with it as most parents would.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun May 18, 2014 5:34 pm

I don't follow reality show contestants on Twitter or InstaGram...just people I actually know and am involved with in the real world.  I sometimes ask for clarification on a post discussing a tweet or IG for that reason.  Emily isn't the first to post an IG / Tweet and then delete it.  I remember Sean making unflattering remarks about Peta that garnered a lot of negative remarks - which he then deleted.

If/when Ricki has questions, I'm sure she will ask.  The future children of many of these reality show contestants will no doubt have questions about their parents' choices and behavior.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Sat May 24, 2014 10:16 pm

If you remember Doug Clerget from Emily's season, the following us a link to a TED talk he gave on the theme -can one person change the world. It's about 20 minutes long. He talks about his story leading up to founding Dollar Per Month, etc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R44YSbqSLdM

Just noticed he has his own thread, oops!
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 am

Wow!  I am impressed that these women got together 12 years after their (Aaron's) season.  I see Helene in the original picture but it doesn't appear that she made it to the reunion.

Frances Dinglasan @francesabc7  ·  Jun 26
I'll be with #Bachelor gals from Season 2 in #SF this weekend. Can you find me in the promo pic? #throwbackthursday
9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 Brgnog10

Mike Fleiss ‏@fleissmeister 6h
“@francesabc7: @fleissmeister 12 years later and we're still together #Bachelor. Reunion. You buying dinner? pic.twitter.com/pb374ILPlP” U bet!
9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 Reunio10

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:13 pm

That really is great to see. Smiley

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Well, we already knew she was a little cuckoo....

Bachelor’s Jamie Otis Married A Stranger! Preview Her New Reality Show

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 Jamie-otis-1404322613

File this under one we didn’t see coming: Jamie Otis, the trainwreck kisser from Ben Flajnik’s season of The Bachelor, is a married woman. Who’d she marry? We don’t know — and neither did she until just moments before the ceremony.

Jamie is a star on the new reality series, Married at First Sight, premiering Tuesday, July 8 on the fyi network. The premise of the show is that “experts” match couples up with their forever mates, promising true love. The catch? You gotta really trust the matchmaker, since the couples aren’t allowed to meet until their wedding.

Apparently Jamie went through with the nuptials, since she posted this pic on her Twitter with the caption, “Cat is out of the bag! I’m married! Excited to share my journey with you all on July 8th!” OMG, now all we’re going to be doing this 4th of July weekend is constructing a wedding chapel replica — complete with Jamie and unknown man lookalikes — out of hot dog buns and jello salad (and empty boxes of Franzia).

The sneak peek shows a super smiley Jamie trying on wedding dresses, then saying, “scientifically it’s supposed to be perfect.” Next, they show a serious-looking dude going through a database — which looks suspiciously like match.com uploaded to Jack Bauer’s iPad. Very scientific.

We’re a little unsure of the format of the show, but basically some gurus use their guru-ness to match the stars up with their perfect mate and then the newly formed (and likely terrified) couple says “I do.” We don’t, but we’ll totally watch.

Jamie was sent home during episode 6 of season 16 of The Bachelor, and then got dissed on Bachelor Pad 3 by Chris “lady killer” Bukowski, but it looks like our gal’s persistent because she’s giving reality love another go. If at first you don’t succeed… keep trying until they stop paying you to be on TV.

The promo for Married asks, “can total strangers marry at first sight…and make it last?” Um, we’re not sure how you’re going to answer that question for us, fyi network, unless you continue to follow the couple for the remainder of their lives. Regardless, it’ll be a fun exercise in shouting “I can’t believe they just did that!” at the television.

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/2014-07-02-bachelors-jamie-otis-married-stranger

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 pm

chloep wrote:Well, we already knew she was a little cuckoo....

Bachelor’s Jamie Otis Married A Stranger! Preview Her New Reality Show

9 - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 35 Jamie-otis-1404322613

File this under one we didn’t see coming: Jamie Otis, the trainwreck kisser from Ben Flajnik’s season of The Bachelor, is a married woman. Who’d she marry? We don’t know — and neither did she until just moments before the ceremony.

Jamie is a star on the new reality series, Married at First Sight, premiering Tuesday, July 8 on the fyi network. The premise of the show is that “experts” match couples up with their forever mates, promising true love. The catch? You gotta really trust the matchmaker, since the couples aren’t allowed to meet until their wedding.

Apparently Jamie went through with the nuptials, since she posted this pic on her Twitter with the caption, “Cat is out of the bag! I’m married! Excited to share my journey with you all on July 8th!” OMG, now all we’re going to be doing this 4th of July weekend is constructing a wedding chapel replica — complete with Jamie and unknown man lookalikes — out of hot dog buns and jello salad (and empty boxes of Franzia).

The sneak peek shows a super smiley Jamie trying on wedding dresses, then saying, “scientifically it’s supposed to be perfect.” Next, they show a serious-looking dude going through a database — which looks suspiciously like match.com uploaded to Jack Bauer’s iPad. Very scientific.

We’re a little unsure of the format of the show, but basically some gurus use their guru-ness to match the stars up with their perfect mate and then the newly formed (and likely terrified) couple says “I do.” We don’t, but we’ll totally watch.

Jamie was sent home during episode 6 of season 16 of The Bachelor, and then got dissed on Bachelor Pad 3 by Chris “lady killer” Bukowski, but it looks like our gal’s persistent because she’s giving reality love another go. If at first you don’t succeed… keep trying until they stop paying you to be on TV.

The promo for Married asks, “can total strangers marry at first sight…and make it last?” Um, we’re not sure how you’re going to answer that question for us, fyi network, unless you continue to follow the couple for the remainder of their lives. Regardless, it’ll be a fun exercise in shouting “I can’t believe they just did that!” at the television.

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/2014-07-02-bachelors-jamie-otis-married-stranger

I saw a preview for this the other day and could not actually believe it was real. I don't get it!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

+135
Rosepetal
sdmom
loveactually9
Beach Lover
happygolucky