SELECT CONTENT

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 am

I think the one I watched was the 2nd show Ali was in.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by prettyinpink Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 am

albean99 wrote:I think the one I watched was the 2nd show Ali was in.

I saw the first so it is possible she got more comfortable after each episode. I am sure that the nerves get much better after each episode.
prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 am

biglove44 wrote:
Amberish wrote:Her career is fine. The snark is about how she is choosing to be dressed in public.

I'm okay with the fashion snark but if i remember correctly, people on here were blaming her for the ali/roberto breakup. That she was all gaga for Hollywood/pursuing her own interests; and he was this good, simple man that wanted to stay away from the spotlight. In that sense, she's no different than any other bach contestant/lead (except Brad, he already had money/career) - they all want attention, money and fame...that's partly why they go on the show in the first place.

I think enough time has passed and most have been able to move on from the bad Ali routine. Also, if Roberto is avoiding the spotlight, why is he spending so much time with Bachelor participants? Although I do think he goes about things differently, he definitely enjoys the attention and notoriety, and was obviously dependant upon the financial benefit of making paid public appearances while they lasted.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 am

mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 1334845993_ali-fetodowskymylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 Picture-33

http://www.myfashioncents.com/tag/look-for-less/
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkij_26 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:59 am

Amberish wrote:
biglove44 wrote:
Amberish wrote:Her career is fine. The snark is about how she is choosing to be dressed in public.

I'm okay with the fashion snark but if i remember correctly, people on here were blaming her for the ali/roberto breakup. That she was all gaga for Hollywood/pursuing her own interests; and he was this good, simple man that wanted to stay away from the spotlight. In that sense, she's no different than any other bach contestant/lead (except Brad, he already had money/career) - they all want attention, money and fame...that's partly why they go on the show in the first place.

I think enough time has passed and most have been able to move on from the bad Ali routine. Also, if Roberto is avoiding the spotlight, why is he spending so much time with Bachelor participants? Although I do think he goes about things differently, he definitely enjoys the attention and notoriety, and was obviously dependant upon the financial benefit of making paid public appearances while they lasted.

Roberto is spending time with guys he is actually friends with, not to gain the spotlight or notoriety. He was close with all the guys during his season, they all liked him. He's kept up with all of them since the show. He was especially close with Chris L. Before their breakup, he spent most of his time building his new business, spending time working on his relationship with Ali, and supporting her at her public events as she pursued her career. What little time he had left he tried to spend traveling to see his own family. So, he didn't get the chance to have the free time to travel to hang out and spend time with the friends he made on the show. He only got to really keep up through email, twitter, and phone. He's single now. His business is setup and he's got a handle of it. He's just been through a bad breakup. Now, he has a bit of free time to hang out with the guys. He's at a point in his life where he wants to sit back and appreciate spending time with his friends and family.

The guys he's been spending time with, in addition to his non-Bachelor friends, have been Chris L, Tye, Nick, and Kiptyn. Chris L, Roberto is close with, spent time with while he was with Ali, spent time with him & Peyton, and will be at their wedding. Tye, Roberto is friends with from his season, and Chris L is very close with Tye. Nick, Roberto has connections with because they are both from Tampa and have mutual friends in common. Kiptyn, Roberto cultivated a relationship with because he left all his friends and everything to come move to CA to be with Ali. Kiptyn became his close local San Diego friend. When he and Ali were together, they hung out with Kiptyn and Tenley as couples. Now that he's single, he still pals around with Kiptyn. Plus, as he maneuvers being single again, he's become the 3rd/5th wheel hangin' out with Kiptyn and Tenley during his free time and holidays in San Diego. These have been personal private times he spent with friends. He didn't publicise them. Most of the time it was the other people involved who tweeted pics. The only thing that was publicized was the charity event with the other bachelor/ettes and he barely acknowledged that. He did that because he was asked, his special connection to it because of his father's cancer history, and his commitment to charity.

Roberto hasn't given a single interview, and there are tons of media who would be all over him to get a post-breakup interview. He hasn't popped up at the recent reunion to cast for Bachelor Pad 3. There are tons of things he could do to easily find the spotlight if he wanted to seek it, than simply hanging out with his close friends who happened to have been bachelor contestants at one point. There is a difference between seeking the spotlight, the notoriety, the media attention, and perks that come with it versus appreciating unexpected notoriety, making good use of the benefits/opportunities stemming from it, and utilizing it to do good for others. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with either path. However, I believe Roberto falls into the latter path of appreciation and is not some one seeking it. IMO

:Smiley:

nikkij_26

Female Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 am

nikkij_26 wrote:
Amberish wrote:
biglove44 wrote:

Roberto is spending time with guys he is actually friends with, not to gain the spotlight or notoriety. He was close with all the guys during his season, they all liked him. He's kept up with all of them since the show. He was especially close with Chris L. Before their breakup, he spent most of his time building his new business, spending time working on his relationship with Ali, and supporting her at her public events as she pursued her career. What little time he had left he tried to spend traveling to see his own family. So, he didn't get the chance to have the free time to travel to hang out and spend time with the friends he made on the show. He only got to really keep up through email, twitter, and phone. He's single now. His business is setup and he's got a handle of it. He's just been through a bad breakup. Now, he has a bit of free time to hang out with the guys. He's at a point in his life where he wants to sit back and appreciate spending time with his friends and family.

The guys he's been spending time with, in addition to his non-Bachelor friends, have been Chris L, Tye, Nick, and Kiptyn. Chris L, Roberto is close with, spent time with while he was with Ali, spent time with him & Peyton, and will be at their wedding. Tye, Roberto is friends with from his season, and Chris L is very close with Tye. Nick, Roberto has connections with because they are both from Tampa and have mutual friends in common. Kiptyn, Roberto cultivated a relationship with because he left all his friends and everything to come move to CA to be with Ali. Kiptyn became his close local San Diego friend. When he and Ali were together, they hung out with Kiptyn and Tenley as couples. Now that he's single, he still pals around with Kiptyn. Plus, as he maneuvers being single again, he's become the 3rd/5th wheel hangin' out with Kiptyn and Tenley during his free time and holidays in San Diego. These have been personal private times he spent with friends. He didn't publicise them. Most of the time it was the other people involved who tweeted pics. The only thing that was publicized was the charity event with the other bachelor/ettes and he barely acknowledged that. He did that because he was asked, his special connection to it because of his father's cancer history, and his commitment to charity.

Roberto hasn't given a single interview, and there are tons of media who would be all over him to get a post-breakup interview. He hasn't popped up at the recent reunion to cast for Bachelor Pad 3. There are tons of things he could do to easily find the spotlight if he wanted to seek it, than simply hanging out with his close friends who happened to have been bachelor contestants at one point. There is a difference between seeking the spotlight, the notoriety, the media attention, and perks that come with it versus appreciating unexpected notoriety, making good use of the benefits/opportunities stemming from it, and utilizing it to do good for others. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with either path. However, I believe Roberto falls into the latter path of appreciation and is not some one seeking it. IMO

Great explanation, nikkij_26! :Smiley: I agree wholeheartedly! Roberto has also made friends with people in San Diego who are not connected to the ABC franchise. It appears to me that he has a great balance of friends in his life. Roberto is also doing something that he loves such as giving back to his community as a little league baseball coach which I think is outstanding. With respect to the Chris 4 Life charity event, a fan posted comments on his facebook page that she had read he was participating in the auction. He did not respond to her comments for several days. However, he later admitted to the fact that he would be a participant. What I know of him, he previously mentioned that he could not say "no" to supporting the event because he was so blessed that his dad is a cancer survivor.

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. heartbeat
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:18 pm

San wrote:mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 1334845993_ali-fetodowskymylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 Picture-33

http://www.myfashioncents.com/tag/look-for-less/

Ali's agents are clearly worth every penny she is paying them. Here it is, again, where the girl is photographed looking like crap, only to see her be shown wearing the offending outfit on some obscure fashion page, highlighted as a look others want to achieve.

Last edited by Amberish on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

nikkij_26 wrote:
Amberish wrote:
biglove44 wrote:

Nah ... sorry, just don't buy it.

If, in fact, Roberto's intention is to be a private person, avoiding the notoriety, he wouldn't allow so called, "friends", to use him to beef up their own public profile, now would he?

I see Roberto as a good looking guy, but don't idolize any him or any of these people.

Roberto, like the others we talk about, went on a reality TV show because he likes the attention and likes the fame.

Moreover, we KNOW Roberto enjoyed the money he was making for all those joint public appearances with Ali, for when he and Ali called it quits, he quickly regroup by switching agencies for what had to have been a signing bonus. (Leaving State Farm for Farmers had to have been for a short term advantage decision, period ... )

Thus, why is it such a stretch to see Roberto taking a couple of weeks off to compete on BP3 or a paid year off to star on the Bachelor to pick a girl of his dreams?

Look, I am not suggesting Roberto is any less of a human being for enjoying or capitalizing on his quasi-celebrity status, but it is what it is ...
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 pm

When I hear that Roberto is competing on BP or signed on to be the next Bachelor, I'll reevaluate my opinion of him regarding seeking fame. Until then, speculation that it COULD happen, doesn't make it any closer to the truth of the matter. OTOH, we know that Ali is seeking a career in front of the cameras, although she claimed for months that she wasn't, just wanted to be married and live a quiet life away from Hollywood. She's entitled to change her mind, if that's what she did, vs just keeping her real aspirations under wraps until after she and Roberto broke up. Personally, I don't see why the acknowledgement that Ali is now interested in fame must be tempered/excused by the claim that Roberto is as well. I thought it was pretty much confirmed that their divergent views on the matter contributed to their breakup.

And not EVERY contestant from the show tries to milk the fame for all it's worth. Some actually had jobs/careers before getting involved with the franchise, who end up going back to them. For the ones who really didn't, or were unfulfilled and tried to take advantage of the fametrain, I can't say I blame them, but they all have the option of walking away. Some choose not to.

I also don't buy that, in this day and age, every single person who applies to go on a reality show is seeking fame and attention. It's so commonplace nowadays, and many just want to do it for a temporary adventure. And I daresay that some, once they actually get a taste of the intrusiveness of fame, realize that it's not particularly appealing, and limit their future involvement in it. Roberto happened to "win" his one venture into the genre, and as such, no longer had the option to step away totally even if he wanted to, especially since his fiancee clearly didn't want to.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 398829_10150981494459852_274147329851_13246645_2063077381_n
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Ali Fedotowsky

My cute little anchor necklace is my newest offer on OpenSky today! It's such a cute piece for summer! Get it here:
https://opensky.com/​alifedotowsky/product/​gorjana-anchor-gold-necklac​e?osky_origin=alifedotowsk​y&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_​medium=email&utm_campaign=​%5Bv2%5Dsellable.started.s​eller

mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 405032_10150919948574852_274147329851_13055429_388323622_n
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Ali Fedotowsky

Yes, the red eye is bad (couldn't fix it on my computer), but love these girls!

mylove - Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 13 554955_10150912482064852_274147329851_13023717_191932184_n
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

+128
kikora
aviej
Ash2214
BachfanNY
Duke702