SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Vjeff Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Just caught up...was almost going to stop watching but I am SO curious to know what happens with Jay. The storylines around her are absolutely bizarre. I usually think there is no smoke without fire (e.g. people blame editing but it is extraordinarily difficult to edit bitchy comments into the mouths of Ash, Carlie or Lily IMO), but these Jay controversies seem to come out of nowhere, particularly the kids thing. And if there was some spat that occurred with the producers, you would think those close to her wouldn't be so excited about the show and their reactions would reflect more of a bitterness. He really seems SO into her. IMO any F1 would feel awful watching them. I 100% agree with you @bobette that the Brooke comment he made to his sister and cousin was not about her being the frontrunner.

Not sure how to feel about Holly. She definitely knows how to put on the cool girl act but she does seem reasonably nice and she actually seems into him (far more than he is into her, but it is possible she just knows how to get to the end by throwing out the L word early). Also the fact that her closest friend is the angel Carlie gives me more faith in her. But I do quite dislike Tahnee and think she seems a bit nasty.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:42 pm

@Vjeff :yes:  It's all very strange.

We have footage of Jay saying on her date that she does want kids, out of her own mouth, without no indication she wasn't being genuine IMO, so...

1. What would even be the point of lying about something like that; and
2. If she did lie, why then reveal to the girls that she actually doesn't want kids; and
3. If she'd said it, surely the cameras or mics would have picked something up, and TPTB would have used it.

It just looks like manufactured rumours and accusations to me but no idea why.   scratch

Post show interviews should be interesting, if anyone in the media even cares enough to write about this season.  Remember when they used to interview evictees on The Project?  To say public interest in this season is low would be an understatement.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm

Would TPTB have used any footage if they had it?  They've already done that with Steph to great effect - much better imo to keep everyone guessing.  I mean, it's generating some interest in a lacklustre season.

I'm not that convinced that Jimmy is as into Jay as everyone else says, and vice-versa tbh.  The business lounge moments were a bit awkward imo, their SD had no real romantic moments and at the end of the tennis date they just shook hands!  No playfulness or flirting, nothing.  I think Jimmy has been very even handed so far and hasn't yet made up his mind.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:41 pm

It’s indisputable that the show is scripted and there has to be a story line for the lead & main players. 100% a producer was already aware of the runner up rumor (or I dare say even instigated). So Jimmy was not just going on a fishing expedition on his own, he was asked to prod Tahnee to ensure Tahnee dropped the rumor to him. Heck, we have seen pap pics of leads reading storyline notes prior to SDs so yeah the whole Jay thing is part of her story line IMO. In summary nothing about this show is organic to me and I am going to wait for Jay’s exit interview to get the full picture of what on the surface looks like she said vs she said but in reality there is more to it, jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:05 pm

@mercieme He was on a fishing expedition for info about Steph, Jay was just incidental imo. But he may have had a inkling, or something could have come from mum about Jay. Who knows. I mean, two rumours is one too many imo. But if it was producer instigated, that just means to me that Jay was not in the least interested in Jimmy.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:22 pm

Agent99 wrote:@mercieme  He was on a fishing expedition for info about Steph, Jay was just incidental imo.  But he may have had a inkling, or something could have come from mum about Jay.  Who knows.  I mean, two rumours is one too many imo.  But if it was producer instigated, that just means to me that Jay was not in the least interested in Jimmy.
Yeah I don’t believe anything is incidental on this show unfortunately, seen way too many fabricated story lines to believe that. For Stephanie to apologize via (Sierrah’s Pedestrian TV interview) to Jay, that proves that kids rumor is null & void IMO. And it’s easy to prove the second one, they just need Jimmy to ask the make up artist, they get him prepped for the show as well TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 2498057887 And the show spending time on Jay when the focus needs to be on Holly at this stage makes no sense. With a couple of episodes left, editing is focused on the lead and F1 overcoming their obstacle to fall madly in love; it’s how Mike Fleiss the show creator designed the script and it has been the same script ran by the AU producers as well, so no need to focus on Jay at this point.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:38 pm

I think Steph apologised for bringing it up with the family, not that it was made up.  Both rumours are so specific that it doesn't make sense that you would make that up. But we are not likely to find out the truth here imo. No-one is going to back down because it will make them look even worse.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Agent99 wrote:I think Steph apologised for bringing it up with the family, not that it was made up.  Both rumours are so specific that it doesn't make sense that you would make that up.
Steph said she heard it from “sources”. Tahnee claimed she heard it from someone else before she changed her story….so who are these nameless sources? At least when Carlin was accused of not being there for the right reasons on Angie’s season, it was folks he said things to that reported to Angie. What makes Jay so special that it has to be “sources” spreading the rumor? That to me implies producer manipulation in getting the story out.

Overall though, some of us think of this as part of Jay’s story line with producer influence but I get it that others may think she is fake and just here for the IG following, which is really fine. The true motives of these contestants are exposed post show IMO. All I know is that she is one of the very few girls on this season that left her IG intact as to what it was pre filming and based on that, she at least didn’t come to the show with a curated image, jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:39 am

mercieme wrote:
Agent99 wrote:I think Steph apologised for bringing it up with the family, not that it was made up.  Both rumours are so specific that it doesn't make sense that you would make that up.
Steph said she heard it from “sources”. Tahnee claimed she heard it from someone else before she changed her story….so who are these nameless sources? At least when Carlin was accused of not being there for the right reasons on Angie’s season, it was folks he said things to that reported to Angie. What makes Jay so special that it has to be “sources” spreading the rumor? That to me implies producer manipulation in getting the story out.

Overall though, some of us think of this as part of Jay’s story line with producer influence but I get it that others may think she is fake and just here for the IG following, which is really fine. The true motives of these contestants are exposed post show IMO. All I know is that she is one of the very few girls on this season that left her IG intact as to what it was pre filming and based on that, she at least didn’t come to the show with a curated image, jmo.

I just quickly rewatched the part where Tahnee was talking to Jimmy and that part is not right.  Tahnee didn't say she heard it from someone else.  But Jimmy did say that every time his family come over, they drop a 'couple' of bombshells.  So apart from Steph, maybe Mum did pick up on something else.  

For sure, people's true colours come out after, but you do get a glimpse on the show.  Characters are not fundamentally changed - you just get to see what is edited.  I have no horse in this race and I don't care who is f1, but I am interested to see why edits are done.  For instance, the doubts about Jay's authenticity and the digs about Holly being a 'mean girl' probably mean in reality there is substance to them.  Everybody is flawed, doesn't mean they are bad people imo.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:14 am

Re what Tahnnee said, bold statement below is what other folks heard her say and that’s what folks commented via postings on the show’s IG page as well. So no idea why what she said is being interpreted differently.
dolcimumma wrote:@mercieme yes Jay got a single date on the camping trip they went horse riding and then we see those screen caps I posted.  They return at night for a 'cocktail party' in the bush.  He asked Jay not to say anything but I think she is so hurt and angry she is about to confront Tahnee.  I remember her telling Jimmy she had heard someone say Jay had said this now she says she heard it come out of Jay's mouth so sounds made up to me and not looking good for Tahnee's authenticity if it's being played out on TV for us all the judge laugh out loud  Maybe the producers did tell Tahnee 'they heard this' how mean though if so @bobette

If the mum had anything to say about Jay, then why hide it? They did air Jimmy’s sister’s perception about Holly afterall so why not show what was said about a non F1?
What I agree on is that all the girls are flawed….I just also believe that Jay’s rumor story line is producer influenced, not just happenstance….jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:25 am

mercieme wrote:Re what Tahnnee said, bold statement below is what other folks heard her say and that’s what folks commented via postings on the show’s IG page as well. So no idea why what she said is being interpreted differently.
dolcimumma wrote:@mercieme yes Jay got a single date on the camping trip they went horse riding and then we see those screen caps I posted.  They return at night for a 'cocktail party' in the bush.  He asked Jay not to say anything but I think she is so hurt and angry she is about to confront Tahnee.  I remember her telling Jimmy she had heard someone say Jay had said this now she says she heard it come out of Jay's mouth so sounds made up to me and not looking good for Tahnee's authenticity if it's being played out on TV for us all the judge laugh out loud  Maybe the producers did tell Tahnee 'they heard this' how mean though if so @bobette

If the mum had anything to say about Jay, then why hide it? They did air Jimmy’s sister’s perception about Holly afterall so why not show what was said about a non F1?
What I agree on is that all the girls are flawed….I just also believe that Jay’s rumor story line is producer influenced, not just happenstance….jmo.

I just rewatched the scene too and Tahnee talks about it as though it's third hand information IMO.  Saying 'there is something that somebody has said' 'It surprised me when I heard it'.  There is no explanation of context either ie: when she heard it, where it was said and to whom it was said so I guess it can be interpreted in more than one way. Who knows.  Why is Jimmy asking Tahnee anyway?  She hasn't even had a date!  Apart from Lily why is he not asking Carlie or Holly if there are more closer connections there?

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:04 am

Alright.  Continuing the conversation from the SM thread, I reckon about 90% of what was said in this episode never happened.  The vast majority of what Tahnee and Jay "said" has been frankenbyted together.  And I don't even think they're talking about the same rumours.  

Wrap your earballs around this:

https://shvideos.net/2021/08/18/bach-au-9-9/

At timestamp 35:43  Tahnee apparently "tells" Jimmy that Jay said she wants to be runner up.  Note the upwards inflection at the end of her sentence when she says "runner UP".  

Now ladies and gentlemen of the jury, please compare with:

At timestamp 1:17:37 Tahnee apparently "tells" Jay what she heard but IT'S THE EXACT SAME SOUND BYTE.

Same upwards inflection on the word "UP" and the ambient sound also doesn't match the camping scene.

What we do see Tahnee say to Jay is that she heard her say "something" when she was getting her hair and makeup done about wanting opportunities post-show, but she clearly didn't say that bit about being runner up at the time.

So whatever Jay's reacting to, it could be a completely different accusation.  There are so many layers of BS and creative sound editing flying around this episode it's unreal (no pun intended laugh out loud)

ETA: Just got to the bit where Jay says, "even if I thought that, why would I say that in front of you and the makeup crew" which is exactly what I said upthread before watching the episode. Would make no sense to out yourself like that.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+18
Ash
dolcimumma
Stiletto
Loulou
Vjeff
LeapofFaith
piraffe
Agent99
mercieme
Enough
leavers