SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 22 of 66 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:39 am

Loulou wrote:After watching Jay’s 1-1 And reading the various articles I don’t understand how Holly got to be f1?  
Very interesting…..I haven’t watched the episode yet but following SM commentary, some folks think Jay seems very natural with Jimmy. Looking forward to watching the episodes when they post.

I am concerned for Jimmy with all these Holly reports out there, time will tell.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:03 am

I haven't watched either of the last two episodes yet but re: how did Holly get to F1, you know I've got a theory (I've ALWAYS got a theory laugh out loud)

So... My thinking is that after the Honey Badger debacle TPTB implemented protocols to ensure they would never again be saddled with the ratings horror of a season that ended with No Final Couple. To this end, IMO TPTB are now just straight up casting someone with marketing and acting credentials every season, who they guarantee a spot in the final 2, one way or another.  Let's call them The Sure Thing, but you could also call them Carlin, Bella or Holly.  Hugesmile

The Sure Thing knows their job - portray themselves as smitten with the Lead (regardless of their actual feelings) and tweak their performance depending on whether TPTB needs them to be F1 or F2. If the person the Lead wants as F1 is keen and their feelings are reciprocated, The Sure Thing plays the wounded F2, acts devastated, milks public sympathy (...and then makes a remarkable recovery to hook up with some D-grade influencer 3 weeks after the finale).

Conversely, if the person the Lead wants as F1 isn't feeling it or leaves the show (*cough Ciarran cough*) before the end, The Sure Thing pivots to slot neatly into the winner's role, carrying the season to the requisite Picture Perfect Finale.  IMO Carlin, Bella and Holly all had an aura of confidence which only comes from knowing you have a reserved spot at in the finale.  I expect they were also offered a $weetener if they had to go through with the post-show facade.

BUT WAIT, BOBETTE, I hear you thinking, what if the Lead doesn't likeThe Sure Thing?  Wouldn't they refuse to pick them?  Nope.  Leaving aside any post-Badger clauses which may or may not compel them to pick someone, it behooves the Lead to pick The Sure Thing if their desired F1 opts out, since the alternative is standing at the FRC looking like a boob with no one wanting to date you. The Sure Thing is an insurance policy for the Lead as much as TPTB.

In this case, I wonder if Jay was just too insecure/sensitive to go through to the end and noped out, in which case we could see her going at F3.

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:21 am

Yep it's interesting the way Holly is being edited and seems like next week, it is going to come to a head with doubts about her intentions. Irena last year had her moments being branded sneaky and a liar by the other girls, when really it was only the attention seekers making all the noise. It might be the same here with Holly because her friends in the house seem to be Carlie and Brooke and they appear to be more on the sensible side.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 am

@Agent99, what of Elena’s interview with Punkee. Elena said she knew Jimmy before and said lovely things about him but reported what exactly she heard Holly say to other girls in the house. IMO, I don’t think Elena made that up.

Also, Irena didn’t have negative media reports circulating about her like Holly has now, just seems weird that Channel 10 is not protecting the F1, jmo though.

ETA - @Bobette this show needs to hire you as a producer TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 4256136633

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:42 am

@mercieme They couldn't afford me.  cantstopl

You weren't kidding - social media is loving these two together.  

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 LDe2AJu

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 YmahqFn
TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 KerIEe2
TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 PMXBIzZ

Source

Holly's edit and media is weird; even the way Jimmy spoke about F1 in post-show interviews doesn't fit Holly IMO.  Like he was really stressing F1 was "so nice" and the ONLY person he cared about, which I'm just not buying, seeing him interact with Jay.

Even in the trailer, the look on Jimmy's face when talking about Jay is reminiscent of Angie after her date with Ciarran IMO.  You can't fake these kind of smitten facial expressions and I certainly haven't seen anything like this when he talks about Holly.

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 9FlBuel

Source: Tenplay

Also please note the engorged forehead vein (and we all remember what it meant when Matt A's vein was pumping laugh out loud)

And I STILL can't get over the night 1 dresses.  Jay got the winner's outfit and Holly a high-vis monstrosity, IMO.  At the start of the season, the stylist clearly had Jay penciled in as F1 IMO, so something must have happened to shove the cart off the rails.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:17 am

@mercieme Maybe Holly has a redemptive moment next week with Jimmy’s sister and cousin. She said she has a hard exterior so that might have something to do with her abrasive personality no idea  I’m trying to find something positive otherwise it looks like it’s a Alex/Nikki redux.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumb Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:16 pm

@Bobette Wow, great theory.

Do you reckon Jay's is 'genuine'? I really like her. Or do you think she's your avarage fame hungry influencer.
Dumb
Dumb

Female Posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:23 pm

@Dumb, I personally believe that all contestants come in realizing they will get a bit of exposure. Jay is a certified nutritionist and IMO she would & should leverage the exposure from the sure to build her clientele. What I am not a fan of are those that come on the show with the full intention of shilling on IG & quitting their day job. Overall I think Jimmy’s ladies are well rounded professionals and I will be surprised if anyone quits their day job to be full time influencers, jmo though.

On another note, Twitter called out the show for the number of product placements on Jimmy & Jay’s date, it was hilarious to read some of the tweets with some folks tweeting at Osher about it laugh out loud

Next week promo is out and it’s Llly time Smiley
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSNyYZSByqf/

@Bobette almost all of your SCs will be accounted for after Lily’s date as she was the one with Jimmy on what looked like that elaborate outdoorsy tent like setting with lights.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:03 am

Dumb wrote:@Bobette Wow, great theory.

Do you reckon Jay's is 'genuine'? I really like her. Or do you think she's your avarage fame hungry influencer.

As @mercieme says, everyone who goes on this show is seeking fame to some degree but I like Jay too, and feel like she's probably more genuine than most. Again as @mercieme points out, she does have qualifications behind her and is probably looking to grow a nutrition practice which is at least a legit career IMO.

Holly on the other hand I assume is planning to pivot to fulltime shilling post-show.  As if we need another one. Rolling Eyes

I forgot to add to my theory that for Elly & Becky's trainwreck season, they didn't need an actor because they had Joe, who was already keen on Elly and would have happily slotted into F1 IMO.  Becky's Sure Thing would have been Pete (marketing background), though he backpedalled pretty damn quick post show.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:38 am

@Dumb I question everyone's motives who go on this show laugh out loud.  I think the majority of the girls seem nice, incl Jay.  But imo she is definitely trying to get her nutrition/fitness side hustle a boost.  Her housemate has more or less confirmed it imo.  I mean, who would want to be stuck in insurance claims forever laugh out loud

Holly to me seems like she would be very happy being in a 'power couple' a la Tim/Anna or Matty/Laura.

pt_perry_sydney
New project with this superstar. Watch out! 🤩
#ptlife #lockdownsydney #bootygains

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:38 am

Jay's housemate is a hoot I love him.  TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 3806527698

Noting that it seems the show is safe for another year, or at least, the odds suggest none of these things will happen.

TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 PsITOsV

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:42 am

While watching Jay & Jimmy’s SD, it occurred to me that I heard Jimmy repeat something similar to what Jay told him on Laura’s “Life Uncut” podcast that was released a few weeks back just before the show premiered.

So to paraphrase, Jay told Jimmy she wants a partner that they share common interests so they can be best mates because  the lust/chemistry is heavy at the start of a relationship but fades over time.

Starting at the 20:00 mark of the podcast, this is what Jimmy responded to what he is looking for in a partner (in addition to the fact that he wants to be with a nice person) “you want to marry someone who you are attracted to and all the rest of that kind of stuff. But some advice I was given by a guy who has been in some very unsuccessful marriages; a guy I fly with, he was like, mate just marry your best mate because when you have kids and all the rest, he said the romance kind of will fade a little bit, up and down; you just want to be with your best mate. I think that is kind of what I was looking for.”

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/captain-jimmy-reporting-for-bachelor-duty/id1472126503?i=1000528895048

Just parking this here for reference TheBachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 22 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 66 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+26
KatydidC
Jane Austen
Knowsarose
Stiletto
Loulou
LeapofFaith
dolcimumma
LukeBlueKoala
catalyst
Finch
mercieme