SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

metoo - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Bet2Win Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:23 am

Do we know for sure that they didn't get consent to post it?
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

metoo - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 am

Take them out back and tar and feather them. No wait, burn them at the stake. laugh out loud metoo - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 2254279460 laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:48 am

This post is JMO. I am seriously curious, I am not a mom, but a lot of you are or even grandmothers. Are you okay with a kid on the playground or gym class taking a pic of your kid doing something and sharing it with all their friends or posting on SM? Cause if you are not condoning that how are you condoning this? Just curious? Cause IMO it is the same mean bullying thing.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 am

Mommyof2 wrote:Take them out back and tar and feather them.  No wait, burn them at the stake.  laugh out loud metoo - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 2254279460 laugh out loud

via GIPHY

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 am

Cool, so we're all in agreement! They do deserve some consequences for their bullying, IMO!

Life and Style covered the story, with IMO the perfect title:

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/arie-luyendyk-jr-lauren-burnham-mock-gym-patrons-156559

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:28 am

Was it immature? Yes. Did they think it was a funny sight to see? Yes. Have I ever laughed at the wrong moment? Yes. Should they have posted it? Probably not, because people who do not like them will find any and every opportunity to jump on them. Do they deserve a flogging? No. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:34 am

I’m sorry but I completely disagree that the reason they shouldn’t have posted it was because people don’t like them and will find opportunity to down on them. They shouldn’t have posted it because that wasn’t the right thing to do. But that’s just me. no idea no one is hating on them for no reason, they are just saying this was awful behavior

All JMHO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:35 am

Actually there were many people in the reddit thread who had defended them all season long and said "nope, can't defend this". It's just something that inexcusable, IMO, and goes beyond immature. Imagine someone laughing at you and filming you in your gym, when you're minding your own business and trying to work on your health, and then sharing it with everyone they know. It's HS bullying 101. If it was me in that video, it would probably destroy me and I would be terrified of going to the gym ever again. Which is why it's a policy in so many gyms to suspend anyone who does it. Anyone who thinks this is an overreaction, IMO, is lucky enough never to have dealt with being on the other side of this "fun" behavior. All, IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:43 am

Mommyof2 wrote:Was it immature?  Yes.  Did they think it was a funny sight to see?  Yes.  Have I ever laughed at the wrong moment?  Yes. Should they have posted it?  Probably not, because people who do not like them will find any and every opportunity to jump on them.  Do they deserve a flogging?  No.  Jmo.
They definitely shouldn't have imo. Not because their 'h8ers' will jump on them, but because no one likes to be publicly ridiculed and it's wrong. Arie & Lauren made a decision to go on reality tv, thus inviting strangers into their lives to have opinions positive or negative on their actions. These people did not. They simply went to their local gym, minding their own business. I don't think it's wrong just because Arie & Lauren did it, the same way I wouldn't defend a couple I do like doing it. I've actually called out a friend of mine in the past for doing something similar. All Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 am

Are any of us perfect? No. I think calling it bullying it going a little too far, imho. I know bullying when I see it. They were laughing at the exuberant way the man was working out. It made them laugh. They were trying to be funny and made a mistake by posting it on IG for the world to see. Now, they will be raked over the coals once again.
Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:58 am

I didn't watch the video and relied on the discussion here for content. Then, a few minutes ago, an extremely considerate forum member privately sent me the link. Thank you very much!

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Arie posting a 14-second video showing what a gym looks like from across the street and 1 story below. I don't even have a problem with Arie pointing out the circus acrobat shorts. But, what I don't understand, at all, is how mentioning the shorts is being confused with body shaming? Respectfully my opinion, of course.

That is one ridiculously crowded work out room. Sadder than that is knowing people actually pay to be crowded into that space.  Hopefully, everyone working out makes use of deodorant (which, from my experience of the locale, is not always the case)!
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:29 am

Amberish wrote:I didn't watch the video and relied on the discussion here for content. Then, a few minutes ago, an extremely considerate forum member privately sent me the link. Thank you very much!

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Arie posting a 14-second video showing what a gym looks like from across the street and 1 story below. I don't even have a problem with Arie pointing out the circus acrobat shorts. But, what I don't understand, at all, is how mentioning the shorts is being confused with body shaming? Respectfully my opinion, of course.

That is one ridiculously crowded work out room. Sadder than that is knowing people actually pay to be crowded into that space.  Hopefully, everyone working out makes use of deodorant (which, from my experience of the locale, is not always the case)!

The body shaming and the bullying can be argued until the end of time - IMO. As well as Arie/Lauren's intent. But for me, as stated previously, the issue is about privacy. Generally, privacy is the right to be left alone and free from surveillance and unreasonable personal intrusions. Now information privacy is the right to determine when and to what extent information about oneself can be communicated to others.

And that's why this raises flags for me -- there isn't any attribution or notation -- and Arie and Lauren's laughing voiceover indicates (IMO) this wasn't for research purposes or intellectual inquiry. The question here is did this guy approve the video to be shared with 1 million viewers. If not, that's an invasion of his privacy. And also, IMO, just really poor taste/humor. Now if Arie and Lauren were incidentally filming the storefront and happened to get this guy in the background, that's another story but per the video, not what happened here.

Arie and Lauren aren't the only ones who made a poor decision to share a mocking video (IMO) -- there's a Bravo celebrity that photobombs people sleeping in airports. And that drives me nuts too. This issue is definitely a very gray area with technology, ethics, morals, and common sense all battling one another. Eventually the law will catch-up with technology and all the periphery issues but, unfortunately, it hasn't yet.

And lastly, I'm not a proponent of the "Everyone else is doing it" excuse.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727