SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 23 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by Diana Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:02 pm

This is so extra and embarrassing. The worst part is he has no self awareness of that fact. Yuck laugh out loud
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:03 pm

sfrank wrote:Actually I get why he would TM his name - I certainly would not want some stranger using my name without my permission.

That's how I feel too. It's a way to protect yourself, imo.

Granted, I admit I don't know much about trademark, but is it similar to you secure your domain name on the internet so no one will misuse it?

Any TM experts to help me understand?

His merchandise is chessy, I agree. However, Rachel didn't seem to mind and even used one of them per hus IG.
Again, as long as she doesn't mind, why should I care? I don't know them irl.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:08 pm

I don't know if any other contestants that have trademarked their name from this show and their are some with a hell of a lot more fans and earning potential than Bryan. It just feels so extra. Add that with the stupid, cheesy merchandise and it doesn't paint the best picture. JMO

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 23 87b72b10 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 23 86669110 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 23 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:18 pm

If these two do end up breaking up, am I the only who thinks it's going to be as messy as the Jake/Vienna split? laugh out loud these two are so extra, it be hilarious (and sad for me because I like them) to watch.

JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't begrudge any of the contestants branding themselves and taking all opportunities afforded to them. IMO if you go on a reality show you better get while the getting is good; I don't think it takes away from your sincerity of trying to find love. The only real criticism I have is when I don't feel like the contestant is as into the lead as they say they are that bothers me. In the case of Bryan and Rachel I actually think Rachel is the wild card in the relationship she has a lot of insecurities whereas Bryan seems to be pretty comfortable in his own skin. I will say that one thing that gives me hope with this relationship is that while Rachel has a lot of insecurities she is pretty self aware, Bryan being so comfortable with himself can help her grow. I think Rachel is good for Bryan because the relationship allows him to be so ott, which I don't think would work for a lot of women.

Last edited by jalkire on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelling)

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:03 pm

That just fits in my impression of Bryan that he went into this with a plan to win. Now whether that was to win Rachel's heart or to win the season and the publicity attached to that remains to be seen.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 pm

sfrank wrote:Actually I get why he would TM his name - I certainly would not want some stranger using my name without my permission.
Pretty sure Chad did that a year or so ago on one of his rampages. Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 23 4256136633

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

@Diana Nothing I've seen of Rachel (and I say this as a fan) makes me think it would not be a total dumpster fire if they break up and Bryan happened to be at fault. Omg. Talk about the potential for things to get messy and ugly and quick. The tea spill would be real. She'd be at her shadiest, pettiest, most impulsive, most unfiltered best. We'd get 3030300303030 mic drops from her. There would be nowhere he could hide-- especially not after she lit his ish on fire and it made the 11:00 news. Wait, that's a criminal offense-- so she'd have to steer clear of that b/c she can't be getting kicked out of the bar over a mans, but... It would be ugly. Lol. But I'm rooting for them, so may it nevah come to that.

sdmom wrote:

That's how I feel too. It's a way to protect yourself, imo.

Granted, I admit I don't know much about trademark, but is it similar to you secure your domain name on the internet so no one will misuse it?

Any TM experts to help me understand?

His merchandise is chessy, I agree. However, Rachel didn't seem to mind and even used one of them per hus IG.
Again, as long as she doesn't mind, why should I care? I don't know them irl.

When I was working on my MBA, basically every professor I had strongly recommended that you trademark everything tied to your name, your business names, your nicknames, etc.-- and that was for everyone, but then they'd double down on that-- especially if you're going to have any public exposure. And then when I worked on both of President Obama's campaigns, I got tons of trademark experience, but I am no expert. So just a few little things not claiming to be an authority (and this isn't the half)...  

Not only do trademarks help you to earn and license and sell off your name (or whatever you're trademarking), but as importantly, if not more-- they also protect you and make it very easy for you to file suit (and win) if anyone infringes on your name/image/likeness. It blocks others from being able to set up (legally) domain names, slogans, and a slew of other things that have to do with what you're trademarking. People in certain professions are also strongly advised to trademark names and nicknames, any userhandles they have ever used, and so on. Lawyers, politicians, doctors, corporate executives of a certain caliber, family members of those people, and so on.

Trademarks allow you to challenge people from forming LLCs and other corporate structures using your name and trademarks. And... Trademarks are stronger protection than forming LLCs and so on, because that's technically state protection even though you can operate anywhere, and once you get out of the state you file your LLC in, you're considered a foreign entity and don't have as much control in legal challenges, and you become second-position to anyone who uses your name who is based out of a different state than you-- but used your name and set up a business/used your name in that other state. Trademarks provide you federal protection, so you have legal jurisdiction in every state. Thus, they provide you full control of your name/image/usage rights in a way other things don't.

Everything using that name is yours. And not just your name, typically you can go after key wording, and anything similar is yours. It allows you to quickly establish bad faith, no rights, illegitimate use, sets up grounds to contest confusingly similar slogans and name usage, and a myriad of things.

Generally speaking, trademarking is the very smart thing to do and not just for earning power (if you wind up with any) but also to protect yourself. It's pretty common advice given by any financial planner, legal team, etc.

As for the actual topic at hand, I don't mind Bryan being about his coins, or checking off every box--including trademarking, sort of seems to be his default setting about anything and everything. He seems to be pretty meticulous-- always.

Having said that, while I don't think he's disingenuous about Rachel and I think he definitely is with her because he loves her and as a general rule, I give people props for being business savvy and doing stuff like covering all your bases because SMART-- I also see why it might make some (not me at this juncture) suspicious or cautious about him given the vibe some already get from him. I get it. Totally. We will all find out. Time will tell. And the Good Sis Rachel will make it clear if evah she feels she got played by him. We can trust in that. Lol.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:43 pm

@likeashipblown Thank you for a lovely, well thought out informative post.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:43 pm

A Rach and B breakup would be epic!!! I don't want it to happen because I happen to like them a lot together but good lord, it'd be so freaking funny.

Last edited by Alanna on Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:43 pm

@likeashipblown thank you so much!

So to fans Bryan is business savvy, to others, he's chasing after money and fame.
Only time will tell.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Sorry for the double post, but why are we talking about a break up here and now??? Any signs pointing that way?

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh