SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 50 of 59 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 54 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Amethyst Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 pm

summerdayze wrote:@Amethyst I liked Rachel as a lead. She had a good combination of assertiveness and vulnerability. She's smart, sassy and stood her ground. I like her better than Andi and I've never been a big fan of Kaitlyn, and would have been more interested to see Britt in that position - so I definitely put her above those two. That said, Desiree remains my favorite 'ette and she had some real gems in her season like Chris and Drew.

I loved Desiree's sweet sincerity. I found her to be very relatable. My heart broke for her when Brooks left. I'm so glad that she found her HEA.

Hopefully Rachel will as well!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 pm

@Amethyst Great post. I felt the same way.

I personally do not like sassy if that's what sassy is. At times I feel it's unjustified and plain outright rude. It's an attitude to prove to others she doesn't take crap from anyone. That's fine and dandy, but when it comes to SM why should she care. Especially now, SM negativity should not even be a thought IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:08 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
FashionLover wrote:aaanyway...do y'all think eric is invited to the engagement parties or nah? laugh out loud

Would Eric go? Dean said when you enter Team Peter you have to hate Bryan. Eric may not be allowed to go and keep Peter as a friend.

As an aside, like Rhett, I frankly don't give a d***.

When did Dean say when you enter Team Peter you have to hate Bryan?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Des is still my favorite lead! She is very sweet, very sincere, and although she had her doubts/insecurity along the way, she tried to be open to get to know what's best for her long term. Look at her F4, IMO, the best F4 ever!! This shows me how much Des values a guy as person, rather than a guy who tried to woo her as a prize to win.

Back to Rachel, I can say I dislike her just as much as I dislike Andi. I understand no one is perfect, but these two probably thought they are close to perfect as no one can have comments about them. They both take mean as sassy, and take self righteous as assertive. I think Rachel is even worse than Andi in some ways because the first black lead kind of boost her ego so much, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:18 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Amethyst Great post. I felt the same way.

I personally do not like sassy if that's what sassy is. At times I feel it's unjustified and plain outright rude. It's an attitude to prove to others she doesn't take crap from anyone. That's fine and dandy, but when it comes to SM why should she care. Especially now, SM negativity should not even be a thought IMHO.

This is one of the reasons I like Emily as the lead. I know this is very unpopular laugh out loud, but I do think Emily is a good lead.

She is very beautiful (fake or not), very feminine yet just sassy enough to kick butts (Kalon and can't remember the name of that guy who kept saying trophy wife). And I also like how she is confident about the person herself is, she just doesn't care what do others think. This is sassy, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:57 pm

I liked Rachel as a lead. I think she handled situations as best as she could. The one thing I would have liked to see is more empathy esp. towards the ones she is eliminating - I felt she was kinda cold towards both Fred and Jack Stone. I think she just sucks at goodbyes IMO so I am giving her a pass there. She was also bad at faking chemistry with anyone not named Bryan, Peter and Dean. laugh out loud

One of the things I really liked was that she saw beyond looks to find the one and didn't fixate purely on a physical type. Her not listening to the gossip girls in the house *cough* Iggy *cough* and forming her own opinion was another plus. I liked how she understood Eric's position early on in the season and didn't just eliminate him based on that drama. I think she was as reasonable and fair as she could be as a lead.

Even though I liked her as a lead, overall the season was a huge letdown IMO but that's more due to the scheduling and TPTB's storylines. The first half of the season had a BIP feel to it, the middle was filled with racist drama and exploiting family dynamics and the last few episodes were so focused on Peter and his issues, that it took away from any romance that was left in the season IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Overall I like Rachel I felt that she was very self aware, very empathetic, and honest. I liked that she wanted to remain friends with the guys. What I don't like is the sass especially on SM, I just find it unnecessary, and if I'm being honest I think it's a front to seem tough and I just don't buy it, I bet she's bout as tough as a litter of kittens.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:43 pm

coolangel wrote:I liked Rachel as a lead. I think she handled situations as best as she could. The one thing I would have liked to see is more empathy esp. towards the ones she is eliminating - I felt she was kinda cold towards both Fred and Jack Stone. I think she just sucks at goodbyes IMO so I am giving her a pass there. She was also bad at faking chemistry with anyone not named Bryan, Peter and Dean. laugh out loud

One of the things I really liked was that she saw beyond looks to find the one and didn't fixate purely on a physical type. Her not listening to the gossip girls in the house *cough* Iggy *cough* and forming her own opinion was another plus. I liked how she understood Eric's position early on in the season and didn't just eliminate him based on that drama. I think she was as reasonable and fair as she could be as a lead.

Even though I liked her as a lead, overall the season was a huge letdown IMO but that's more due to the scheduling and TPTB's storylines. The first half of the season had a BIP feel to it, the middle was filled with racist drama and exploiting family dynamics and the last few episodes were so focused on Peter and his issues, that it took away from any romance that was left in the season IMO.

All JMO

I am following you around agreeing. This season was a jumbled mess because of all the breaks and I hate the TBC crap.

I enjoyed the Bryan times and grew to like Eric, so I was glad that Rachel ignored the tattle tales and followed her own gut with him.

And even though I wished she got there sooner, I am proud of her for breaking through her pattern of men who can't give her what she wants and needs. That took guts to let go of what you had always identified as love, but was actually not good for her.

Perhaps, with a female version of Bryan or an Ashley I type who is happy for it to be focused on him, Peter will break his cycle as well.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm getting to a point where I feel bad for all three parties involved honestly. It's clear to me that rachel has some residual feelings for peter, and I'm not saying romantic but definitely something that's making her lash out. Those two need closure, and they may say they got it but didn't look like it. Either from the breakup-ish or the AFTR. IMO it's embarrassing for Bryan for rachel to be snapping back about peter when people already think he's a default choice. This is probably a pipe dream, but they need to sit down, talk things out and move on. I understand why rachel would feel slighted but her reaction isn't helping the situation
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:55 pm

@FashionLover I don't think Bryan cares. He got the girl. He reminds me of Chris Sigfried. He never got upset about the Brooks questions or being called a default. He just loved his Des right through it all. And Chris even remained friends with Brooks.

My opinion is that Bryan only cares as it hurts Rachel. I think he could give a darn less what Peter or anyone else thinks about his relationship. He seems secure in his feelings and seems to know Rachel and love her enough to let her process her experience however she needs.

This song is about cancer, but the message reminds me of both Bryan and Chris Sigfried.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:58 pm

I just don't get why some seem so certain of Rachel's harboring unresolved feelings for Peter because of some petty likes or responses on social media. I would buy this if it was abnormal behavior for her but it's not. 

Just a few months ago some were cheering on and loving how Rachel was the "clapback Queen" and now all of a sudden, one rude response by her means she's still harboring some deep unresolved feelings for Peter? No, it's that Rachel has always been a bit of a mean girl and petty.

People just didn't see it or want to see it because back then she was the fan favorite who could do no wrong. But now she's been usurped by one of the men on her season who to many can do no wrong so now suddenly some are seeing those faults she always had. And I also maintain after saying all that, that I still don't think Rachel is being so petty. The way some talk it's like she's been on liking and responding spree all over social media and unless I've missed it, that doesn't seem to be the case. All JMO.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm

I don't think Rachel and Peter ever need to be in a room together again for any reason laugh out loud they're a really bad fit and whatever residual feelings there are or aren't stem from addiction to drama and angst imo. Hard pass on their closure from me.

I don't think they could even have closure now that I consider it, imo they'd just fall back into their nonsensical drama. She needs to stick with being B's baby at this point laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 59 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 54 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73