SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 36 of 59 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 47 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Maddy Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Kashathediva wrote:IMO I thought it was good.
I did not see Rachel being angry. I saw her being strong and direct. Why is the strong woman always wrong and victimized? Why is the strong women labeled as attacking? The only daggers that I saw coming out were from Peter's own eyes. JMO If looks could kill.
The behavior Peter showed last night was the same behavior pre-show attributed to him to a tee. Unable to commit, manipulative.
Kasha, I'm so with you!
And Rachel said she felt being manipulated. And how good Peter was at that! She was going there to break up with him and he was still managing to pull her into his manipulations! Well done, Rachel! yes
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Nibbles22 Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Imo, I didn't think she rewrote history.   I don't think I ever saw her truly happy and joyful while she was with Peter.
Her time spent with Peter was depressing, complicated, suffocating, and toxic.   Contrary to the obvious (IMO) joyful, and
happy moments she spent with Bryan
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Amethyst wrote:I'm still puzzled by what went on between Peter and Rachel. She was really clear about what her end game was all along -- a proposal. From her choices and behavior I can infer that she also wanted someone who was all in -- who had a completely open heart, who was willing to pursue her, who wanted her completely, and who was willing to throw his hat in the ring. That person was clearly not Peter. He was ambivalent about the process and about Rachel for much of the season.

The only person who met her requirements 100% was Bryan. I think Eric came close. So why did Rachel not bring Eric to F2? That is my question. He loved her with a puppy-dog openness, and he was willing to propose. There is no doubt in my mind that if allowed, Eric would have had his chat with Neil Lane and gotten down on one knee. Apparently rejecting Eric would not have been quite as troubling to Rachel, since in her judgment, he was not ready.

So why bring Peter all the way to F2? Barring producer machinations, there is not a minute of that show where Rachel could not have sent Peter home. I'm sure that beyond Eric, there were a number of other guys on her season who would have been willing to propose to her. If getting engaged and being all in was her number one requirement, why not bring men along who were still in that game?

The watch -- I keep coming back to the watch. Rachel said that she could see problems with Peter going back to Geneva (although she never elaborated.) Well, all I can say is that if the object of my affections procured a massively expensive matching his-and-hers present for a rival, that would be a signal for me to cash out my chips. Game over. Of course Peter had problems with her after that! He's not stupid, and he's not a lovely, open-hearted Eric who is going to see something like that and just accept it with no question whatsoever. That's not who Peter is. He lives inside his head. He's going to add up the clues and come to the not unreasonable conclusion that he's not the front-runner.

My thinking is that Rachel did not want Peter. She wanted Bryan. But what she wanted most was to be in complete control of her finalists, and Peter would not and could not give that to her.

I seem to recall Rachel saying at one point that she felt a sort of possessiveness about her men. I saw some of that in play last night. Her comment that in her opinion the process may not be best for Peter -- well she can feel that way all she wants to, and she may indeed be right about it. *But IMO last night was NOT the night to say that.* Last night, she was in the winners' seat. She had her pick of the men, she had the rock, the People cover, and the Spanish vacation. Last night was also probably Peter's last, best chance for making his case for being the Bachelor. But IMO Rachel *could not let it go.* She is a courtroom lawyer in one of the biggest arenas of her life. Every last thing this woman says in a public arena is intentional. She is used to choosing her words with care. She deliberately threw him under the bus. Why? Because IMO he did not hand over control of his heart to her. And that irritated her to no end.

I do admire the way that Bryan has consistently steered clear of drama. Kudos to him for that. I don't mind the shilling. I figure that it's like any other form of media -- you have to give people content with the shilling, so they'll be willing to put up with it. The Dr. Abs stuff is funny, but hey, if he can sell it, more power to him.

Great post, ita...
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Rachel needs to decide what she wants to communicate at this point and stick to it. At this moment she seems to be on the "it was always gonna be Bryan and Peter was a non factor" media tour ft "ruin peter's reputation"
I know that it's hard to avoid this questions considering the finale was more about her and peter then it was anything but she's a lawyer for god's sake. I know for a fact (well maybe not for a fact, but strongly believe) that she can pivot and redirect this questions but sure jan,

Last edited by FashionLover on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:01 pm

pbmax wrote:
Sprite wrote:
jalkire wrote:IMO neither Peter or Rachel were willing to compromise, and that's fine. My issue is with Peter if he knew he felt this way, not leave? Unless you are using this for your own agenda like getting your own season of The Bachelor. I just feel like he was using her and being manipulative and I just can't get behind that. I think Rachel started to feel that too and I think she should have sent him home earlier.

Who is to say that the producers would let him leave? Perhaps they targeted him as the next lead just as they did Rachel during Nick's season.

What is wrong with wanting to be the next lead and going along to get it?

Rachel has to lead the other guys whether she wants them or not. The other guys have said that halfway through the season they knew Brian was going to be it. Someone has to go to the end, so she is using them. So how is she any different than Peter?

The names are interchangeable. This applies every season. No need to be p*ssed off if they are all using one another. None of them are special snowflakes. Last season she was whining about Nick, but now it is all different? How exactly?  :headbanging

The difference is when you go on this show as a contestant you know from the get got that it could not be you in the end and when you are the lead you expect  the contestant to tell you that they don't feel a connection and leave. Tptp don't need Peter for the bachelor,  they can get one of the other rejected guys or someone new per CH. We don't know if he will even get the gig maybe why we see some of his bitterness.

If it's not going to be you being picked in the end, then why is it wrong to stay as long as you can? This show has been on umpteen seasons. The prize is to be F1, then the next lead (either bachelor or bachelorette) or to go as far as you can to increase your exposure and your shilling opportunities. They all do this, even the leads and their final ones.

I loved Eric, he was one of my favorites this season. But there is no way that I believe he thought Rachel would pick him. I honestly don't think he was all that in love with her either and maybe part of this is that from very early on all the other men knew that Rachel was going to choose Bryan. I would think it would have been a big clue to those left when Bryan got the really expensive watch that he was going to be the winner. Who knows, maybe all of them wanted to leave by then but they wouldn't let them? The general public doesn't know exactly what went down because we weren't there and we only know what TPTB chose to show us. They could have threatened lawsuits or breach of contract, etc. Or maybe they promised some or all of them that they would be strongly considered for the next lead?

Rachel and her squad did not get along with Venessa, but nowhere did I ever see Nick disrespect her in any fashion. I don't know, maybe TPTB forced her to try to get Peter to propose to her. I could see her going along with that if that's what they wanted her to do, but then why push it so far to the point of anger? Why was it so important that he propose if she wasn't going to pick him anyway? I saw from very early on that she was going to choose Bryan, and that's even with all the editing. It was probably much more obvious to all the men there that were witnessing it first hand. Did she just want Peter to propose so she could reject him in the end? Since the beginning, Peter has been wary about proposing, so she could have let him go, too, before he got to F2. Unless of course TPTB made her keep him.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 pm

pbmax wrote:Can we really blame Peter for not being ready to propose to someone after only knowing them a couple months? Actually it’s 2.5 months to be more accurate. I think it’s totally normal not to feel ready.
I don't blame him for that at all and totally agree with you. And Rachel said the same. But it's kinda sh!t or get off the pot. And even after what happened he is still making her and Bryan wrong and I don't like that and I don't like his manipulativeness.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:Imo, I didn't think she rewrote history.   I don't think I ever saw her truly happy and joyful while she was with Peter.
Her time spent with Peter was depressing, complicated, suffocating, and toxic.   Contrary to the obvious (IMO) joyful, and
happy moments she spent with Bryan

I don't think she re-wrote history either.
The ET exclusive was very good above. She was very succinct and direct. Everything she mentioned about Peter we saw on screen. Those were the same things reported pre show as spoilers. No shock there.
Anger? Please! Women really need to start addressing what is assertive vs what is anger and what is the difference. Expressing what we need and deserve as adults is not anger. It's what we deserve as adults. JMO
Love should be happy at least in the early stages. I can't think of crying and that kind of torment in a relationship unless talking about illness/grief or something awful, certainly not during the courting stages of a relationship. If that's what you have to start out with good grief! Who wants that? Talk about sacrifice.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:17 pm

If peter was manipulating rachel then wasn't rachel playing the manipulative game right back. She has her mind made up but she's still pushing for a proposal she's gonna turn down, like what? The post by @Amethyst makes sense to me. If this was about control for her, then she was also being manipulative. If rachel doesn't want Peter to be bachelor, then my advice would be for her to talk about him as least as possible. The more he's discussed the more he is in the public eye.

side questions, do runner ups always give good morning show interviews?
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Linds911 wrote:I don't remember Kait making fun of Nick's ring toss but then again it's been 2 years since all her post-show interviews laugh out loud and she moved past Nick and is happily engaged so I hope Rachel can do the same! jmo.

Kaitlyn is my favorite, so I can say she (and Shawn) unfortunately definitely did that! That's why I don't buy the "omg she's bitter, that must mean that she's not happy in her relationship". No, she's just angry about the edit and the hero-worship of her final two guy, similar to how S/K were even though they were madly in love with each other. Anyways, I'm hoping Rachel moves on too as she's said her piece. Time will prove her right (IMO), so she should just enjoy her fiancé and her new life in the meantime.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:21 pm

@FashionLover Nick gave a few after Kaitlyn's season but don't remember which ones.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 1f49c

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 8367-910 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 I_got_13 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 E5kqdm15 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 36 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:27 pm

FashionLover wrote:If peter was manipulating rachel then wasn't rachel playing the manipulative game right back. She has her mind made up but she's still pushing for a proposal she's gonna turn down, like what? The post by @Amethyst makes sense to me. If this was about control for her, then she was also being manipulative. If rachel doesn't want Peter to be bachelor, then my advice would be for her to talk about him as least as possible. The more he's discussed the more he is in the public eye.

side questions, do runner ups always give good morning show interviews?

Agree about the manipulation. And for the life of me I don't understand why a lead can get so angry with someone who is clearly trying to "get there" and stay open to the process, but is struggling. It's also likely that to whatever extent Rachel was able to let her walls down at the end with nick, it was because he expressed hopes that she could - but not to the point of badgering her, as I believe she did to peter. (My goodness, that statement at the f3 rc was unprecedented and very intimidating, IMO.) Struggle/ambivalence is not synonymous with manipulation, at least not in my dictionary. I was upset about Jilly getting so frustrated with Reid for the same reason. Turned out she just wanted ed anyway, but boy she really was on his case, and that finale broke so many hearts. Jmo.

I am trying to be happy for Rachel but I've come to the conclusion I just don't like her. She has many gifts - charisma, intellect, beauty - but I can't relate to her brand of strength and need to control/win.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Rachel just said on tonight's Access Hollywood interview that she knew Peter was not the one for her by Geneva. Revisionist history? Or truth?
She further stated, "I knew I was not in love with [Peter]... I cared about him...I was in love with Bryan."

BTW, I think that Ashley I. totally rocks her gig as Bach franchise resident expert for AH.

Last edited by Amethyst on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 59 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 47 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73