SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

setlife - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by SFoster Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am

I don't think Rachel was sobbing over Peter because she was afraid of hurting his feelings. He doesn't care about her. He's not into her. That's the problem. She's the one who cares about him but it's not reciprocated. I think she knows that. But she's been hoping. IMO

SFoster

Back to top Go down

setlife - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Shadow Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:38 am

SFoster wrote:Rachel has said in interviews that she was not in love with any of the men until after MTPs. She was falling in love with all of them during HTDs. She said in Spain that she never would have believed that she could feel the same way about 3 men "at the same damn time".  So imo she did not have a clear favorite from the beginning. I think that FDs are for solidifying her feelings but also solidifying which two will certainly propose. Judging from what Raven said  when the squad came on for the mud wrestling, Rachel was most interested in Eric. And she told her two friends in Dallas (MTP) that she thought Bryan was a douchebag at first (when did that opinion change?).  So I don't think she is going to say at the end that she knew from the moment he stepped out of the limo. She takes her time to decide, she doesn't believe in love at first sight, she believes in getting to know a person first, etc.  JMO

I don't get the douchebag comment.  When did she think this?  When he spoke Spanish to her right out of the limo, she squealed with delight.  She said with a smile as he walked away" I like trouble".  Was it when he kissed her at the meet and greet.  In the interview she said how much she liked it and she gave him the FIR.  She kissed Bryan every chance she had when they were alone. Did she think that way when Bryan gave her a back rub.  Either I am missing something or Rachel was just teasing when she said that to her friends.  I think she fell for him at first sight and had a hard time accepting that.  After all, she is a lawyer, she deals in facts and logic. I believe her feelings for Bryan were so quick and intense she could not explain them and this scared her.  I believe this is why she gravitate to Peter, he was what she was use to, she knew how to handle him.  Eric was fun and they just had a good time together.  In the end she gave in to her feelings for Bryan at the MTP when she realized that she could not live without him. Her family disapproval of him made her realize she was not giving him up, she was willing to fight for him and they were a team. jMHO

"Love Never Fails"
Shadow
Shadow

Female Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am

The timing of her falling in love / being in love is kind of iffy for me. Because Millsy said she was in love after hometowns, then later she said it was after MTP and then in her voice-over in Spain, she said she felt the same thing for all three. Then she said FSD is a game changer. Which is it, Rach? JMO, but I think these are all to promote the show so people will continue to watch. NEXT, she might say she was torn between 2 men to the very end. And then miraculously has "clarity" before FRC. Finally, we may see her sing a different tune at AFTR. I take all these with a grain of salt. Nearly all leads do it, IMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 am

What Rachel says in her interviews is after filming. She just recently said that she took her time, that she didn't fall in love until after MTP. So I can't see her reneging on what she just said in interviews in the last couple of weeks. JMO

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:52 am

SFoster wrote:I don't think Rachel was sobbing over Peter because she was afraid of hurting his feelings. He  doesn't care about her. He's not into her. That's the problem. She's the one who cares about him but it's not reciprocated. I think she knows that. But she's been hoping. IMO

You think he went all the way to the end without caring anything about Rachel? I don't see that at all.  I do believe he cared for her at this point in the show and was even falling in love but not to the point of being prepared to propose. I think Rachel had strong feelings for Peter but stronger for Bryan so she used Peter's reluctance to propose as an excuse to drop him - apparently prior to the FRC. I think it's easy to say that it's okay because Peter didn't care but we don't actually know that and I for one don't believe it. JMO of course.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:08 pm

albean99 wrote:
SFoster wrote:I don't think Rachel was sobbing over Peter because she was afraid of hurting his feelings. He  doesn't care about her. He's not into her. That's the problem. She's the one who cares about him but it's not reciprocated. I think she knows that. But she's been hoping. IMO

You think he went all the way to the end without caring anything about Rachel? I don't see that at all.  I do believe he cared for her at this point in the show and was even falling in love but not to the point of being prepared to propose. I think Rachel had strong feelings for Peter but stronger for Bryan so she used Peter's reluctance to propose as an excuse to drop him - apparently prior to the FRC. I think it's easy to say that it's okay because Peter didn't care but we don't actually know that and I for one don't believe it. JMO of course.

But if he cared for Rachel that strongly, his being able to keep her was a very simple thing - proposal - that he was not willing to do. The other two men are ready to propose. Peter is not into her enough to do that. So I can't see him being heartbroken at all. It's his "audition" for next lead, imo.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:12 pm

SFoster wrote:What Rachel says in her interviews is after filming. She just recently said that she took her time, that she didn't fall in love until after MTP. So I can't see her reneging on what she just said in interviews in the last couple of weeks. JMO
That is my point, though. Smiley Rachel said after filming that she fell in love after MTP. However, on the show, she was still selling that she felt the same for all 3 men in Spain (I highly doubt that), so she is already contradicting herself. So, I wouldn't be surprised if on the show she said she was very torn until the very end with her final 2 men. Those are the usual producer-induced soundbites. But IMO, you can only be in love with one person at a time, so how can she be truly that torn if she knew she was already in love with someone after MTP?

And I agree with @albean99. I don't think Peter is 100% into Rachel, but they have formed some sort of relationship by that point, and if the person I'm breaking up with (who I am also fond of) is sobbing, I would most likely cry with him too.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:20 pm

makeover wrote:
SFoster wrote:What Rachel says in her interviews is after filming. She just recently said that she took her time, that she didn't fall in love until after MTP. So I can't see her reneging on what she just said in interviews in the last couple of weeks. JMO
That is my point, though. Smiley  Rachel said after filming that she fell in love after MTP. However, on the show, she was still selling that she felt the same for all 3 men in Spain (I highly doubt that), so she is already contradicting herself. So, I wouldn't be surprised if on the show she said she was very torn until the very end with her final 2 men. Those are the usual producer-induced soundbites. But IMO, you can only be in love with one person at a time, so how can she be truly that torn if she knew she was already in love with someone after MTP?

And I agree with @albean99. I don't think Peter is 100% into Rachel, but they have formed some sort of relationship by that point, and if the person I'm breaking up with (who I am also fond of) is sobbing, I would most likely cry with him too.

When Rachel said she felt the same way about all the men in Spain, it was as soon as she got there. She may have fallen in love very soon after that. IMO

We see contestants quickly get over it, soon after they get out of the bubble, even if we see they were in love with the lead. In this case, I have not seen at all that Peter is even close to being in love with Rachel. Yes, he says he cares about her. I think he is strategic, that's it. JMO

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Peter cried when telling Rachel about how he left his ex. But that was a situation where he was auditioning too the ex was in love with him. That was a hurtful situation. But I don't think Rachel would be crying so much over Peter's feelings when to me it's obvious that the only reason she is letting him go is that he is not into her enough to propose.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:26 pm

This is also another real possibility:  Peter tells her he is not going to give up on her. So she is happy about that. But down in the lobby, she then realizes she must cut Eric, and she's crying about having to cut Eric the next day at the F3 RC.  Because Eric has professed his love for her, and she is going to hurt him. But then how to explain Peter left on the floor crying?  Unless, he is crying from the emotion of almost losing her. He does say "what is wrong with me". He may have had an emotional soul baring with her.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:33 pm

The way I perceived it, it wasn't until Geneva that I saw Rachel start to pull away from Peter a bit, until then I feel like he was at least on par with Bryan in Rachel's eyes, although maybe in different ways. I think since then, and especially after HTD, Bryan started to surpass Peter and she was clearly falling in love and probably already in love with him by then. Nevertheless, as she put it, Rachel was still "devastated" to hear that Peter probably wasn't going to propose from his mom, so I think she was still hung up on him on some level which would have made their breakup extremely hard. IMO Peter sees Rachel as a great match on paper, but his feelings just didn't catch up, that can be very frustrating in its own way.

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:36 pm

IMO, Peter on the floor upset is part of being let go early before the FRC and has nothing to do with the F3 RC.  

The US Weekly article from yesterday seems to back that up.

"When it gets down to the finale and the final two guys, the last breakup is the most heart-wrenching of all time,” an insider tells Us. "They couldn’t say goodbye, and even when they did there were so many tears from her. After she left, he collapsed and sobbed.”
Source - Rachel Lindsay’s Breakup With ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Was ‘the Most Heart-Wrenching of All Time’
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

+84
CHO
Rolly
luvnunity
nuts2uiam
Shadow
Bet2Win
sfrank
Nillay
Mommyof2
nikikass
richmondrose