SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Page 62 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by 2observe Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:51 pm

lleyki wrote:I agree that I wouldn't say RS specifically was the issue. As I said, I wasn't really following the pre-sleuthing closely but I do remember that there was a lot of discussion about Peter long before the finale was filmed and before RS gave his spoiler of the Final 1.

I remember many waiting desperately for him to confirm it was Peter because there was already such a swell of support behind him. On the flipside, like others noted, people had already labeled Bryan the worse because of the Ellen group date and the sloppy seconds comment and all the stuff about his lawsuit.

When RS first said Peter was Final 1, that did take the adoration and love to new heights because I think for some it confirmed the pedestal they'd already put him on. And then came the spoiler change that I do think for some made them dislike Bryan even more because it was almost like he was ruining their fantasy.

I do think that sometimes viewers form opinions of contestants and cannot or will not let go of those no matter what. So for some Peter was the greatest man that ever graced this show before one episode aired and Bryan the scum of the earth and no matter what happens, that will not change. It doesn't matter that on the show itself, Bryan's biggest "sin" (if you want to consider it that) is he makes out with Rachel a lot and spouts cheesy lines. To some he is repulsive, fake, a liar, etc. and that's that. And it doesn't matter that Peter has seemed somewhat distant with Rachel, physically at least and himself admits he doesn't know if he's ready to open himself up to someone, much less marriage. Peter is the greatest man ever and that's that.

But more importantly, it doesn't matter what Rachel wants and who makes Rachel happy. It's all about viewers and projecting their own feelings and desires onto the situation. JMO.
And, don't forget the other Reality TV Show (The Player) that Bryan was a part of. IMO, all of that plus how smooth talking and taking the lead all led to the negative opinions of Bryan. As always, it's just my opinion.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3307

Back to top Go down

Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by coolangel Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Pre-season, I was neutral on Peter and didn't like Bryan (only due to the sloppy seconds comment). However, the more I sleuthed, the less I liked Peter and didn't find anything on Bryan that would make me dislike him more. IMO He is who he is - cheesy lines and all. I don't know enough about malpractice lawsuits but know they are common in the medical field so I am not ready to write him off based on that yet.

I didn't like the sloppy seconds comment at all and criticized him when it happened. But having watched the episode now and knowing that Will and Bryan were/are close, I see that comment in a new light. Even when they were backstage during Ellen, Bryan and Will were bro-ing out. I now see Bryan's comment as teasing Will (since he is close to him) instead of it being a diss. He doesn't get into drama both in the house and on SM, concentrates on Rachel and is a chill, laid-back guy IMO. I don't find him fake inspite of his cheesy lines coz that is who he is IMO. That's good enough for me for now.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Ilovepeter wrote:
"As for what Lindsay is "guilty" of throughout the rest of the season, she said we'll see her kiss more than one guy during a group date, cry over a decision and even say "I love you" to two different people -- but she "pleads the fifth" on whether or not she'll get intimate in the fantasy suites."
source: http://www.etonline.com/tv/218194_exclusive_bachelorette_rachel_lindsay_says_she_broke_the_rules_upon_revealing_her_engagement/

I could see her saying I Love You to Eric - I think she is so fond of him that she does have love for him - just not in the same way as her F1.
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5419

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:18 pm

I have liked both Peter and Bryan preseason but did not hesitate to call him out on his sloppy seconds comment. I saw a lot of people vilify Bryan then and I was one of the very few people if not the only one, who was trying to convince people on the board that he was not that bad.

Because from my sleuthing, besides the Ellen comment, at the time they were similar to me. I saw two good looking men, who loved their work, friends and family, have a lot of POC in their lives who they have known for decades. I did not understand how people were not seeing and recognising those qualities in Bryan, and that he could not be that bad because the same thing they were praising Peter for, Bryan was that as well.

But what do I know, I am just a person who likes to see the best in people. Same with Jordan last year, I knew he cheated on his ex gf(she had proof) and maybe played some girls but I chose to see him as more than that, I saw the good characteristics in him and was hopeful that he would treat Jojo well and am glad to see I am not wrong yet.

So here is to giving Bryan the same benefit of the doubt and hoping for the very best for Bryan and Rachel wine
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Rachel is wearing LA Lakers colors at the ESPY's last night. Purple shoes. rofl same as my emoji. rofl

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:25 pm

2observe wrote:
lleyki wrote:I agree that I wouldn't say RS specifically was the issue. As I said, I wasn't really following the pre-sleuthing closely but I do remember that there was a lot of discussion about Peter long before the finale was filmed and before RS gave his spoiler of the Final 1.

I remember many waiting desperately for him to confirm it was Peter because there was already such a swell of support behind him. On the flipside, like others noted, people had already labeled Bryan the worse because of the Ellen group date and the sloppy seconds comment and all the stuff about his lawsuit.

When RS first said Peter was Final 1, that did take the adoration and love to new heights because I think for some it confirmed the pedestal they'd already put him on. And then came the spoiler change that I do think for some made them dislike Bryan even more because it was almost like he was ruining their fantasy.

I do think that sometimes viewers form opinions of contestants and cannot or will not let go of those no matter what. So for some Peter was the greatest man that ever graced this show before one episode aired and Bryan the scum of the earth and no matter what happens, that will not change. It doesn't matter that on the show itself, Bryan's biggest "sin" (if you want to consider it that) is he makes out with Rachel a lot and spouts cheesy lines. To some he is repulsive, fake, a liar, etc. and that's that. And it doesn't matter that Peter has seemed somewhat distant with Rachel, physically at least and himself admits he doesn't know if he's ready to open himself up to someone, much less marriage. Peter is the greatest man ever and that's that.

But more importantly, it doesn't matter what Rachel wants and who makes Rachel happy. It's all about viewers and projecting their own feelings and desires onto the situation. JMO.
And, don't forget the other Reality TV Show (The Player) that Bryan was a part of.  IMO, all of that plus how smooth talking and taking the lead all led to the negative opinions of Bryan.   As always, it's just my opinion.  

The reality show discovery didn't come until after the season had already started.

Same with Jordan last year, I knew he cheated on his ex gf(she had proof) and maybe played some girls but I chose to see him as more than that, I saw the good characteristics in him and was hopeful that he would treat Jojo well and am glad to see I am not wrong yet.

And speaking of that, I see so many statements of fact about Bryan's player status and trolling clubs but have never seen any actual proof of this. I have yet to see or read about the laundry list of exes, see the numerous stories from anonymous people who met him during his club trolling days. All I see is a lot of, "I know guys like Bryan who use cheesy lines and they're like this because that's my experience and so he is clearly and must be exactly like this."

Last edited by lleyki on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:37 pm

But isn't Bryan a Bachelor fan? Like Whitney B, he's been a regular viewer? It's like he's learned how to win from watching the show, just like it was said about Whitney B. Not sure, but it seems like I remember that - he's into sports and the Bachelor.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:41 pm

So Rachel met Dak (who she probably loves)

Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 62 Screen24

& OBJ, who I love  Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 62 1f445 (I cropped out the other guy, because irrelevant imo laugh out loud)
Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 62 Screen25

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfeKdOjos4/?taken-by=therachlindsay

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:42 pm

SFoster wrote:But isn't Bryan a Bachelor fan? Like Whitney B, he's been a regular viewer?  It's like he's learned how to win from watching the show, just like it was said about Whitney B. Not sure, but it seems like I remember that - he's into sports and the Bachelor.
I don't know if he's a fan or not, but he knows what to do with a woman imo and overall, whatever he's selling, rachel is buying!! She's so into him and it's written all over her face, body language, everything. She'll probably not be able to contain herself post show laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm

@SFoster I remember hearing he was a fan & he also dated Jubilee from Bens season Rolling Eyes

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Topazgold wrote:@SFoster I remember hearing he was a fan & he also dated Jubilee from Bens season Rolling Eyes

Here it is on the questionnaire - what is your favorite tv show? http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast/bryan-2017

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 pm

But watching for seasons or even lurking/reading here and learning some dos and don'ts does not mean that the lead will actually respond to, buy into or fall for it, IMO.

I don't think he's playing anyone or trying to be anyone other than who he is.  I think that the cheesy, smoothness, etc. is just him and how he is.  Some women like it, others don't, and Rachel's just lapping it up, IMO.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

+77
Aria
MVMom39forever
kraft33
stuckinsc
Nibbles22
sfrank
Bookworm85
Stacia620
Miyala
Rolly
alwaystulips