SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by coolangel Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:17 am

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:It's actually highly offensive to me that racism is being lumped in with TPTB usual shenanigans. Idc what unReal did, racism crosses a line. It's not the same thing as casting whaboom and blake E. So Rachel's season is different IMO.

If you are referring to my post, I don't see where I lumped racism with TPTB shenanigans. I stated clearly multiple times how disgusted I was that they went there. However, anyone who watched UnReal knew it was a possibility coz that is exactly what happened.

I feel every single person who goes on this show should binge-watch UnReal before they sign the contract. TPTB are not your friends and don't give a crap about anyone IMO. In that sense, no one is really different and while this might be crossing a line for most of the viewing audience, it is business as usual for TPTB IMO. This is a new low for TPTB IMO but give them a few more seasons and I am sure they'll find a way to go lower than this for ratings.

All JMO

I'm referring to all the posts in this conversation, including, but not limited to yours. Racism is being lumped in if the conversation is 'well same old TPTB, they don't care about any of their leads, I knew it'. As far as I know, there's never been a situation like this on the show, unless there's been some other black lead I've missed, so it's not same old same old. There's nothing Rachel could have done to prepare for this, maybe she did check out a couple episodes of unreal, but seeing it in an abstract sense and being confronted with it IRL isn't the same thing.

I agree that seeing it in an abstract sense and being confronted with it IRL is not the same thing but IMO atleast it prepares you for it. When I saw the character nicknamed 'Alabama racist' by the producers on UnReal for the season of the black lead, I knew instantly that there is a possibility that TPTB will go there if Rachel becomes the 'Ette. Ofcourse, you hope that they wouldn't but I have learnt that you never underestimate these people and that they are capable of being much much worse than you think IMO (Clint and JJ and how the show tried to portray two straight guys as gay without considering the effect it would have on their future comes to mind). I feel bad for Rachel that they cast a racist on the season but I feel way way way worse for the guys who actually had to live with him and deal with him every single day. Like I said earlier, I can see TPTB going much much lower than even this if it gets them ratings. Any lead/contestant who goes on this show thinking/hoping they are going to be treated differently is just naive IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by makeover Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:21 am

It's never about the love story and TPTB is always trying to make a dramatic TV show. So I am never surprised by the storylines they cook up. They have no subject that is taboo. If Rachel thinks it is going to be any different for her, then she is naive. But I would hope she's smarter than that and be content she found someone she likes / loves at the end of this.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:00 am

I agree about the absurdity of production using race as a story line, it quite frankly just shows a lack of creativity on their part. However, to say that rachel or the other contestants are naive for thinking it wouldn't be done is like saying expecting normal human decency is naive. nope, I disagree with that 1000%. Expecting someone, in this case production, not to stoop as low as making racism a plot line isn't naive. I agree with whoever it was above that said there was no way for rachel to prepare for this. Her situation IS different.
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:23 am

coolangel wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
But the problem is-this is the show.
This is the show we are talking about. It's not good tv. IMO It's not about award winning tv or a romance or --I don't know how to categorize it in any other way besides referring to it as DRECK.
I mean honestly, it could have been this great thing or that great thing or the other great thing. It could have been. It could have been in an alternate world.
But this is Michael Fleiss and not Walt Disney. He does Chain Saw Massacre and not It's a Wonderful Life.
And I don't mean to be disrespectful to cast or readers/members. I don't excuse the show or it's producers. I think they suck. rofl
But when I go into a discount store and buy something damaged and disgusting from the 99.99% clearance rack I don't expect to get Louis Vuitton, I expect to get something cheap, damaged and disgusting.
It's about time the cast get with the ideology. There really are no surprises here. The contract spells it out pretty clearly. JMO

ITA! I have learnt my lesson over the last couple of seasons and even as a viewer, I don't expect anything different but the Lee storyline was a very hard pill to swallow and I am still disgusted that they went there. I just don't think Rachel expected it and I agree that it is on her and she should have known/educated herself prior to the season IMO. I remember making posts before the season that she needs to binge-watch UnReal. That might have really helped her IMO. Unfortunately, the cast never learns and it's the same story every season IMO. no no

All JMO

As soon as Rachel was announced, I predicted the Lee storyline. Sometimes smart people are really dumb and/or the producers are really good as selling them that their season will be different and that everyone will love them. As a successful lawyer, she really should have done her homework and none of this would have been a surprise...it certainly wasn't to me. That said, reading her contract should have been enough. She is a lawyer so there is no excuse.

@FashionLover I get where you are coming from, but tptb stoop lower and lower every season. They are always trying to outdo themselves with the shock/drama factor. The fact that race was repeatedly brought up with Rachel during Nick's season, was a clear indication of where this was going. While normal people may not want to think that getting a racist on the show would be what they would do, it also wouldn't be a shock for those who follow the show. Just like predicting that some guy would have a girlfriend, some would have tragic pasts, someone would have a child, some guys would get drunk, some would fight. I read somewhere on here recently that the big drama years ago on Dr. Andy Baldwin's season, was Bevin telling him that she was divorced. It seems so innocent now. After Corinne last season, I was dreading what they would come up with for Rachel.

Last edited by Sprite on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:29 am

2observe wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:@ReneeM the fact that this is the first lead of color in how many seasons tells me sadly it's nothing new.  But showing it clearly on tv ui all imo.
The MTA discussions is what will really bring the subject of racism to the forefront, imo.

If they want to have an honest discussion...which I doubt. More than likely it will be glossed over and/or edited out and other stupid drama will be substituted. Respectful and thoughtful discussion isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of this show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:57 am

FashionLover wrote: I agree about the absurdity of production using race as a story line, it quite frankly just shows a lack of creativity on their part. However, to say that rachel or the other contestants are naive for thinking it wouldn't be done is like saying expecting normal human decency is naive. nope, I disagree with that 1000%. Expecting someone, in this case production, not to stoop as low as making racism a plot line isn't naive. I agree with whoever it was above that said there was no way for rachel to prepare for this. Her situation IS different.
I totally get where you are coming from and perhaps it is just me who is jaded with this show. Of course human decency should be expected but on this show, I don't expect much from MF and gang after so many seasons of watching it. Good/ bad drama trumps all for them. They have made someone's virginity or disability as plotlines before. So, I'm not surprised by any of it. Maybe it's not fair for me to ask the leads to have a thick skin, but unfortunately, whenever they are involved in reality TV, they should be mentally prepared to be exploited. Else, to be safe, don't sign up for it at all. Sometimes it is even worse on shows like Survivor or Top Model. Be prepared to air all your dirty laundry and childhood trauma for the sake of ~drama.

Anyway, I believe Rachel is a big girl and she has shown that she knows how to stand up for herself. So, I don't worry too much about her. JMHO.

Last edited by makeover on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:16 am

makeover wrote:
FashionLover wrote: I agree about the absurdity of production using race as a story line, it quite frankly just shows a lack of creativity on their part. However, to say that rachel or the other contestants are naive for thinking it wouldn't be done is like saying expecting normal human decency is naive. nope, I disagree with that 1000%. Expecting someone, in this case production, not to stoop as low as making racism a plot line isn't naive. I agree with whoever it was above that said there was no way for rachel to prepare for this. Her situation IS different.
I totally get where you ae coming from and perhaps it is just me who is jaded with this show. Of course human decency should be expected but on this show, I don't expect much from MF and gang after so many seasons of watching it. Good/ bad drama trumps all for them. They have made someone's virginity or disability as plotlines before. So, I'm not surprised by any of it. Maybe it's not fair for me to ask the leads to have a thick skin, but unfortunately, whenever they are involved in reality TV, they should be mentally prepared to be exploited. Else, to be safe, don't sign up for it at all. Sometimes it is even worse on shows like Survivor or Top Model. Be prepared to air all your dirty laundry and childhood trauma for the sake of ~drama.

Anyway, I believe Rachel is a big girl and she has shown that she knows how to stand up for herself. So, I don't worry too much about her. JMHO.

Funny you should mention the thick skin @makeover, but Rachel brought up the fact that she had one and it was left in the edit for Nick's season. I always wonder about the little things like that that they leave in. They always take the strengths a person has and use it against them. It made me wonder just how much they were going to test Rachel's thick skin. What better way than with some racist? Sad that I am so jaded by tptb that I actually expected that.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 am

For those who are knowledgeable about american football and basketball, this pic was at Rachel's birthday party last year. Is that Kevin durant in the top left and Robert Griffin III(rg3) in the top right?. If so she knows some really famous people and is very low key about it.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 10 Screen10

https://www.instagram.com/therachlindsay/
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:05 am

Yasss! Except top right looks like Andre 3000 of Outcast.

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:15 am

@Topazgold, you are so right! I looked at it again and that is Andre 3000 of Outcast because of the mole on his face. So cool!
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:23 am

@Dessler great finds! 

As you said she seems to know few well known people but is so low key about it one of the many reasons I love Rachel! All MO

Last edited by Topazgold on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 am

coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:It's actually highly offensive to me that racism is being lumped in with TPTB usual shenanigans. Idc what unReal did, racism crosses a line. It's not the same thing as casting whaboom and blake E. So Rachel's season is different IMO.

If you are referring to my post, I don't see where I lumped racism with TPTB shenanigans. I stated clearly multiple times how disgusted I was that they went there. However, anyone who watched UnReal knew it was a possibility coz that is exactly what happened.

I feel every single person who goes on this show should binge-watch UnReal before they sign the contract. TPTB are not your friends and don't give a crap about anyone IMO. In that sense, no one is really different and while this might be crossing a line for most of the viewing audience, it is business as usual for TPTB IMO. This is a new low for TPTB IMO but give them a few more seasons and I am sure they'll find a way to go lower than this for ratings.

All JMO

^ This.
When you sign a contract and it specifies that it has the right to possibly humiliate you, something is not right. Walk away. IMO
Watching this show reminds me of the scene in Game of Thrones when Cersei walks through the streets and the crowd yells shame. It's cringeworthy. Who needs that?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

+77
Aria
MVMom39forever
kraft33
stuckinsc
Nibbles22
sfrank
Bookworm85
Stacia620
Miyala
Rolly
alwaystulips