SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Until Rachel posts a picture with Nick and an orange emoji or something else mocking his looks, I don't think the two even compare when it comes to being petty and mean, IMO. Not to mention that Nick said "I'm grateful Andi didn't pick me and I'm *really* grateful Kaitlyn didn't pick me" on Ryan Seacrest, with everyone laughing in response. That was shade, IMO, but I didn't have a problem with it because he was being honest. Rachel was just responding to Kelly with some playful banter and, honestly, there's no reason for her to lie and pretend to wallowing over nick or be forced to be grateful to Nick. She's shown gratitude towards the producers and showrunners, who are the ones that deserve it. All, IMO.

Back to top Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Dare2b... Mon May 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I like Rachel and have defended her in the past when some people took her comments too seriously IMO e.g. when she said his loss. But with that said, I'd agree that this was definitely not the most gracious way to respond to that. She's proven herself to be quite comfortable navigating interviews so she should have done better in this case.

However, I still don't think that this one little gaffe means she's arrogant and full of herself, and all the other stuff that has been said about her. We've all said and done things that in hindsight we shouldn't have done so I'm willing to give her a pass on this, and also since I don't know her personally will continue to base my opinion on what the people who've met her continue to say, and I'm not just talking about the clique or whatever they call themselves.

I also don't think that Nick's comments about Andi or Kaitlyn were all that bad. Compared to Rachel's comment, his was quite benign and made perfect sense considering the treatment he received from both. And I'm also indifferent to Nick so not a case of supporting him because I'm a fan.

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon May 22, 2017 1:47 pm

But those mature thoughtful girls are not her squad. Anyway, I hope Nick is not mentioned multiple times in her season because I don't want to make who's better who's an upgrade comparison. Everyone is unique. I don't know if her spoiled f1 Peter is better than Nick but I like to think he's a better choice, a better fit for Rachel.
All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Looks like its going to be a long season in here. I am just looking forward to watchng the show unfold.
I do know that we cant all choose th right words, and say the right things that everyone will find agreeable all the time. Thats all. iMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 1:49 pm

IMO if a woman moves on to someone who wants her and the same things she wants in life how is that not an upgrade?. "Sloppy seconds" and "I've moved on to better" is not the same thing!!! She is basically giving a shout out to her current man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 1:51 pm

@see2love Yes it seems like it is going to a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng season. I pledge to bite my tongue ever so often, and let the water run off this duck back and move on to enjoying the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Mon May 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Is it because this is happening on tv? Be honest ladies, this is what we do and say in real life after an heartbreak and a new guy comes along. We've had those convos with our friends...at least, I know I have, so no stones will be coming from this end. Nope.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 22, 2017 1:54 pm

@A1day1
If you are asking me, I referenced Alexis and Raven as being mean girls in an earlier post and they have their own individual threads in the forum for reference. Smiley
Enjoy catching up!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm

@A1day1 Welcome1 to the board. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Back to top Go down

Post by BachelorBabe512 Mon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm

I agree that Rachel could've chosen a different way to respond to Kelly's question. But I don't think it means she's arrogant or ungrateful. She has spoken so highly of Nick in the past and of how grateful she is for the experience and opportunity afforded to her. The fact that she can befriend just about anyone, no matter if they are similar to her or not, speaks to how well rounded and personable she is. Rachel and I have a lot of mutual friends from our days at UT and then, they had wonderful things to say about her and they say those same things now, specifically how kind and humble she is.

She's a human being. I'm sure there's a comment I've said in the past that wasn't my finest moment, but in no way does it reflect my whole person. All JMO.

BachelorBabe512

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Mon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm

A1day1 wrote:I have a question: why are Raven, Rachel, and alexis seen as the mean girls? Isn't Vanessa the one that would be "friends" with the girls, then proceed to talk bad about them to nick? Just wondering! I'm pretty neutral when it comes to this whole experience, but I thought it was just friendly banter. IMO

Well for one thing, regarding the current discussion, people are making judgments based on things they have seen, read and heard those women say. Vanessa's supposed sins were all hearsay from Reality Steve and vague references by one or two of the women on the season while others said she was perfectly sweet and nice. In other words, Vanessa herself has done and said nothing directly objectionable and I'm sure when and if she does, there will be many comments about it. And two, why is Vanessa even being dragged into this? Or are we not capable of discussing one woman's actions whether good or bad without dragging another woman into it to pit one against the other?

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:01 pm

@julychild exactly!!! Much ado about nothing! This is normal just because she happens to be on tv does not mean she is not human. She is also probably tired of the Nick reference IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1