SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamgap - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by MiracleSeason Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:12 am

I hope I don't sound elitist but I think that Rachel being a lawyer and a federal judge's daughter deserves better than a guy with only an associate's degree. JMHO
MiracleSeason
MiracleSeason

Female Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

teamgap - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:16 am

@MiracleSeason If I had to choose between a guy who makes me happy without a degree and a guy who with a PhD who leaves me unsatisfied, I would gladly date the guy without the degree. If you're in love, what does it matter? Peter doesn't have a 4 year degree. Bryan, who has a DOC, has been sued for insurance fraud. Dean has a criminal (albeit for a minor infraction) record and a 4 year degree. She seemed to have enjoyed her time with them. All said is JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:43 am

@MiracleSeason Rachel was not forced to choose anyone in particular. Whether she chose Peter or Bryan, she chose the best man for her, apparently the type of man that she felt she deserved.....and of course, jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:40 am

@gramercypark10 thank you for breaking down why those teas are bad news. No health professional should be promoting those things for weight loss or detox over the freaking internet.

@MiracleSeason if Rachel really cared about that kind of thing we would have likely seen a lawyer or an actual medical doctor among her top 4. And to take it a step further, a lawyer and the daughter of a federal judge chose to twice appear on a cheesy, sometimes sleazy, reality TV show where she had little control over the type of men that would be assembled for her. Again, I don't get the impression that degrees and job titles are any of sort of deal breaker for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:52 am

MiracleSeason wrote:I hope I don't sound elitist but I think that Rachel being a lawyer and a federal judge's daughter deserves better than a guy with only an associate's degree. JMHO

I would hope she's not shallow like that. From the looks of it she isn't since Eric, Peter, and Bryan were her top 3. None are exceptionally qualified individuals to the T,imo. Rachel can surely take care of herself so the men's education is not her biggest thing, IMO. It's a plus but I wouldn't say it means everything to Rachel. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:39 am

It'll be interesting what they would say if someone calls them with an injury...I imagine they would have a series of questions they ask and then they would most likely refer whatever may be over their head to a trained physical therapist? I imagine they might have a relationship with some offices they can refer ppl too? Is that too naive to say? IMO it really seems like there isn't an incentive to mess with people's bodies beyond what one is qualified to do esp when those people have been injured. I imagine when your business is built on credibility and you're dealing with something as personal as someone's body and health, you have clear lines that you don't cross...

all jmo
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:03 pm

MiracleSeason wrote:I hope I don't sound elitist but I think that Rachel being a lawyer and a federal judge's daughter deserves better than a guy with only an associate's degree. JMHO

This brought back memories of Brad's first season with Bettina, laugh out loud  Daddy didn't think Brad wasn't good enough for her because he was just a bar owner.   Albeit,  very successful bar owner.  Just because you don't have a degree doesn't mean you can't be successful in a career.

Back to top Go down

Post by gramercypark10 Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:19 pm

emusha wrote:It'll be interesting what they would say if someone calls them with an injury...I imagine they would have a series of questions they ask and then they would most likely refer whatever may be over their head to a trained physical therapist? I imagine they might have a relationship with some offices they can refer ppl too? Is that too naive to say? IMO it really seems like there isn't an incentive to mess with people's bodies beyond what one is qualified to do esp when those people have been injured. I imagine when your business is built on credibility and you're dealing with something as personal as someone's body and health, you have clear lines that you don't cross...

all jmo

No its not naive to say, as he doesnt mention physio as a service in the website. He just states it as a passion which could mean he is still studying IMO. There is a clear difference between providing it as a service and having a passion for it IMO. As for him being a personal trainer, and not something more elitist, we just need to look at Sam Wood from the AUS bachelor and his success. He's doing pretty darn well as a personal trainer IMO and many thought he was on the show just to boost his business and become famous. His fiance he met on the bachelor by the way has a degree in molecular genetics. Love is Love at the end of the day regardless of your job as long as your successful at what you do IMO.

gramercypark10

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm excited to see her HTD and what her family thinks of her options. They strike me as blunt and honest, TV cameras be d@mned laugh out loud.

teamgap - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:35 pm

This was discussed ad nauseam in another thread (sorry mods - can't remember which one!). My comment to this is millennials are different - they aren't as judgmental on race, religion, education, social status as my generation (boomer). Millennials are all about finding a good fit. I have no idea how Rachel or her family feels but I've had lots of friends whose children made what would have been considered 'alternative choices' in my generation and things have worked out well. I find it refreshing!
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5420

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:39 pm

bleuberry wrote:I'm excited to see her HTD and what her family thinks of her options. They strike me as blunt and honest, TV cameras be d@mned laugh out loud.

I wish I could remember the interview but there was one where she more or less said that they started out nice but got progressively tougher with each guy. I'm curious to know how production decided to schedule the guys' filming order and what order they'll actually show them in the episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Kashathediva wrote:ITA about red flags and representing yourself carefully.
source
From Peter's own site WORTH:
Peter has developed a wealth of knowledge in the world of health and fitness through his education, travels and years of experience.
education=2 yr associate degree at Madison Tech College. Experience 7 yrs. Travel appear to be centered around the California and Madison areas according to his greatest achievement list.
Madisons "Biggest Loser" Trainer 2010.
Fitness Manager of the Year 2011.
Top 10 Trainer in Chicago, "TimeOut" Magazine 2012.
Celebrity Trainer, Los Angeles, CA 2013/2014
Trainer to Watch, Equinox W Hollywood 2014.
Three time Ironman Wisconsin Finisher
Three top Three finishes in Sprint and Olympic Distance Triathlons
He claims
his passion lies in weight loss and injury rehab.
yet where does he indicate any training in any of these areas? Where are those credentials that he is qualified for this?
So I guess the tail wags both ways for the F1 and F2.
No one is lily white. No one. IMO

I can't see the controversy in what is listed on his job description. Shows he has marketing savvy and I assume with any niche job markets you need to stand out. It might not be up to certain folks' standards but he does have education, he does have experience, and knowledge from his travels as reflected in his PT experience in different major fitness markets like LA and Chicago.

As for passion for rehab, it might be derived from when he had a broken foot/toe he mentioned and yet he still competed in Iron Mans with that condition. All JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+75
Marginwalker
MiracleSeason
composer53
nd4reality
MVMom39forever
Lawkid
clhouse
Mia_Leoni
Just Looking
Loulou
gramercypark10