SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 58 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WellsForBachelor - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:40 am

Sprite wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:snipped...

In fact, I'd say that Luke had more Bach alum support (pre-BIP) for Bachelor lead than I have seen with Bach alum from past seasons for Peter post-show. It's actually very interesting to me just how many of the Bach alums from past seasons don't want Peter for Bachelor and instead want someone else :yes:
I think a lot of alum are a** kissers and want to continue to be invited to the party.
IA . Which is why it makes it's most telling to me that most of them support someone other than Peter for bachelor. To me that shows me more where Bach Alums opinions seem to push for the TPTB and what they want WellsForBachelor - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 58 4256136633

So far:
1) Recent Bette: Rachel engaged on ATFR imo was used as the mouthpiece for TPTB to say "NO" to Peter for Bachelor.
2) Recent TV married couple: Evan & Carly who were the BIP darlings so far and a "success" with a TV wedding also saying "NO" to Peter for Bachelor in interviews.

I think all that is TPTB's mouthpiece pushing their narrative for the engagement endings on their show and why the past alums not endorsing Peter. It doesn't matter to me if I think the premise is unrealistic, that's just how I see what TPTB have done and what they want and won't entertain someone who doesn't fit that script as People mag stated (who is the most official for this show).

It's no different to me than Becca/F2 who was painted and said she wasn't ready for an engagement (Becca herself tweeted that Peter was just like her). I fully believe that TPTB don't want a lead who implies in any way that they aren't ready to be engaged, no matter how popular the contestant.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

WellsForBachelor - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:45 am

@Ladybug82 This was the post:

SafronSahara wrote:Wells is not sexy to me at all. He's the guy I had a crush on at 17, not as an adult woman.

I'm curious who the women who are currently auditioning, are telling the casting team and producers?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15496

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:46 am

albean99 wrote:@Ladybug82 This was the post:

SafronSahara wrote:Wells is not sexy to me at all. He's the guy I had a crush on at 17, not as an adult woman.

I'm curious who the women who are currently auditioning, are telling the casting team and producers?

@albean99. yes two different posts then.

ETA: I was refering to one GA had made, but I'm not going back to find it at this point. Doesn't matter since we're discussing two different posts and subjects and too buried.

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:48 am

I don't think they care what alum like Evan or Rachel want. They were willing to make half her season about him and overshadow her engagement by setting up Peter's storyline at her expense finale night. Kinda funny how it all blew up in their faces laugh out loud. Seems they're scrambling now and not happy about it. IMO.

WellsForBachelor - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Em27 Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:51 am

Amethyst wrote:I'll believe that Peter doesn't want to be the Bachelor when he SAYS that he doesn't want to be the Bachelor. It wouldn't be difficult. One tweet should cover it. *crickets*
I thought about that as well. Figured people would just accuse him of saving face because he was rejected for the role and people were accusing of him of playing the lawyer bachelorette to be the Bach. IMO
Frankly I dont think there's anything he do right so he should just live his life imo.
Side note:
I have a hard time believing the producers didn't want him though. Mills just said the fans dictate who the lead will be and his fan base is huge. .simple yet very effective formula but idk if Kraus will budge for them.

Em27

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:04 am

Imo TPTB make it not about the lead/F1 and overshadow the lead/F1 so that's nothing new imo from what they do on this show. To me that's not indicative of being a lead when they do that. If TPTB don't care about alum what want then I don't think they care what SM fans want either, no matter what they say I think TPTB will always do what TPTB want. One thing I will say, is imo recently there is more of a pattern of the lead being someone that overall alum want/support than what SM fans want  WellsForBachelor - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 58 4256136633  

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

bleuberry wrote:I don't think they care what alum like Evan or Rachel want. They were willing to make half her season about him and overshadow her engagement by setting up Peter's storyline at her expense finale night. Kinda funny how it all blew up in their faces laugh out loud. Seems they're scrambling now and not happy about it. IMO.

It is super funny! They pull all their eggs in the Peter basket, IMO, making this whole season about Peter and even sending their only potential back-up choice to BIP (where he, of course, acted the way everyone expected a 26-y/o guy to act!). And now what? They try to convince people that the guy who has been screwing around with Kristina and DLo (and, btw, doesn't ever use soap!) is suddenly ready for marriage? They try to get people emotionally invested in Wells? They change Ben Z's edit so he's not quite as boring? They finally give Arie what he's always wanted? It's just hilarious to me to see these big-time network execs and showrunners scrambling and trying (horribly, IMO) to convince people this is their choice! That they don't want the next-level gorgeous, beloved F2 with an incredible following of fans who are emotionally invested in him! Nope, nope, they can't possibly market that! The Bachelor is probably going to be even more terrible than usual, given the awful default choices the show has to decide among, but I'm kind of enjoying the drama right now. All, IMO!

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:06 am

My two cents. I think MF saying Peter wouldn't be a good bc he can't commit in 8 weeks just gets Peter fans all riled up---we love him bc of that. I think TPTB know that, gets people talking, pushes buttons, creates a buzz. I wouldn't be so sure they don't want him and have either signed him or it is in process.

Rachel saying Peter wouldn't be a good fit for the lead sounded like sour grapes. Doesn't matter if it was or not, to Peter fans (me) she sounded bitter and angry (yeah yeah angry is a "strong" word). Looking at how the season ended the very last thing she wants is for Peter to be the next lead. I don't care what she or Evan think. JMO.

Last edited by Rolly on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 am

Well, they have to do something to keep the buzz going, the fans talking and the excitement building. The actual announcement is still a ways away.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 am

It's all well with me if Peter rejected TPTB or TPTB rejected Peter, as long as that means he's not the next Bachelor. cheeky It's a win-win IMO.

Initially I thought I could enjoy a Peter season for the snark, but then I realised there would be plenty of snark with Dean as the Bachelor as well. And if I had to pick who I would rather look at for the whole season, Dean all the way. Peter only looks good in still pictures. With audio and video, he's boring and unattractive to me.

The truth about what went down is probably a mixture of what People reported and what RS said. My guess, negotiations between Peter and TPTB went sour and they couldn't come to an agreement. I doubt it's so cut and dry as one party rejecting the other out right.

JMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am

@Aria I agree! Totally hilarious and I'm enjoying it too! laugh out loud

WellsForBachelor - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 am

Aria wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I don't think they care what alum like Evan or Rachel want. They were willing to make half her season about him and overshadow her engagement by setting up Peter's storyline at her expense finale night. Kinda funny how it all blew up in their faces laugh out loud. Seems they're scrambling now and not happy about it. IMO.

It is super funny! They pull all their eggs in the Peter basket, IMO, making this whole season about Peter and even sending their only potential back-up choice to BIP (where he, of course, acted the way everyone expected a 26-y/o guy to act!). And now what? They try to convince people that the guy who has been screwing around with Kristina and DLo (and, btw, doesn't ever use soap!) is suddenly ready for marriage? They try to get people emotionally invested in Wells? They change Ben Z's edit so he's not quite as boring? They finally give Arie what he's always wanted? It's just hilarious to me to see these big-time network execs and showrunners scrambling and trying (horribly, IMO) to convince people this is their choice! That they don't want the next-level gorgeous, beloved F2 with an incredible following of fans who are emotionally invested in him! Nope, nope, they can't possibly market that! The Bachelor is probably going to be even more terrible than usual, given the awful default choices the show has to decide among, but I'm kind of enjoying the drama right now. All, IMO!  

:yes: :yes: :yes:
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05