SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 72 of 77 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm

ReneeM wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Sorry but I see nothing sexist about keeping the guys who are the ones who are actually the least performers and experience over the female dancers who have tons more experience going in IMO.

The sexism comes from accepting mediocrity from the Men but having obscenely high standards for the women IMO. As exhibited by the difference between the girls dance and the guys dance and they got the same scores even though IMO technically the girls were superior by FAR, it wasn't even close. & it's not just the judges, it's viewers too IMO. If you don't see it, I don't know what to tell you because it's clear as day to me. All JMO.

As a woman I am quite aware that I live in a sexist world. No one needs to tell me what to see or not see. I live it.

However, when it comes to this TV show, I could argue that it's sexist that they have women who are FAR superior than men from the getgo and put them against men who are not nearly as experienced or skilled.

So I'm not buying the sexist argument because if I do, then it's sexist IMO that it was not an even playing field from the getgo.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Muslady Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm

I think they had Simone go first so they can justify the low scores for the folks they want to leave. Heather was always going early she never connected with anyone but Max.

Nick really needs votes to tonight in order to stay with Bonner 2 pts ahead.

Nancy may be in more trouble than I think. She has always been a graceful skater/dancer but when she has to do sexy she is a bit awkward and from here on out she is going to need some of the sexy in order to stay in. I'm not sure she has it in her. She will be the next woman to go for sure.

Rashad will be in the finals if not the winner, if only because he will the be one improving each week. JMO
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Heather was super boring and not having a recent fan base definitely hurt her IMO. Can we just FF to finals with Normani, Rashad, and Simone already?! laugh out loud

Also is it me or does Simone sometimes look salty after certain people do well  handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 1f440

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Sprite wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
ReneeM wrote:The guys get to be mediocre but if their shirts are off, they'll get good scores. The girls have to work so much harder. It's bullsh*t that ANY of them could potentially leave tonight. All JMO.

Let me quote myself. Listen to their BS comments. F*ck these judges and this show tbh. The sexism is so real. JMO.

Dancers vs. non. Sorry, but the women were totally underwhelming.

Not shocked Erin.

Agreed. It's not like the guys got particularly high scores even, the women just didn't live up to the expectations. Nancy was as stiff as a board and it just didn't come across like much of a team effort to me. The guys had a better vibe and they performed the hell out of that routine considering they aren't performers. Even though I feel sorry for Heather, I'm glad the men are outlasting some of the ringers. I don't want an all female ringer finale.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Bye Heather!

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Truth be told (and I know we all want the truth) Nick is getting all of my votes and I know he is not the best dancer. He's the one I want to stay in because he is trying hard, improving every week and he's not a professional dancer. I can guarantee David is not getting fan votes because of his dancing skills   lolpanda and I love David.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 pm

bleuberry wrote:Heather was super boring and not having a recent fan base definitely hurt her IMO. Can we just FF to finals with Normani, Rashad, and Simone already?! laugh out loud

Also is it me or does Simone sometimes look salty after certain people do well  handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 1f440

She does! I remember after one of Normani's dances she had a stink face and harmos lit her azz up on twitter and started calling her rugrat. But Normani just did an interview with billboard saying Simone's become her closest friend on the show and she hopes their friendship can continue after it's over. Maybe she just has RBF? no idea

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:23 pm

I am not surprised at all that Heather went home. While I do believe heather didn't have the fan base, I also believe that the judges totally want to ensure that any votes or airtime Heather would have gotten would go to their real ringers -- Normani and Simone.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Muslady wrote:I think they had Simone go first so they can justify the low scores for the folks they want to leave.  Heather was always going early she never connected with anyone but Max.  

Nancy may be in more trouble than I think.  She has always been a graceful skater/dancer but when she has to do  sexy she is a bit awkward and from here on out she is going to need some of the sexy in order to stay in.  I'm not sure she has it in her.  She will be the next woman to go for sure.

Rashad will be in the finals if not the winner, if only because he will the be one improving each week. JMO
If Bonner stays longer than Nick this thing is totally rigged. JMO. handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 2498057887
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 pm

Nick is saying all the right things. I think the judges know they don't need to help him bc he has the votes to stay. As much as I love him, the jive looked a bit awkward; however the team dance was awesome.

Nancy is too whiny, Simone is fine, but I'm getting tired of the giggles, Normani is a ringer.... The guys have them all beat with personality. I'm not a Cubs fan, but I really like David. I hope Nick outlasts Bonner and Nancy.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
As a woman I am quite aware that I live in a sexist world. No one needs to tell me what to see or not see. I live it.

However, when it comes to this TV show, I could argue that it's sexist that they have women who are FAR superior than men from the getgo and put them against men who are not nearly as experienced or skilled.

So I'm not buying the sexist argument because if I do, then it's sexist IMO that it was not an even playing field from the getgo.

They have to have equal parts men/women on the show and they cast the highest profile people they can get.  It just happens that more often than not the females they get, gymnasts/singers/figure skaters have some type of dance experience and the guys they can get usually don't. Male gymnasts and figure skaters aren't as high profile as their female counterparts. If Amy Schumer, Jennifer Lawrence, & Kendall Jenner (people with 0 dance experience) would agree to be on, they would be IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Rolly wrote:
Muslady wrote:I think they had Simone go first so they can justify the low scores for the folks they want to leave.  Heather was always going early she never connected with anyone but Max.  

Nancy may be in more trouble than I think.  She has always been a graceful skater/dancer but when she has to do  sexy she is a bit awkward and from here on out she is going to need some of the sexy in order to stay in.  I'm not sure she has it in her.  She will be the next woman to go for sure.

If Bonner stays longer than Nick this thing is totally rigged. JMO. handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 72 2498057887

ITA. Bonner barely moves and gets higher scores than Nick? Please. Rolling Eyes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 77 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1