SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 54 of 77 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 65 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by lipsis Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:55 pm

I think there are a lot of different levels of performing. If performing is singing, dancing, acting in front of an audience is all you consider performing then, no, Nick is not a performer. Neither would be Bonner, Rashad, or David.

To me, performing is being in front of an audience doing those things, doing interviews (much of which requires painting/spinning things in a different light), making public appearances and doing/saying things on a taped TV show as requested by production that you might not normally do/say.

That's how I see it anyway.

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Samuel10handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Samuel10 handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Family10handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Samuel15handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm

@lipsis, I understand where you're coming from, but I still think professional athletes are more 'used to' performing before an audience than Nick. just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 pm

The athletes don't bother me as much because while they are used to being in front of a crowd and performing under pressure, it is different than dancing. The ones that start bugging me more are sports like skating and gymnastics where you learn choreography to music so that is again a little different than playing football or baseball or being a race car driver because you do have experience with dancing. What really gets my knickers in a knot is someone like Heather who is a dancer. Nicole Sherzinger was another one. If you are in a band where you are learning choreography all the time, where you learn to perform to music, I don't care if it's not ballroom...althought there was someone there whose name now escapes me who was in a ballroom dancing movie...how can someone who doesn't have that type of experience compete? It's gotten totally ridiculous and its the reason I don't really watch the show regularly any more.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:07 pm

With a show called Dancing with the Stars, I'd expect that more often than not you'd see stars with some experience performing. It's not like you're plucking people from cubicles across America. Although, that would make for the "purest" kind of dance competition, where regular people start from the very bottom.

But I digress. I think there are differences in performing experience, and there's no way a few E! interviews and being in a "reality" TV show is anywhere near the kind of performance expected from someone who has practiced a choreographed dance to be performed live on stage to thousands of people. "Performance experience" kind of becomes an irrelevant term if you're fitting everything under this giant umbrella. JMO.

FTR, I don't think judges should go easier on Nick because he isn't a dancer and he's never trained to perform (whether gymnastics or figure skating). I do think the judges shouldn't be going easier on other contestants who share a similar lack of dance training.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Dancing with the Stars should be Stars with no dancing experience IMO. If you have a handful that are used to choreography then they should all be at the same level. IMO it's not a fair playing field.

There was a show in Canada called Battle of the Blades. It was professional female figure skaters paired up with NHL hockey players, on figure skates. None of those NHL's were ever on figure skates. They were all the same, no one person had an advantage over another. They practised all week and did their routine live. NHL'ers doing lifts and all the fancy move that go with figure skating. That IMO is the way it should be.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:08 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Dancing with the Stars should be Stars with no dancing experience IMO. If you have a handful that are used to choreography then they should all be at the same level. IMO it's not a fair playing field.

IA! You know the show has jumped the shark when a joke is going around on SM this week about how Heather must be teaching her pros Maks/Alan Jazz since she has more experience doing Jazz than them. laugh out loud laugh out loud

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:21 am

The problem with having only contestants with no dance experience is that it doesn't make for good TV. I don't think I'd want to watch 12 Chris Kattan's.

On the other hand, I don't think celebs with the amount of dance experience as the RROAR should be on either. I'm fine somewhere in the middle.

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Samuel10handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Samuel10 handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Family10handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Samuel15handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:29 am

lipsis wrote:The problem with having only contestants with no dance experience is that it doesn't make for good TV. I don't think I'd want to watch 12 Chris Kattan's.

On the other hand, I don't think celebs with the amount of dance experience as the RROAR should be on either. I'm fine somewhere in the middle.

Exactly. As I said, I don't mind some experience, but not Heather levels either. This season in particular is stacked with experienced dancers in one way or another. Normadi, Heather, Nancy, Simone, Erica. How is a Bonner or Nick to compete with that?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Maybe this is the season they've gone too far and some will speak up.

Chris Kattan Slams 'Dancing With the Stars': Contestants Should Have No Dance Experience
Chris Kattan has a bone to pick with Dancing With the Stars. The Saturday Night Live alum, who was the first sent home on season 24 earlier this year, called out the ABC show for selecting celebrities with dance experience to compete.

"Simone Biles and Charo and I are three different people going into the show. I'm not as good of a dancer as Charo [and] we have our different moves, but we can't move like Simone Biles," Kattan, 46, told Entertainment Tonight. (Glee alum Heather Morris, a former backup dancer for Beyoncé, is also on this season.)

The Bunnicula star, more specifically, doesn't like that more experienced contestants are judged on the same criteria as those who are brand new to the ballroom. To fix the issue, he thinks that DWTS should either cast those with "no dancing experience" or "acknowledge the fact that this person doesn't have experience and this person does. And give them the benefit of the doubt."

Kattan, who broke his neck 14 years ago, was partnered with Witney Carson during his recent stint. Late last month, he was sent packing after he received a 17 out of 40 score for his Cha Cha performance. The pair danced to Haddaway's "What Is Love," a nod to his starring role in the 1998 comedy A Night at the Roxbury.

Dancing With the Stars airs on ABC Mondays at 8 p.m. ET.
usmagazine.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I don't think I would want to practice my azz off knowing full well it was a totally wasted, foolish effort. Add in the factor, you can badly injure yourself...uh uhhhh. Nope.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Next week is my favorite one of the season. Disney Week!!! Here's the song list and dances that will be performed.

https://d23.com/find-out-which-disney-songs-will-come-to-life-on-dancing-with-the-stars-disney-night/?share_token=33ecc07932

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:23 pm

This past Monday was my favorite. I always enjoy the theme of most memorable life event. It gives us a chance to see more of what made each 'star' the person they are today and I love that. I do agree that this year's cast has far too many ringers. While I enjoy seeing Nancy aglow in her 'new found' dancing skills, I am routing for Rashad and Emma this season. And please, don't get me started on the real housewife or the glee alum.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 77 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 65 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1