SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 52 of 77 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Mr T went home last night.

Back to top Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Thank you. I don't watch the show, but kind of keep track of this season thru you all. Thanks again. Nick was not in final 3 was he?
Suggestion--during week he is in final 3 and really needs those votes if several members post such, those of us that don't follow might read the new post threads and vote.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:19 am

I just watched the final dancers in last night's episode ... Rashad and Simone were both wonderful, but my favorite was Rashad - he was absolutely amazing! The choreography was unbelievable and I'd love to see Emma and Rashad win! Second choice would be Simone or Nancy. All of these three performances brought tears to my eyes.

I'm still thrilled that Nick improved this week - seeing Nick and Peta include Vanessa in their performance was just perfect! I hope he can stay around for a couple more weeks, but if not, at least he's had this wonderful opportunity to try something so different.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:42 am

Kashathediva wrote:Thank you. I don't watch the show, but kind of keep track of this season thru you all. Thanks again. Nick was not in final 3 was he?
Suggestion--during week he is in final 3 and really needs those votes if several members post such, those of us that don't follow might read the new post threads and vote.

Nick was great last night, but the judges want him out and they are killing him with their scores. Nick is going to need every vote possible just to make it every week.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 am

bleuberry wrote:Holy moly Rashad and Emma were absolutely beautiful. Brought me to tears. I think he may be the dark horse, wouldn't mind him coming out from under and winning over the ringer girls.

Yes! I was wiping tears from my eyes shortly after and that rarely happens to me.! Would be nice to see Emma finally win! Smiley

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 1f49c

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 8367-910 handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 I_got_13 handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 E5kqdm15 handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 am

I'm so curious: Do the judges not like him personally? Or do they resent having someone from the bach in general? Are reality stars beneath their dignity? Does anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 am

BKay wrote:I'm so curious: Do the judges not like him personally? Or do they resent having someone from the bach in general? Are reality stars beneath their dignity? Does anyone know?

I would like to know also. It is glaringly obvious that they don't either can't stand him personally or think him being TB is beneath their show! I really feel sorry for Nick, having to face them knowing how much they don't want him there. I am SO HAPPY that he seems to be getting so much support from Peta and Max and Vanessa and his family and friends. I am SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE JUDGES! I used to love this show and now, unless someone I really like is on, I don't watch it at all. Once Nick is gone, my Mondays are free again.
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:11 am

This is my opinion. The last several seasons it is quite obvious who their favourites are. They will low ball scores for those who are undeserving and beef up scores for others while praising how wonderful they are when in fact they were worse than others. If a contestant is receiving mega votes, and that's not the person they want to advance, they will low ball their scores and they have harsh comments for them, convincing the viewers they aren't that good. I can't tell you how many times I called the F3 after seeing the bio's or after the first epi. So obvious.

There have been endless contestants who had zero rhythm and advanced past week 6 or 7. It's political, it's favouritism, and IMO it's a waste of time to watch. Take David from Chicago Cubs, I think he's a sweetheart, but he can't dance, IMO plain and simple, not to the level he should be on that dance floor. He got higher scores than Nick. Bonner, is not a dancer, it's obvious to me, he got pretty good scores. Mr T, was praised for his grace and elegance, he pretty much walked around. Carrie Ann mentioned she won't dock Nick for doing a lift with Vanessa, when in fact, in an interview Nick said they asked permission if they could include Vanessa and her part, which was a lift. CA had to throw that in there. How do we know how many votes everyone is getting? In an Italian singing contest, they had an electronic board, showing the votes coming in fast and furious.

If a contestant who has good fan support is suddenly eliminated, they enforce the importance of voting, which IMO is a crock of pooh. Derrek Hough was their golden boy. Getting the most perfectly match partner IMO had nothing to do with luck, when you have pro drancer's like Tony who most often was paired with the older 70 yr olds.

Derek Hough is the only pro dancer on "Dancing with the Stars" that has won the coveted mirror ball trophy a record six times! One of the most popular pros on the series, Hough always seems to have luck when it comes to getting the most perfectly matched partners
http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/76977/20151205/dancing-with-the-stars-derek-hough-6-best-mirror-ball-winning-partners-video.htm

I think Nick is getting a lot of votes, and he's just not in their top 6 favourite people because there are others before him, like ringers, those who have dance experience, which is another thing that ticks me off. It used to be contestants with no dance experience and it was very enjoyable to watch how they improved each week.

Off my soap box, it was better the last couple of years when I didn't care because it's as scripted as any other reality tv show. deadhorse

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:12 pm

The main reason I have never been a fan of this show is the totally ridiculous format. IMO I always expected the contestants to be on the caliber of someone like Nick, basically the non dancer, learning a new dance weekly and competing.
When I see a professional athlete on the show or someone that's had past dance experience in their life/livilhood it turns me off. It's not an even playing field. Add to that the squeakiest wheel can get limitless votes depending on how many devices you can vote on and it becomes a bit of a joke, imo.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 pm

I really don't think his fans need to worry about Nick. I don't see him doing worse placement-wise than Sean or Chris. Sean left in 6th and Chris left in 5th. No matter how good or bad Nick dances, depending on your point of view, Bachelor Nation will keep him in. Trust me, I'd love to be wrong on this because I'd be more than thrilled to see him go away but I don't think I am.

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Samuel10handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Samuel10 handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Family10handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Samuel15handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Thank you for discussing this. I guess it's hard for a reality show, whether it's DWTS or the bach, to not become formulaic after a while. Ratings, which sells advertising, begins to drive the entire focus. imo. But it's sad that they can't trust the original premise of the program and fight to keep it 'real.'

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:16 pm

I don't think there's a thing new under the sun. They've had ringers and pro athletes since at least season 2, Drew Lachey and Jerry Rice, and season 3, Emmitt Smith and Mario Lopez (trained child dancer) who each finished 1 and 2 in their seasons.

Season 4 winner and runner up were Apolo Anton Ohno and Joey Fatone, athlete and boy band dancer.

The show is the same as it ever was IMO. It doesn't bother me. I just watch for entertaining choreography and don't really care about the scores.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 77 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1