SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 43 of 77 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by coolangel Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:32 pm

mindless wrote:Yes, it goes without saying that the eliminated couple has the lowest combined total, which is why it stuck out to me that they spelled it out. Made me think the other couple, as in Nick and Peta, had no business being in jeopardy really except that it perhaps made the most sense based on their performance last week.

Yeah! They still say that every weak, God knows why! dizzy

I was honestly scared of what Charo would do on hearing she is eliminated. But she handled it well - It was only 'Bruno I'll see you in the parking lot' laugh out loud laugh out loud

JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

handgate - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by pikake Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Nancy was superb tonight! Loved their dance!

David and Lindsay with the Magic Mike routine was hilarious - maybe not the best example of "dancing", but a fun performance and kudos to David for feeling free enough to pull it off!

Even though Charo drives me crazy, her wedding dance tonight was quite sweet. I'm glad though that she has now gone, as she demanded way too much attention.

I loved Heather's dance - she looked beautiful - congrats to Alan because he's doing well subbing for Maks.

I don't understand the judges - they gush over some of the couples who aren't even doing that well!

I hope Nick can stick around - he definitely improved tonight in spite of his low scores.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 am

The judges have always had their favorites and frequently over-score them. On the other hand, they "had it in" for Maks at one time and really raked him over the coals. JMHO

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:53 am

Came across this on my twitter feed which we probably knew but I found it interesting to see it all laid out in comparison.

Buddytv.com

Is 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 the Same as Season 16?

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

If you're getting a strange sense of deja vu while watching Dancing with the Stars season 24, there's a good reason for it. In many ways, the cast perfectly resembles that of season 16, and it's entirely possible that it could serve as a blueprint for what's to come.

DWTS is no stranger to casting certain types for every season, but when you compare season 16 to season 24, a lot of similarities emerge. Here's a side-by-side look at how the 12 stars from both seasons match up.

-Olympic Figure Skater: Dorothy Hamill and Nancy Kerrigan
-Olympic Gymnast: Alexandra Raisman and Simone Biles
-Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star: Lisa Vanderpump and Erika Jayne
-Bachelor: Sean Lowe and Nick Viall
-FOX Reality Singing Star: American Idol's Kellie Pickler and The X Factor's Normani Kordei
-NFL Player: Jacoby Jones and Rashad Jennings
-Actress Who Danced on Her Previous Show: Shake It Up's Zendaya and Glee's Heather Morris
-Two Comedians: Andy Dick/D.L. Hughley and Chris Kattan/Charo
-'80s Icon: Wynonna Judd and Mr. T
-Athlete from an Individual Sport: Victor Ortiz and Bonner Bolton
-Guy in His 40s: Ingo Rademacher and David Ross

I'll admit the last few are a stretch, but it's almost scary how much it lines up. Adding to this comparison, in both of these seasons, Peta Murgatroyd was paired with The Bachelor and Gleb Savchenko was paired with the Beverly Hills Housewife.

Obviously the similarities aren't precise. On season 16, the figure skater Dorothy Hamill was the first one out, only because she had to withdraw due to an injury. Meanwhile, Nancy Kerrigan is looking good and may last a very long time.

But will the results end up the same for others? In season 16, Lisa Vanderpump finished in 10th place and Sean Lowe made it to sixth place, setting expectations for Erika and Nick. If that holds up, Erika will be going home this week.

It also seems more than likely that the two finales could feature the exact same archetypes. In season 16, Kellie Pickler won against Zendaya, Jacoby and Alexandra. If the pattern holds and history repeats itself, then Normani will win against Heather, Rashad and Simone. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that turns out to be the actual Final 4 this season.

The larger point may be that Dancing with the Stars needs to revamp it's casting. When the show starts repeating itself and bringing in carbon copies of past contestants, the formula is getting stale. We need something new and different, something exciting, and if season 24 ends the same way that season 16 did, the point will be even more obvious.

Dancing with the Stars airs Mondays at 8/7c on ABC.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 am

Very interesting article GA ... can't wait to see how the rest of this season unfolds to see the similarities!

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Tomorrow's songs...

Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Viennese Waltz – “Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin
Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Foxtrot – “Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé
Erika Jayne & Gleb Savchenko – Cha Cha – “Express Yourself” by Madonna
Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Contemporary – “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry
Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Foxtrot – “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Rumba – “Impossible” by Shontelle
Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Cha Cha – “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
Mr. T & Kym Herjavec – Waltz – “Amazing Grace” by Ray Chew Live
David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Viennese Waltz – “Forever Young” by Youth Group
Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Rumba – “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran

I knew Nick was dancing to an Ed Sheeran song. I was hoping it was "Perfect". That really would have been the perfect song, for a dance dedicated to Vanessa.
"My Wish" makes me cry every time.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Does anyone know where Nick is in the dance order tonight?

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:26 pm

nick is 2nd after Normani

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:47 pm

@Zaynab, thanks so much.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I agreed with Len on Normani's dance. Yes, she danced quite beautifully but where was the rumba?

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Can someone keep us updated with everyones scores? thanks Smiley
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:18 pm

This is gonna be good.  
I love it. Hope he gets a good mark.

Get to voting please.

Last edited by reason on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 77 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1