SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 57 of 71 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 64 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 Empty Re: Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by emusha Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts seabear! - what did you experience when you saw nick in person? if you wouldn't mind sharing where relevant to give some context for your flipped opinion of him

I've had an inkling that he was becoming more and more self-absorbed and seeking attention since he started throwing shade more often and since some comments came out about what people were thinking about him in milwakee about his love for the limelight. This incidence with Ashley I is the first clear and concrete thing I could point to to back that inking up.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 Empty Re: Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Being the devil's advocate: I would venture to say 99% of the cast that want to keep their name out there, fit that description.
I think I could go right down the line with any past cast from this show that desire staying in the public eye and say that.
Very few move on post show into their own life, given the free choice and given that the show does not call them back or a sponsor not desiring their brand.
That's why when someone like Carl comes back to BIP, no one knows who they are!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 pm

I agree. I would venture to say that Nick current behavior and approach fits the 99%  fame-seeker's behavior when they're trying to stay relevant. that's exactly how I see him as completely differently from Andi's season episode 1 Nick. His behavior has changed a lot and the LA/fame life has played a big role. IMO
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:35 pm

@happygolucky @bluwavz @emusha - I agree with you guys re. Nick and the whole AI/Jared/Caila debacle. It doesn't sit well with me that he keeps praising AI's "authenticity" without addressing how her treatment of Caila is unacceptable. All he's really said is that she's a bit "much" but is a good friend who is "authentic". The way he discussed the whole "authentic" and not just "saying what sounds good" thing sounded like veiled shade against Caila - the one being bullied (let's call a spade a spade - AI's words & actions against Caila on the show & post show SM attacks, especially that sl*t-shaming song reference tweet which she has since deleted...all this = bullying.)

Amanda, Emily & Haley - I side eye them for being two faced bitches, pretending to still be Caila's friends after filming but turning on her as episodes aired. Carly has always had a mean girl streak, especially towards pretty, sunny girls (see Britt), so I'm not surprised that she has jumped in. I don't care what Josh chimes in with and I doubt he would go against Amanda. So Nick is the one I'm most disappointed in here.

I've been a Nick fan since Andi's season. I enjoy him on BIP and like that he's shown as the voice of reason on the show. I just wish he could be one off the show, too. He ragged on Robby and Jordan (hell, JoJo's entire F6) for being "inauthentic" and "saying what sounds good" (on Afterbuzz & the Juliet podcast), but I think he himself may be guilty of going along with the herd/groupthink to avoid "looking bad" to them as well (btw I don't agree with his opinion on Jo's F6 & I actually really like Jordan. but that's another story).

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:37 pm

What bothers me about some is that they think they are actual stars, and almost think after doing the show a few times, they are better than the show and are more worthy of higher up things in the industry, like they should be handed actual jobs in the industry without working for them because they are a reality star. Not sure if this applies to Nick.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Seabear wrote:As someone who was an ardent fan of Nick and after some personal experiences and seeing Nick in person (LA/OC) has become Not a Fan. IMO Nick is trying desperately to make a career in the Entertainment world. He cannot be separated from looking at his phone 24/7 to check his "likes." He is very close friends with AshleyI and and they hang out together a lot. They both have similar career aspirations and are willing puppets for the Franchise. The difference between them is Nick is smarter and savvier at how he throws shade. He does it sublty as the "voice of reason' while AshelyI is an unedited psycho b*t*h. Either of them calling or intimating that Caila is Fake...is the height of hypocrisy and lack of self awareness. Phony is as phony does. My sincerest wish is to never see these two desperate Fame seekers on my TV again. dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 1f600  dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 2600  dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 1f31e  
JMO

I remain a Nick fan.
The thing is that everyone who appears on any show does so knowing that it's a show. Each viewer owns their own reaction and builds there own interpretation not only of events that occur but a construct of who each "character" is. Then IMO, it's done. I know who I think Nick is but also realize that enjoying tv Nick and SM Nick is just a pleasurable distraction from the grind of my daily life. He owes me nothing beyond that; I have no further expectation. He satisfies my need. I'm sufficiently quenched.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 pm

@Seabear , thanks for sharing your in-person observations and subsequent thoughts Smiley
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Nick and I have difference of opinion of what's real and fake, authentic and not, in people. I don't expect him to take a grand stand against bullying, I doubt he even thinks any bullying is happening. Nick was fed up with AI drama, but he's not going to trash her in public. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Yeah I agree Nick really knows how to throw shade in a very savvy manner you swear it is actually a compliment. 

Sometime I can't help but chuckle at the hypocrisy of some of the past cast members. I mean Nick liking Sarah's recent tweet about how gross all of Jojo's guys love themselves on sm is one classic example of pot calling kettle black. I mean he is one to talk with all his shirtless selfies.....

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 1f49b  dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:00 pm

His IG profile reads: "I judge myself for the selfies" giggling

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:20 pm

I don't see how Nick keeps praising Ashley nor do I see how Nick should lambast Ashley just to support Caila (that's Jared's job).

I don't care for Ashley but at no time do I think Nick should be faulted because of stuff to do with Caila/Ashley/Jared. That's Jared and Caila stuff and Nick already gave his opinion on Ashley and Jared stuff and let her know she needs to move on.

I just don't get why "sides" have to be taken at all by Nick or why he has to speak up or why Nick needs to be part of the whole Caila/Jared thing and if Nick is fake then so is the rest of them, imo, Caila included, for all being on TV when they don't need to be.

Imo, the Caila/Jared/Ashley stuff is immature on ALL their parts. It's highschool stuff for all of them and I just fast forward through it all because I don't buy any of it from any of them. I hope Nick doesn't bother giving any of it his attention as they all chose to be on BIP themselves and their mess is theirs to clean up not his.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:00 pm

My opinion of Nick changed when he used a charity for self promotion and made false promises in the quest of soliciting donations. I was beyond annoyed because I have run a non profit for years and this is an absolute No No in my opinion. After that Fact....I removed Nick from the pedestal I had put him on and took off my rose colored glasses.
A few months later I was at an event for hours as was Nick. I was not impressed. Nick IMO comes across as insecure and desperate for attention. LA has a way of changing people and for those seeking attention it is not a change for the better...IMO.
I will say all this is my opinion based on my personal experience. I will also say I have lots of experience with the LA entertainment world. In general terms without specifics.....this is what changed my TV perception of Nick to my RL perception of Nick.
JMO dreamjob - Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 57 1f600
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 71 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 64 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+82
suzq
Mommyof2
Litta123
Seabear
Nonina430