SELECT CONTENT

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 23 of 54 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 38 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mexico - Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 23 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:37 pm

"Haha exactly!!! I'm an idiot."

I get her tweet now. Makes sense :yes:

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

mexico - Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 23 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Yah I'm with you GA, no way I could of ever done it myself, I had an overnight business trip when my child was 1 yr old and he was with my hubby and I still cried my eyes out... My driver asked if he should pull over on the way to the airport! IMO the intention behind her tweet was to say that there are plenty of moms who spend time apart from their kids without the same criticism... Suppose it's a fair point to say moms who choose to work (who don't need the money or whatever) from when their kids are 6 weeks old onwards and the kids spend 40 hours a week in daycare for the first 5 years have less time with their mom than Amanda's kids after this experience... All this to say, she probably made it worse with her comment esp for moms who have to work and it kills them to leave their babies but Mom judgement is the worst and it was IMO a quick fire emotional reaction, without thinking through how people might take it.

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:19 pm

A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. I don't say this in a mean way. I  get Bad Moms movie. 
But it's not always an even playing field. Life is not fair. 
I don't begrudge Amanda taking some vacay this year and making some $ doing it. However, let's not pretend it's anything close to work and sacrifice. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AmoreBella Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 pm

https://instagram.com/p/BIbAOw3APd9/

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 am

I guess I don't know what to say here... I go away with my husband for an anniversary trip every year so I guess I'm a bad mom too. In fact I don't even get paid. I enjoy my time away AND I enjoy being a mom.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:04 am

casjacknick wrote:I guess I don't know what to say here... I go away with my husband for an anniversary trip every year so I guess I'm a bad mom too. In fact I don't even get paid. I enjoy my time away AND I enjoy being a mom.

OT -- No, you are not a bad mom. I've been a "mom" for 48 years and have always found that getting away alone or with DH is necessary for the marriage and one's sanity. Yes kids have separation anxiety but eventually that goes away when they realize you will always come back.
Don't put yourself down. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:00 am

Does Amanda have a job?
Or did she ever really work?

I think she has some twisted interpretation about work and motherhood, due to her emptiness and inexperienced in life. Not that she cannot be a good mother, but I think she doesn't quite figure out what life is like herself too.

All my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:02 am

how would she know what it is like,to work 9 to 5 or 9 to 9 laugh out loud with small kids. she has no yardstick. No she hasn't had a full time job so how can she compare ?
I don't care what she did, leaving 2 kids for so long to go on TV. she has the support from family and friends so good for her.
But please don't talk about stuff you have no experience with.
Jmo.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 am

I don't think comparing Amanda on a tv show is comparable to moms and their husbands going on vacation, single moms trying dating apps, and moms working 40 hours a week. Amanda is on the trashiest show on tv right now, so trashy the camera caught Josh nakey in bed, and aired it to the whole country. Amanda is looking for a "husband/father" in a 2 1/2 week time span, which most of the time is unrealistic as heck. So on and so forth. So no, it's not even in the same planet. Amanda is better off actually believing BIP was "work", since she got paid, and can use the excuse of getting that money for her kids, which I'm sure isn't even an excuse...it's true.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:32 am

Fact is... It's a legit way to make money if you are smart about it... I don't begrudge people who get paid to have fun.  IMO we are reading WAY more into that tweet then she meant, she was responding to those who are not fans about time spent away from her kids.

She worked as an esthetician...which is a 9-5 job that presumably those who are not fans don't have a problem with but if you do the math she is actially spending more time with her kids if she can go the SM promo route.  She has joint custody with her ex who presumably was with the kids, not a daycare...so in divorce it's not uncommon to be without a parent for extended periods IMO.

Bottom line, IMO she was not making any comparison to whether her means of making money was was any more worthwhile in this world than anyone else's means of making money.  Some of the highest paid "work" is sports and entertainment... guys punching eachother get paid more than those saving people's lives... (now that's ridiculous!)

Fact is, we are contributing by watching the trashy show, I am supporting by contributing to blogs which earn income through ads that further interest in the franchise so... That is why I don't feel I can complain about the business because I support the business through my actions!  All JMHO...I actually am neutral on Amanda for the record...

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:45 am

peggy0221 wrote:Does Amanda have a job?
Or did she ever really work?

I think she has some twisted interpretation about work and motherhood, due to her emptiness and inexperienced in life. Not that she cannot be a good mother, but I think she doesn't quite figure out what life is like herself too.

I agree. She's clearly very privileged and oblivious to it IMO. 

I love a kid free vacation as much as the next girl, but I'm not gonna boo hoo that it's so hard to leave my kids and sit on a beach sipping drinks for a week. If Amanda ever juggled kids and a full time job, she would've never used that example.

FTR, I don't think she's a bad mom or a bad person, just a little spoiled and out of touch.

Last edited by bleuberry on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

mexico - Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 23 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:54 am

Amanda DIDN'T really work as an Esthetician. When she was married to her husband, she was a stay at home mom. And then when they split up, she worked for her best friend Kathyrn's project, Arbonne. When she was working for Arbonne, that's what she was refering to when she said she was an Estheician on The Bachelor. And when she was working for Arbonne, it was a job with no set schedule. They had meetings at certain times and what not. Kind of like what Josh does with Advocare, I believe.

^ This was all my research while the bachelor was filming/airing.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 54 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 38 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+77
BlackHalo
siena
pavalygurl
MiaHawk
nan27