SELECT CONTENT

THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Empty Re: THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by moonchild Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:45 am

MiaHawk wrote:Speaking to the socioeconomic angle above...

I really don't know anything about Jojo other than what I saw on Ben's season HTD. Her father owns a construction/contracting company, right?  She works for him? Her parents' home was quite large and lavish, but people who own large companies in that business tend to live in showcase homes. Or am I wrong about that?

While Jojo may not have grown up wanting for anything, she doesn't strike me as materialistic, snobby, or overly concerned about wealth. Of course, money always plays some role in the tallying up of compatibilities.

We know Chase is in medical sales. I'd say he makes an average/good salary. Not rich but not poor.
We know Luke is a War Veteran. laugh out loud How much does that pay? Does he have a job?
We know Robby is a former competitive swimmer. laugh out loud How much does that pay? Does he have a job?
We know that Jordan is an ex pro football player. No longer. Does he have a job?
....seems like from what they've told us about these guys we cannot possibly know who has a good income. I guess you could say that Jordan has money via his brother, or from his couple of years in the pros. So, yeah, looks like Jordan probably has the biggest bank account.

Mia, JoJo's father is a doctor, GI and her mother is a PhD nurse practitioner. JoJo is a real estae developer (flips houses, I believe from last season). Maybe that is where you got the contracting company. She is very close with her family. I think her half brothers consider themselves entrepaneurs and supposedly have strong contacts in the Dallas area. I am sure Jordan made more than decent money while playing pro ball. It all depends on what he did with his money. I think he worked in some kind of sales position after leaving pro football. I dont know what he is doing now. Just because his brother has money doesnt mean that he does. I also dont know how close they are. It sounds like he struggled to keep up with his brother, but I dont know what that meant for their relationship. I dont know anything about his parents. Luke considers himself an entrepaneur, singer/songwriter. I think he lives in Nashville and has a band, that is why he was seen a lot with Evan and Wells and JT(Texas and music). I know nothing about his parents, but dont count out money for them. Hill Country real estate is some of the most valuable land in Texas. Its just a different way of life. But he didnt stay there. He appears to be religious and very close to his family. I dont know anything about Robby or Chase. But it does seem that any one of them could fit in with her family. I think the lifestyle of her and her siblings dont revolve around traditional nine to five jobs so those with non traditional jobs would probably fit in better. JMO

teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7775-1355590544-1_zps0fd77e73
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Empty Re: THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 am

^ Thanks for the info. I guess I know less than I even thought I did! teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 3806527698
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 am

^Interesting that Jordan might have a complex relationship with Aaron. Hmm. I guess that we won't see him on the HTD then.

You're right, moon, that Jordan's probably made some money on his own.

The money and jobs thing might need to be a "To-be-continued" for post-show. I need to start a list of things that I want answered once all is said and done!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 am

veg_out wrote:The Chase question mark ain't over til the smart lady sings! I can see Chase going out as F3 only to duke it out with Luke for the lead. Or I could also see him as her F1. I'm still anticipating that something big will happen in the next few weeks that might turn this thing on its head just based on the season preview pattern: Jo's preview mimics Ali and Des' season previews where the leads were devastated by their original F1. There's a chance that there's room for someone else.

So thinking back to Des' season, we had the Brooks spoiler and were getting hit over the head ad nauseum with how crazy Des was over him episode after episode. It was so easy to believe the spoiler. Where we noticed we may have been duped was the issue of no SCs of Brooks having a date in Antigua. 
This season is different in that Jordan seems to be reciprocating JoJo's feelings, unlike Brooks to Des. He has told JoJo that he is falling in love 3x (episode 4 he alluded he had told her, episode 5 during their date in Uruguay, and on the steps in Argentina in episode 7). He will again be telling JoJo he loves her in episode 7. It kind of feels like we are being knocked over the head again in a way. So if there is a spoiler out there that says Jordan is it, it would be very easy to believe it. And now after his 4x-admission, what then? When it's this far up, which way does it go from there? 

On another note, if she was so comfortable with Jordan's admissions, why did she need that validation from Chase about his feelings? She looked quite emotional so maybe some of her emotional currency was riding on it?

By all appearances, it looks like JoJo is crazy about Jordan and chasing him. And I do think Jordan was at the top of her list. But I don't think the gap between Jordan and the others is as big as TPTB want us to believe, imo.

When Jordan is in the limo, does it appear he is getting there kind of early? (The sun glint in the back near the window) (I admit I am not the best in analyzing SCs.)
teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Jordan13
(my own SC)

Still don't know what to make of this SC of JoJo walking on the beach alone, wearing her FRC dress during sunset: 
(I suppose it could be a red herring.)
teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Jojo212
(my own SC)
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:44 am

If I knew what years Jordan played I could work it out, but $375K per year would be a reasonable guess as a minimum. His agent may have negotiated more than that. The agent would have taken a cut. In rookie camp the guys get a lecture about how the average NFL career is ~4 years and to save/invest, not wildly spend their money. Some listen to that and take heed, some don't. If he was careful with his NFL earnings, he could have several hundred thousand dollars in investments or real estate, which is a very nice position for a youngish man to be in.

Medical sales can be extremely lucrative. Money-wise Chase may have the best prospects for future earnings, especially if he marries Jojo and ties into her parent's contacts in that field.

Last edited by Amethyst on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:42 am

agentcurls wrote:
veg_out wrote:The Chase question mark ain't over til the smart lady sings! I can see Chase going out as F3 only to duke it out with Luke for the lead. Or I could also see him as her F1. I'm still anticipating that something big will happen in the next few weeks that might turn this thing on its head just based on the season preview pattern: Jo's preview mimics Ali and Des' season previews where the leads were devastated by their original F1. There's a chance that there's room for someone else.

So thinking back to Des' season, we had the Brooks spoiler and were getting hit over the head ad nauseum with how crazy Des was over him episode after episode. It was so easy to believe the spoiler. Where we noticed we may have been duped was the issue of no SCs of Brooks having a date in Antigua. 
This season is different in that Jordan seems to be reciprocating JoJo's feelings, unlike Brooks to Des. He has told JoJo that he is falling in love 3x (episode 4 he alluded he had told her, episode 5 during their date in Uruguay, and on the steps in Argentina in episode 7). He will again be telling JoJo he loves her in episode 7. It kind of feels like we are being knocked over the head again in a way. So if there is a spoiler out there that says Jordan is it, it would be very easy to believe it. And now after his 4x-admission, what then? When it's this far up, which way does it go from there? 

On another note, if she was so comfortable with Jordan's admissions, why did she need that validation from Chase about his feelings? She looked quite emotional so maybe some of her emotional currency was riding on it?

By all appearances, it looks like JoJo is crazy about Jordan and chasing him. And I do think Jordan was at the top of her list. But I don't think the gap between Jordan and the others is as big as TPTB want us to believe, imo.

When Jordan is in the limo, does it appear he is getting there kind of early? (The sun glint in the back near the window) (I admit I am not the best in analyzing SCs.)
teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Jordan13
(my own SC)

Still don't know what to make of this SC of JoJo walking on the beach alone, wearing her FRC dress during sunset: 
(I suppose it could be a red herring.)
teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Jojo212
(my own SC)

Agent, I am the worst in the world at this stuff. But I will try to look at it.
Do we know the name of this beach? If so, we could determine if the sun is in the west. It could also be sunrise, but it sure looks like a sunset with the amount of shadows compared to the amount of sun in the FRC previews. If it is, then I would have to say something is definitely up. She normally would be with her F1 if she let Jordan go at F2 or if she let go F2 and Jordan is F1. They would be in that spot for the money shot.

teamchase - THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 78 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7775-1355590544-1_zps0fd77e73
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:50 am

It could be that she just rejected her F2 and is waiting for her F1 in the beach shot. She's somewhat trashing the bottom of her dress, but she wouldn't be the first.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:59 am

Thanks Amethyst and moonchild. 
Agent, great post! I might be getting confused again....  I was so sure I had figured out F1 because I thought that I was thinking like tptb would, which is different, or so I thought, than I have the other years when they fooled me. Don't judge -> Ben, Kaitlyn, Chris, Andi Embarassed Also, I've been trying to mainly concentrate on how/what JoJo's thinking. 
Since we have an extra week until Ep 7, I may rewatch just all of Jo's and Jordan's parts.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:02 am

Amethyst wrote:It could be that she just rejected her F2 and is waiting for her F1 in the beach shot. She's somewhat trashing the bottom of her dress, but she wouldn't be the first.

The F1 is usually brought in before this. They need the lighting for the proposal.

moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:08 am

^ Really??
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 am

Amethyst wrote:If I knew what years Jordan played I could work it out, but $375K per year would be a reasonable guess as a minimum. His agent may have negotiated more than that. The agent would have taken a cut. In rookie camp the guys get a lecture about how the average NFL career is ~4 years and to save/invest, not wildly spend their money. Some listen to that and take heed, some don't. If he was careful with his NFL earnings, he could have several hundred thousand dollars in investments or real estate, which is a very nice position for a youngish man to be in.

Medical sales can be extremely lucrative. Money-wise Chase may have the best prospects for future earnings, especially if he marries Jojo and ties into her parent's contacts in that field.

Jordan was drafted by Jacksonville in 2013, but cut during training camp. He was then picked up by Tampa and was on the practice squad in 2013. He was cut in February of 2014 and went to some Miami mini-camps but was cut like a month later (according to Wikipedia; FYI, I didn't see any spoilers, but I was careful to only look at the NFL stuff).

Below that it said that he signed with some Canadian team, but then quit to perform in a Las Vegas production of Damn Yankees, which made me laugh laugh out loud. I didn't read any more for fear of spoilers.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:27 am

kimberlyg wrote:
Amethyst wrote:If I knew what years Jordan played I could work it out, but $375K per year would be a reasonable guess as a minimum. His agent may have negotiated more than that. The agent would have taken a cut. In rookie camp the guys get a lecture about how the average NFL career is ~4 years and to save/invest, not wildly spend their money. Some listen to that and take heed, some don't. If he was careful with his NFL earnings, he could have several hundred thousand dollars in investments or real estate, which is a very nice position for a youngish man to be in.

Jordan was drafted by Jacksonville in 2013, but cut during training camp.  He was then picked up by Tampa and was on the practice squad in 2013.  He was cut in February of 2014 and went to some Miami mini-camps but was cut like a month later (according to Wikipedia; FYI, I didn't see any spoilers, but I was careful to only look at the NFL stuff).

Below that it said that he signed with some Canadian team, but then quit to perform in a Las Vegas production of Damn Yankees, which made me laugh laugh out loud.  I didn't read any more for fear of spoilers.

Okay, he would have earned a minimum of $405K for that one NFL season. His agent may have negotiated more than that. The agent would have taken 3% bringing it down to $393K. Federal taxes would have taken a third of that to $259K. Figure about 5% for state taxes, and you have $246K. So if he lived frugally that season, he might have walked away with $200K (or more, if his agent negotiated a better salary.) So figure that he *could* have banked maybe $200-$300K.  Whatever he earned from the CFL would have just covered his living expenses. No idea what he would have earned in Las Vegas! laugh out loud

Thanks for looking up that information. I didn't dare!

ETA -- a couple of online sources estimate his total net worth at $1.5 million, which I don't find unreasonable. I used online sources to check the net worth of another celebrity in the past, where I did have a pretty good idea of the numbers, and the sources were reasonably accurate.

Last edited by Amethyst on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

+32
Ayana
pavalygurl
rc49ers
2observe
Luvstruck
Mommyof2
Junequilts
stuckinsc
locoforbach
MVMom39forever
aviej