SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 69 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jannerforever - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Maddy Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Carly and Evan: I actually feel sorry for Evan. I do believe there are many shoes out there for each foot. Carly is disgusting. No point in trying to be funny or witty.
I also feel sorry for Evan and Carly is disgusting. If you don't like somebody there is no reason to make them wrong for who they are. If they are not right for you just leave them alone, don't humiliate them on the National TV...no no
Every time Carly makes somebody wrong for her own problems...no
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

jannerforever - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:05 pm

For me Evan is a nice guy. Effeminate but nice. and quite funny.

I am super curious about how she turned. If it is about the money ( if she suddenly lesrned that he's well off) then I hope the cameras catch that.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:23 am

mindless wrote:I think it's most likely the upcoming rose ceremony where the men do the picking that's providing Carly with clarity. She thought she could play the field, no one wanted her and suddenly Evan's looking attractive again (for the first time). How they end up engaged is yet to be explained though, unless Carly's just that desperate to max out her minutes on screen.

Well, in the next RC, the women are doing the picking, and Carly picks Evan over Christian and the other guy whose name neither CH nor I can remember.  Maybe it was out of pity for Evan, but she could have gone with one of the other two and tried to make some sort of reciprocal deal with them if she really didn't want Evan around.  I don't know, I just can't hate on her (guess I'm the only one) because it seems so obvious to me that it all stems from her insecurity in this crowd where all the other women are super attractive and she's just a plain Jane by comparison who none of the guys are interested in (except the one guy that she doesn't want).  Maybe because I personally relate to her plight when I was her age.  Oh, well.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:29 am

ironcat wrote:
mindless wrote:I think it's most likely the upcoming rose ceremony where the men do the picking that's providing Carly with clarity. She thought she could play the field, no one wanted her and suddenly Evan's looking attractive again (for the first time). How they end up engaged is yet to be explained though, unless Carly's just that desperate to max out her minutes on screen.

Well, in the next RC, the women are doing the picking, and Carly picks Evan over Christian and the other guy whose name neither CH nor I can remember.  Maybe it was out of pity for Evan, but she could have gone with one of the other two and tried to make some sort of reciprocal deal with them if she really didn't want Evan around.  I don't know, I just can't hate on her (guess I'm the only one) because it seems so obvious to me that it all stems from her insecurity in this crowd where all the other women are super attractive and she's just a plain Jane by comparison who none of the guys are interested in (except the one guy that she doesn't want).  Maybe because I personally relate to her plight when I was her age.  Oh, well.

I'm thinking it's a little bit of both. As a strategy, it works in Carly's favor to keep passing the rose to Evan who she thinks at this stage is most likely to reciprocate than the others regardless of her true feelings.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:14 pm

In my opinion Carly is like her big bro Zak was on Des season both inexperienced and awkward when it comes to love. My goodness, Zak bought Des a ring like on the 4th week to give to her on his hometown date. I don't think she has had but one long term boyfriend and is still talking about how he came out of the closet gay. Remember during Chris S. season she said her boyfriend didn't touch her so she never felt loved ...understandably she still has insecurities over that. To top that off Kirk dumping her blindly at the end on last BIP, he did lead her on in my opinion so he could stay in Paradise for the money. He admitted when dumping her he knew at least a whole week before they would never have any future but he waited to tell her at the end of filming. I don't think Kirk is a bad guy he was just doing what others have done. He allowed Carly to dream of a future by dragging it out. Especially since her best friend Jade was in love with Tanner talking to her about her love life. I re-watched the scene of him dumping her and even Tanner had a Personal snippet saying Kirk did Carly wrong. I can see she is worrying Evan may be too feminine as she mentioned her brothers told her to watch out for feminine guys. I am cutting her some slack and am interested in seeing how the tide turns enough for Evan for him to win her over to actually be engaged at the end of this. He seems to be a nice guy who is just as awkward as she is so maybe they will be good together. I can see it working since they both live in close proximity in Nashville so their lifestyles could mesh. The guys on Jo's season all seemed to like Evan (maybe not Chad but all others). I think it is sweet he was seeing fireworks and had butterflies when kissing Carly, reminds me of Zak in that sense, easy to fall.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Yea, Carly doesn't have any other guy to give the rose to, since neither Christian or Brandon chose to take her on a date. So basically the only guy left is Evan. Carly should have just gone home IMO, since she told Evan she wasn't interested. Them being engaged is so fake to me.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by amyisrunning Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:48 pm

I don't often have much to add to the rushing conversation here, but:

Unpopular opinion, but I haven't written Carly and Evan off just yet. When I met my husband, I was completely not attracted to him. He had this awful wiry goatee that just made me associate his appearance with that of a rat. However, charm, kindness, and time can do funny things, and it didn't hurt that without me having ever mentioned it, when I finally agreed on a date he showed up having finally shaved it off. Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary and we have 3 wonderful children, and now his face is my favorite.

Through my own lens, I see her initial comments about her revulsion as potentially less dooming than Grant and Lace's volatility, and possibly also Josh's giant ego combined with Amanda's dormouse nature. Carly is a girl with a big mouth who speaks too soon, and she doesn't fit the Barbie mold that most of the other girls do. Evan doesn't fit the Ken mold either. All JMO.

amyisrunning

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:59 pm

@amyisrunning Good post!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by amyisrunning Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks - I guess I see them both as trying very hard to be something they are not, or to fit in where they just don't quite, and if they decide to be themselves they may have quite a bit in common after all.

Or maybe they are after the instagram $$. What do I know. laugh out loud

amyisrunning

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:15 pm

amyisrunning wrote:I don't often have much to add to the rushing conversation here, but:

Unpopular opinion, but I haven't written Carly and Evan off just yet. When I met my husband, I was completely not attracted to him. He had this awful wiry goatee that just made me associate his appearance with that of a rat. However, charm, kindness, and time can do funny things, and it didn't hurt that without me having ever mentioned it, when I finally agreed on a date he showed up having finally shaved it off. Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary and we have 3 wonderful children, and now his face is my favorite.

Through my own lens, I see her initial comments about her revulsion as potentially less dooming than Grant and Lace's volatility, and possibly also Josh's giant ego combined with Amanda's dormouse nature. Carly is a girl with a big mouth who speaks too soon, and she doesn't fit the Barbie mold that most of the other girls do. Evan doesn't fit the Ken mold either. All JMO.
IA. In some ways this reminds me of the similarities in Carly's response to Evan to those of Jamie and Doug (MAFS S1). That's how I saw Carly's response in light of the sleuthed/spoiled info that they may be engaged. It makes me wonder if the trajectory of the edit will be where Carly has a lightbulb moment regarding Evan? Now it may be all fake but I do think there's a possibility that these two may establish something real. Will see.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by amyisrunning Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
amyisrunning wrote:I don't often have much to add to the rushing conversation here, but:

IA. In some ways this reminds me of the similarities in Carly's response to Evan to those of Jamie and Doug (MAFS S1). That's how I saw Carly's response in light of the sleuthed/spoiled info that they may be engaged. It makes me wonder if the trajectory of the edit will be where Carly has a lightbulb moment regarding Evan? Now it may be all fake but I do think there's a possibility that these two may establish something real. Will see.

That's a good point. I didn't think about Doug/Jamie, but there are a lot of similarities there, I agree, both in personalities and in relationship dynamics.

I might also suggest a far less polished similarity to Des/Chris, where Des wanted Brooks so badly and eventually woke up to see that someone else loved her better all along.

amyisrunning

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:37 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

Its funny because I still find Evan repulsive but I do find his and Carly's storyline the most interesting when you know how it ends because I want to see how they get "there" and I agree I actually think of the 3 couples this one might have the best chance largely because they live in the same city
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
amyisrunning
rc49ers
rhondam
Beagle
Duke702
Luvstruck
bleuberry
megaa
iamreal2u
grace8136
notarose