SELECT CONTENT

Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

Page 25 of 53 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fingerscrossed - Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Page 25 Empty Re: Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... there were some comparisons done with the Chris Soules' season ... where he picked the F1 girl Whitney, although many (including myself) saw that he was attracted to F2 girl Becca ... the truth of that season was ... that F2 girl wasn't that into him.
There are many other reasons that could have played in that final decision of his, but the bottom line was that she wasn't all in for him.

Do I see that scenario here? - No. I actually see Olena very much into Richie, but like she said "overwhelmed" in this particular situation. I'm expecting to see more and some changes in the next episodes ... most importantly after the meeting with her family, since like natik explained better, there are some cultural reasons why she might be this "closed off".

Also there are many differences between her and the F2 from CS's season. Including timing of the arrival, time of the dates and her own attitude towards the lead, when she's with him. She doesn't have a problem or doubts about the future with him ... she just doesn't know where he stands with other women around him.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

fingerscrossed - Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Page 25 Empty Re: Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Thanks for your insight [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It came across as she wasn't that into him. Perhaps it seems that way since the other women are so in your face with their emotions.

But here is hoping that Richie makes the right choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by fabgirl Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Thanks happygolucky for your insight and others as well. Olena is probably not use to this type of setting of competing with other women and culturally it could be a draw back. I like seeing her going at her own pace. Richie from the clip just posted is still intrigued by her. I think it is not about time of catching up with others but rather knowing how they feel moving forward.I think once she sees how he interact with her family and she is in her element things can continue to blossom for them.
fabgirl
fabgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Ok I'm going to write more later and explain to you what Olena's
"problem" is with expressing her feelings. I'm in hurry right now but I just wanted to make you something know regarding HTD promo. The fact that Richie is boxing with Olena's father is a good sign. Ukrainian and Russian dad's are basically Alpha males. They don't like it or respect a guy if he is wishy washy. So boxing with her Dad is a sign that her Dad is willing to bond with Richie. It's not that he wants to kick his as it's the opposite, he approves.
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:19 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Based on Olena's edit (not her culture or her as a person) to me I just don't see it as F1 edit, especially for a "second chance at love" theme and instead her edit seems more like that of Lisa/F2/S2 or Sarah/F3/S3, imo.

Heather was my favorite last year and as much as I saw a(n) unrequited love story, her edit and what the lead was saying was about doubts (from first date Sam questioned with Heather) and questioning things and I see something similar with Richie as lead and having doubts about Olena (although the doubts are not friendzoned like with Heather) it seems more compatibility doubts, imo.
I don't see the "second chance at love" theme ... yes, he is a returnee, from SamFro season, the guy who got his heart broken ... the one who didn't open up early on and didn't catch up with the rest of the guys ... but the whole deal of last season isn't coming up so much during this season, like for example on Jojo's season it was constantly brought up about Ben and him saying ILY and not choosing her at the end ... Richie on the other hand isn't bringing his past experience to the front, it's mostly just to give a hand to the girls who don't know how to deal in this situation and support them, because he's been there.
If there is a theme I see ... is him searching for someone who can love him for him ... accept him ... like him ... fully.
That indeed could be a problem we are seeing with Olena ... is she capable? ... I don't know ... the edit sure seems to show that she is lacking ... but there are also other indications to me, that there's a turn.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] As always on point!yes
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:34 pm

happygolucky wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Based on Olena's edit (not her culture or her as a person) to me I just don't see it as F1 edit, especially for a "second chance at love" theme and instead her edit seems more like that of Lisa/F2/S2 or Sarah/F3/S3, imo.

Heather was my favorite last year and as much as I saw a(n) unrequited love story, her edit and what the lead was saying was about doubts (from first date Sam questioned with Heather) and questioning things and I see something similar with Richie as lead and having doubts about Olena (although the doubts are not friendzoned like with Heather) it seems more compatibility doubts, imo.
I don't see the "second chance at love" theme ... yes, he is a returnee, from SamFro season, the guy who got his heart broken ... the one who didn't open up early on and didn't catch up with the rest of the guys ... but the whole deal of last season isn't coming up so much during this season, like for example on Jojo's season it was constantly brought up about Ben and him saying ILY and not choosing her at the end ... Richie on the other hand isn't bringing his past experience to the front, it's mostly just to give a hand to the girls who don't know how to deal in this situation and support them, because he's been there.
If there is a theme I see ... is him searching for someone who can love him for him ... accept him ... like him ... fully.
That indeed could be a problem we are seeing with Olena ... is she capable? ... I don't know ... the edit sure seems to show that she is lacking ... but there are also other indications to me, that there's a turn.

The "second chance at love" theme I see is not in relation to last season or making it about last season but that Richie's second chance at love theme is he is all in and the girl he is with is all in too - so not a repeat of last time with one party not all in but both lead and F1 "all in" and thus second chance at love.

So my interpretation of "second chance at love" theme aligns with what you posted... someone who loves him fully and he can like and love fully too - so both all in 100% - and whether believed, realistic, etc, the edit showing "all in" on both sides for a second chance at love (in a way the "all in" is what S-Fro had on her season too towards the end with herself and her F1 - both being 100% all in).

I don't see that with Olena's edit, but the opposite, and neither one being all in. If anything it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back to me, and not a theme of "all in", imo. It could change yes, but I don't see it based on edit.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:47 pm

I see him being all in ... and questioning her ... what to do so that she gets "there". I don't see him doubting the compatibility between them.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:49 pm

happygolucky wrote:I see him being all in ... and questioning her ... what to do so that she gets "there". I don't see him doubting the compatibility between them.
I hear you, HGL. Even though seeing it differently this season still bestbud! blowkiss and wish Olena and Richie all the best whatever happens
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:56 pm

All about Love Hugesmile bestbud! ... I'm actually really surprised that  I got excited about this show again ... I'm really disliking TPTB so much that I wasn't in the mood to watch, even if I like Richie ... but it got to the point where I felt boredom and I watched it first with that same boredom, with no emotions regarding the "couple", didn't invest myself "in" the girls and their feelings and that helped that I'm staying cheerful ... whatever the outcome. But I'm surprisingly positive about this one. Look, if I miss this time again ... I will not watch Nick's season when it airs. Will just wait for the final result.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:13 pm

OK I have so many thoughts I don`t even know where to start.

First point: I read a view comments on FB and it´s unbelievable how many people are not capable to think out of their own box. Just for clarification. In our culture woman are not going to camping trips. Basically camping as a hobby is practically non existent in our culture. But if it happens than there are only a group of guys who are going out for hunting or fishing. It´s a guy thing and they never are bringing their girlfriends or wives with them.

Second point: It´s uncommon for ukraine and russian women to chase a guy. That is not a normal thing to do. We are always being taught by our parents and our grandparents that it`s on the guy to make the first steps. The first thing you hear as a woman from your family is that it`s a no go to be the first in declaring your love to a guy. It`s on him to say the first "I love you", it`s on him to ask you to marry him. It´s a very weird thing to do for a woman to ask the man if he wants to marry her. We still have those traditional gender related roles. That`s the reason why so many viewers are struggling with the Ukrainian and the Russian Bachelor shows because they don`t get it how 25 women are competing for one guy that is not that special actually. It´s an very exotic thing to witness on TV for them.

Third point: I really don`t get it why so many viewers misunderstand Olena. I think she explains her situation pretty good. She is 23 years old and inexperienced in terms of relationships. So basically it´s her first time that she is developing strong feelings for a man. And it does not help that she is stuck in a mansion full of women who also gushing about Richie and telling all the stories about their connections with him. It`s a toxic situation for her. I think she is someone who likes to keep control over things but this time she can`t. Because if you develop feelings you just can`t keep it under control or try to make them go away. And if feelings are involved then there are always insecurities that comes with it especially when you are on the show named Bachelor. So she is struggling with herself. The situation is intense she is overwhelmed by emotions and feelings and has no idea how to deal with it and what to do, how to handle it. She is confused and insecure. I think for her it`s the question „Can I risk to be heartbroken at the end of this because by the way things are going there are so many women who seems so confident in their connection with Richie“ and at the same time she can`t let go of him because it´s to late she likes him and she has feelings for him. It´s an inner conflict. I really can`t wait to see what`s gonna happen during the HTD. I think it´s going to be an break through for her. I can imagine that her parents are going to help her to process this all.

Fourth Point: I think Richie is sold on Olena. That`s it for him and he is pretty vocal about it. „I think about you all the time…“, „I was never interested in a girl ….“, „My heart skips a beat…“. All those things he said only to her. He doesn`t bother about the fact that she does not like camping and about all her another flaws because he is falling for her really hard. That`s the reason why he is wiling to give her time and have the patience to wait till she feels the same for him. Because if he would not care he would not bother to keep the patience with her. All the other women are more than willing to express their feelings for him but it´s Olena he always questioning in terms of her feelings to him. As he said he is more than willing to give every chance to make their relationship work.
All of this of course my IMO!
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]....you are da bomb diggity fingerscrossed - Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Page 25 1377737533 ....thanks for breaking down the cultural impact on how Olena is taking this journey. I won't watch the week's episodes till the weekend but based on recaps in this thread, I still see an F1 obstacle story arc for Olena & it sounds like it will be an interesting HTD. Just hope Papa Khamula does not punch Richie baby too hard in the boxing ring giggling

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 53 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

+42
Miyala
DTaylor91
dee
ThankMeLater
Amarylla