SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by Idlemess Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Ben had the opportunity to talk to the girls w/o a rose and he chose to give it to Amanda. Obviously he couldn't give it to Lauren because it would've been war laugh out loud. And Amanda got back to back roses. Imo this said a lot and a clear indication that Ben did not buy Leah's revelation but is probably resigned to the fact that TPTB will play it up

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 pm

limoncello wrote:I think that when you like or dislike a contestant, you will always find a reason to amplify or solidify it, regardless of what others say. although I personally disagree with some opinions in the thread, I'm aware that it is perfectly normal to have different perceptions. I think there's no point in convincing anybody, until one realizes it on his own. nobody can be liked by everybody and that's just how it is  Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 1f609

And that is valid for all contestants (see Caila thread for example!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:11 pm

I agree. We all have different opinions and thats what makes this board great is that we can all express them in peace (for the most part).

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:11 pm

sophienette wrote:
limoncello wrote:I think that when you like or dislike a contestant, you will always find a reason to amplify or solidify it, regardless of what others say. although I personally disagree with some opinions in the thread, I'm aware that it is perfectly normal to have different perceptions. I think there's no point in convincing anybody, until one realizes it on his own. nobody can be liked by everybody and that's just how it is  Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 1f609

And that is valid for all contestants (see Caila thread for example!)

definitely! that's why I said "a" contestant :yes:
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 pm

AmyB wrote:The editors don't like Lauren. The editors don't like anyone. They will throw anybody under the bus to make good television no matter how much production likes them or wants them to be the next lead. Just look at Britt's edit last year. And being F1 doesn't automatically grant you a good edit - Nikki, Courtney, Vienna are all examples of that. If Lauren was actually fake or not likable, we would've seen it. Her edit last episode would've shown her to be manipulative and would've created a narrative that implied Ben might choose a "villain". We would've seen girls sitting and having a "Girl Chat" about Lauren being fake/catty/not caring, ect ect. The fact that instead we were shown Becca, Emily, and Amanda saying that Leah's claim was false shows that Lauren was well liked and seen as genuine by the other girls.

I really like how you reasoned here . True, I am an LB fan and I do hope we see a LauBen ending ! That's why I jumped out of lurkdom. I was getting so hooked and needed to talk about my feelings somewhere and in a Google search, found this board after reading for a few weeks. But, it's true, all seasons are a "manufactured" love story and not the true picture . There are so many people behind the scenes trying to put a show together. That being said, there is still an essence of a love story because the beginning found in this show has led to marriages albeit mostly what happens after the show but still , the spark from this show has carried over into their real life . I'm hoping it will be the same for LBen.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:11 pm

This is very well stated and I agree with you that amplification and/or solidification does happen but I do not believe it always happens; I think it is a choice the individual person posting makes. I've also wondered if differing points of view, especially opposing points of view, may only be perceived to be amplified to the reader because the opinions differ that much. I know I sometimes think, "do they really believe that?" when something stated is screamingly (to me) different then what I see.

As I see it, and hope others do too, is that not everyone is going to see or like any two leads/contestants the same way (thank goodness) but I for one, will never like or not like the person posting their opinion for that reason alone. 

I likely sound like a grump here but I really do LOVE love stories and have been rooting for one but I'm not the type of person to root for one just for the sake of one. I hope that made sense.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:17 pm

rhondam wrote:
...I really do LOVE love stories and have been rooting for one but I'm not the type of person to root for one just for the sake of one. I hope that made sense.

We got you, boo. hi I like the varying perspectives about each of the characters this season. **edited**

Last edited by veg_out on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Thank you. That's what I've always thought too. Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:09 am

I love differing opinions but it's unfair to say anyone is blinded by bias. I think we all see the situation differently, there isn't anything wrong with that.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 am

This happens every season y'all -- people see contestants differently, especially the ones in the spotlight or the frontrunners. It's always fascinating to hear and learn from how others see a situation we only have a very narrow glimpse into.

I've realized over the years watching this series that unless I meet these people myself all I see is always filtered through edits which at the bare minimum means it's not the full story of even ONE simple conversation -- we rarely ever (if at all) see the full conversation between people. Because of that I now watch for clues and what not but fully acknowledge my perspective about someone or a situation is coming from an extremely limited view into those people/situations.

my 2 cents.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 am

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 12729448_426334360905791_45607895_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE4MjgxNzcwNTk4MjExMTQzMw%3D%3D
higgins.ben I am very excited to show all of you my hometown of Warsaw, IN and @bakeryouthclub this next Monday night on @bachelorabc. Tune into @abcnetwork 8/7c! #TheBachelor

I've been waiting all season for this date so me too Ben, me too. giggling
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:37 am

And hence my signature...

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

+84
CarrieA
dyra
traveler90
Norcalgal
KBiegs88