SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 4 of 76 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Miyala Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:41 pm

I should have written that I`ve seen the date multiple times instead 9 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 4 1710264613

I do have a problem. During the Emily season I got so invested it made me mad. I do believe that happened to a lot of us. Since then I kept the show on a nice distance. Now I`m trying really hard not to let it happen again… Its hard this time. But believe me, 1000 times was only a number meaning lots and lots of times… And I`m not proud of it :headbanging

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

9 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by JBF Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Oh I know you were just kidding... as I am. Ha ha!
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:03 pm

:cutesmile!:

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:18 pm

JBF wrote:
sophienette wrote:Hi JBF!

I agree, we should NEVER stop sleuthing... either way! i.e. no-one should assume everything that is said in favour of Lauren as F1 is bias! (I am not saying you did!)  Sleuthing goes every way.

Certainly not on this thread since Miyala watched THE DateS 1000 times and not just Lauren's. However you did see where I was going with my post. We are ALL... well, maybe not YOU giggling ... guilty of getting too focus on one relationship over the others. I kinda miss the ol' pre-spoiler days when each of the top three contestants had a "fan" video uploaded. Now we only see them posted for the spoiled F1.

Well I had planned on that... Until I lost everything! Now working on recutting Ben bits from K's season and 3 episodes + Bach Live to date, and TBH I am only cutting details for B&L, and larger bits for everyone else, or I'll never have any video!
So if spoilers wrong, I'm hissyfit speechless

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Well... if there are any scraps of Jo-Jo, make one for her too since Jimmy Kimmel picked her.

If you run out of footage of Jo-Jo, then insert shots of this classic cartoon...

Last edited by JBF on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:39 pm

LOL Thanks JBF spitcoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:42 pm

I change the second video since the first one had some "potty" lyrics that could get me into trouble.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:56 am

I did not care for this episode. Ben Higgins reminded me of Ben Flajnik... constantly kissing everybody like he is eager to get the silly show over with.

Well... what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

This line was needlessly repeated: "Why are you nervous?" I think he asked this of three different women. My question: Why was Ben so unmotivated this week?

It amused me that he started his "journey" with the resident Bachelor Mansion Shrink... Jo-Jo. As we all know, she is the ladies'... and Ben's... "sounding board". Last week she listened to Caila and Jubilee. This week it was Ben and Olivia's turn... after the latter was fussing about Ben ignoring her. Yet Ben doesn't actually... talk... to Jo-Jo like the ladies do. He just does that Tongue Thang with her the moment their helicopter knocks over the champagne they are sipping. Of course, they had to make sure enough viewers, including Olivia, were watching from the hotel window. All the more reason why I have little confidence that Jimmy Kimmel's wish for Jo-Jo being Ben's final one will come true.

The evening with Jo-Jo was the date of all dates. She was the first of three ladies to have butterflies... Lauren Bee and Becca also had swallowed a few flying bugs as well. (Becca sports more of them fluttering about in her since she had them dating Chris last season.) Also her guard is down and Benny is happy to hear that because you-know-what-that-means. Yet she is still "scared to death" with Ben because her past relationship "with a person" (ooooh... how nebulous! At least it was a person and not a unicorn) was so disastrous. After so much "depth" in their conversation, there was plenty of tongue on display between the two and Benny Boy suddenly... *drink!*... does not want this date to end... and fireworks are especially huge as Olivia mumbles back at the bachelorettes' nest about not enjoying any fireworks herself.

Olivia started out with this classic nugget "I'm zen with Ben". Later she loses it with him.

I actually thought her striptease out of the cake in front of the live audience was rather cute. She had more clothes on than the other contestants. Her problem is that she over-analyzes everything to death. Her "melt-down" was all because Ben seemed "shocked" and didn't express as much "affection" with her as she assumes he has done every previous group date. Well... she is entitled to have a imagination.

Regarding all of the other ladies, Ben's mojo was on overdrive. "Caila is a... sex panther." Oh really?!? According to Lauren H., she got to date both Big Ben and Little Ben and Little Ben was way bigger than she expected. (She was presumably talking about a puppet he was playing with, but the editors were trying to imply something else apparently.)

Lauren Bee asks Ben directly why he likes her "out of all of these girls". Oh does he? You mean she's F1 and we can end this silly charade? Well... for now... she at least got the group date rose.

Becca's date had her at the altar with Benny... but they wound up marrying other couples instead of each other. Becca was pretty frightened of THAT prospect, unlike William Holman with Ashley Hebert (Rosenbaum) many years ago when they did a Vegas wedding. This prompts Ben to ask the three most important questions that have been asked since Galileo's time: "Can she love? Can she feel? Can she commit?" I guess Chris Soules also asked the same three questions before dumping her last season.

When always-hard-to-get-out-of-her-shell Becca whispers to Ben "thank you for choosing me for this date", he has the most peculiar expression on his face that I have seen so far. Gee, Benny... what is your mind now?!?

At least he seemed mildly interested in the twins (double the pleasure) on their "hometown" visit with Mom. He kept the one with the cast on her finger... Emily. I guess she was the introverted one. He likes 'em introverted. More "mystery".

Speaking of introverted, Jubilee was hidden much of this episode apart from playing a cello on amateur night and prominently seated next to Ben in the one group sit-down. She... finally... got a quickie scene with him at the pre-rose ceremony cocktails when he was building up her confidence... again.

The previews and Mister Harrison himself suggest that Jubilee will "crumble", much like Olivia almost did. Oh boy... here we go again. Will she leave the show and upset him as much as the opera singer did Juan Pablo? Or even worse... Big Ed with Jillie? Graham with Deanna? (Only she officially eliminated him.) I don't think a departure by her will be handled QUITE as loosely as Lace's, since one very important key shot was emphasized during the rose ceremony: When Olivia said during the rose ceremony that Ben is now asking of the ladies "Could you be my wife?", the camera stayed zoomed on Jubilee. Also she had a TON of face shots this episode when Ben was talking, too many for me to keep track of and document in my notes... but probably foreshadowing a lot of "stuff" despite the fact that we barely had a minute of them together on screen.

Now... last week, he did say his date with Lauren (but before Jubilee's date) could be with his "future wife"... AND she is still the spoiled finalist regardless of which way the wind blows this week. We can also successfully argue that his body language looks so much BETTER with Lauren than Jubilee. He is totally relaxed with her. However that short scene with Jubilee had a very tense conversation that suggested a LOT more was discussed OFF screen between these two. She is definitely NOT "just another contestant besides Lauren". One thing I have learned.. the HARD way... is that the editors will only show us what THEY want us to see.

Poor Amber was rejected at the rose ceremony and sobbed a LOT more than I expected her to.

Once again, Mister Harrison put me to sleep after the show. One curio: they love showing clips from Jason's season more than the others.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:09 pm

I didn't watch the aftershow. I never liked them after BIP so I skip these. I barely remember the date with JoJo because it was so short. Overall the episode was kind of lackluster. I am not interested in Becca again although I loved her on Chris's season. We already know her story and she is trying way too hard. With Amber and the rejection and all the crying i think it goes deeper than just being rejected on this show. I remember her as emotional on BIP. Just how I see it. Thanks again for the thoughtful perspective on the episode JBF.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:54 am

I haven't been following the Ben threads so I'm not sure if this has been discussed.  I'm so impressed with Ben and how he treats the ladies. He has excellent communication skills. When ever they make a comment about anything he asks questions to learn more. He really seems genuinely interested in their thoughts, feelings and makes an effort to validate their reason for being on the show. He seems to care more about the women's needs than his own. A true gentleman.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:06 am

jen689 wrote:I haven't been following the Ben threads so I'm not sure if this has been discussed.  I'm so impressed with Ben and how he treats the ladies. He has excellent communication skills. When ever they make a comment about anything he asks questions to learn more. He really seems genuinely interested in their thoughts, feelings and makes an effort to validate their reason for being on the show. He seems to care more about the women's needs than his own. A true gentleman.
YES that's my Benny boy ! :yes:
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 76 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+99
AmoreBella
Cinn3
Rolly
sdmom
aviej