SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:18 pm

I posted an article within the last month actually breaking down what "NYT best seller" means. source
Here is another source that basically backs up the one above. 2ndsource

Take from it what you will. But I found this quote from the first article interesting:
Publishers Weekly noted that Snooki’s A Shore Thing (which is categorized as a romance) only sold 8,998 copies yet made it onto the NYTimes extended list at 24.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

5 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

Post by sparkler Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:28 pm

albean99 wrote:Thanks. That's crazy. I can't see spending hard earned money on her book but then I wouldn't buy any book from this franchise no matter who wrote it. I know a lot of people do so each to their own.

I hate to admit it but I have already pre-ordered this book. I do like to read the books for some behind the scenes information, just as I read this board way too much....I don't understand it myself. I really like Josh- I think he is genuine and kind hearted so I rooted for him and Andi. I like the Murray family,since I live in GA and Aaron was so well known and liked here. But Andi- ugh. I loved (and "liked") every post above.....I never liked her since she was so horribly cruel to JP, to Eric on her season and to Nick. But it's like a train wreck that I can't look away from. There are a lot of people in Atlanta like her and her family and I think that is why she strikes such a deep cord in me- I wish she would get grounded in reality but it doesn't seem that it is coming any time soon.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Duke702 wrote:I feel like she used Courtney's book as an example, because Courtney's was very successful-- in that she is going to go into the dirty details.

Courtney was also one of the first to have a book. She was also a very polarizing character that people were probably intrigued to buy and read it. I don't see Andi as successful as Courtney, but we shall see. The only reason I think people will buy it if she really spills the dirt on Josh. I don't think people will care much about JPab, he's way of the past now. She would be a hypocrite of she talked about Nick regarding the FS stuff because as I remember, his comment was "below the belt".

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:38 pm

IDK--jmoaa, I would tread very carefully about what is said about her ex and his family. I noticed in the pr blurb she does not mention him by name. Might be a smart way to go.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Yes, Andi keep people pressed. What can I say I love this girl.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:59 pm

california90 wrote:
Duke702 wrote:I feel like she used Courtney's book as an example, because Courtney's was very successful-- in that she is going to go into the dirty details.

Courtney was also one of the first to have a book. She was also a very polarizing character that people were probably intrigued to buy and read it. I don't see Andi as successful as Courtney, but we shall see. The only reason I think people will buy it if she really spills the dirt on Josh. I don't think people will care much about JPab, he's way of the past now. She would be a hypocrite of she talked about Nick regarding the FS stuff because as I remember, his comment was "below the belt".

Courtney was not one of the first to have a book. There were many others before her--Helene, Gwen, Jen Scheft, Meredith, Trista, Melissa Rycroft, Bob Guiney, Travis Stork, David Good Shawntel Newton--their books were just not as popular so not as well known --http://www.wetpaint.com/bachelorette-stars-whove-written-books-608103/ . Courtney's book was just more interesting IMO because she went into nitty gritty details, and it wasn't boring. I'm not sure how well Sean or Des and Chris' books were, but I would guess not that popularNot sure if Andi's will be as popular, but I just mean I think that's what Andi is hoping for by saying that she goes into the dirty details in her teaser interview.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Duke702 wrote:
california90 wrote:

Courtney was not one of the first to have a book. There were many others before her--Helene, Gwen, Jen Scheft, Meredith, Trista, Melissa Rycroft, Bob Guiney, Travis Stork, David Good Shawntel Newton--their books were just not as popular so not as well known --http://www.wetpaint.com/bachelorette-stars-whove-written-books-608103/ . Courtney's book was just more interesting IMO because she went into nitty gritty details, and it wasn't boring. I'm not sure how well Sean or Des and Chris' books were, but I would guess not that popularNot sure if Andi's will be as popular, but I just mean I think that's what Andi is hoping for by saying that she goes into the dirty details in her teaser interview.

And that is probably why I thought hers was one of the first book. Oops.

Courtney was a polarizing character, more-so than the people you've listed. Probably of those people, she was probably the first to go into those types of details.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Beach Lover wrote:It doesn't bother me that she didn't go back to law since I know several people who have gone to law school, practiced for a while, didn't like it and switched careers. That happens and people change their minds. But Andi kept saying in interviews how much she missed it and that she wanted to go back, that is once she could give it 100%.  I just don't believe she ever meant it.  She's two years removed now from her turn as the Bachelorette. Her contract and commitments with the show are done.  When asked on SM why she doesn't work now she replied that writing a book by your self is a job.  But her book is written, so once she's done with her press tour what is holding her back from going back to practicing law or at least getting a real job of some kind?  She's 29 and single so she kind of needs a plan at this point in her life. The next few months will tell the story.  If she wants to continue to live in NYC, push products on SM and model on the side, fine. She's entitled, it's her life.  But if she doesn't do something in terms of a career then it will just tell me that she isn't the woman that she claims to be.  

You can bark all you want about being that strong, independent, driven woman, but If you are going to talk the talk, then walk the walk.

As you say, I don't care that she changed her mind about the law since she wouldn't be the first person to do so. What bugged me and what I found hypocritical is that she kept harping about how much she loved what she was doing and that she would be going back...and then never did. I had thought she would try to become the next Nancy Grace or some such thing. While not exactly practicing, at least putting her degree to some use. We now know that never happened. She then tried design and fashion, the blog, Andi's apple...all epic fails. She finally finished something with the writing of this book, but I wonder exactly how much she wrote it vs. some ghost writer? Either way, she has been floundering for several years now and is a long way from that tough, intelligent, strong, independent woman she professed herself to be. I find her sad and rather pathetic at the moment. What is she going to do now that the book is done? Will she continue to flounder without purpose or a job or will she finally do something with herself? Hmmm...I think I know which way I'm leaning.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:00 pm

It seems whatever endeavor she attempts it is a thin veneer of what could be. As said above it really does not matter what she does do as long as she does do.
The talk she had with Nicole Miller seemed to emphasize that.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:49 pm

Some interesting stuff here!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/q-and-a/a56807/andi-dorfman-book-its-not-okay-interview/

Bullet points:
Andi uses numbers vs. names as "aliases" for her exes in the book - I'm pretty sure JP is Number 1, Nick is Number 25 and Josh is Number 26.

Andi had break-up sex with one of her exes.  I'm guessing Josh and that this happened just before she left for NYC. I remember they briefly starting following each other on SM again just days before her move, and they were spotted at the same ATL restaurant (separately) that same weekend.  But it could have been Nick too when they ran into each other in Chicago over V-Day weekend.

Josh has a temper. - Well this is shocking. Not!!  Any of us watching the show could see that with some of his reactions to things with the guys. The ironic thing here is that she claims he didn't hide it but that the situation they were in didn't bring out his more negative traits.  Really, Andi? That works both ways.

Andi wrote the book herself, no ghost writer. -  She said that was her job or "baby" for the past year.  And guess what?  She may be doing a follow-up about being single in the city. Good grief! Rolling Eyes
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:58 pm

^ She's so gross with these details laugh out loud

Andi already lived in NY before running into Nick in Chicago right? If so, Josh was the break up sex person since she said this in regards to that break up sex question:
"To be honest, I didn't know whether or not I would be able to move on from it. At that point, I had booked a one-way ticket to New York, which I think helped. If I didn't have an exit plan, I probably wouldn't have done it, because I might have gone back into a tailspin."
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/q-and-a/a56807/andi-dorfman-book-its-not-okay-interview/

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:59 pm

LMAO. No one wants to hear about her being single in the city.

Numbers vs alias.. tbh, I bet she secretly wants to out them all by name so she'll make it super obvious who is who regarding JP, Nick, Josh.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

+77
landrje
casjacknick
BohemianNika
Ash2214
luvlady345