SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 65 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by bleuberry Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:58 pm

bluwavz wrote:I just don't understand why he couldn't have kept his job and still pursued opportunities at the same time. I mean he did say he intended to keep his job and that it was his priority but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned for my age with this whole job concept I can't let go. laugh out loud

I totally think this was possible for Nick. I can think of a few male contestants who model, appear in the odd commercial or Bach related event and work day jobs. I suspect the difference with Nick is that the small taste of fame he's gotten has become addicting and he's seeking it out full time. I do think he'll go back eventually, he's grasping now and has to know that his chances are even slimmer as we approach 6 months post finale.

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 65 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 65 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Unless one knows Nick's income status, there's no way to know whether he needed to keep his job or not. He could have invested for years and get monthly dividends.

Just because a man has a job doesn't mean he is financially secure. He may have high debt, poor money management skills. lives outside his means, and wastes money.

Just having a job doesn't mean anything, imo, unless one knows the situation of the individual. In Nick's case, we don't.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 pm

I think he took the leave of absense primarily because they were dangling the DWTS spot in front of him. No idea why he hasn't gone back yet though, perhaps they didn't want him.

I too hope he isn't burning through his savings. That would be a bit sad.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Isn't it kind of stupid to take a leave of absence before anything is signed or confirmed? I also don't think he ever had a chance for DWTS, TBH. They've never gone with a current Bachelorette, even though two were dancers. It was silly to think they'd go with an f2 with lowish popularity. 

He just seems to be making bad decisions all around.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:31 pm

When I think of other formers, who are pretty much doing nothing but shilling, how are they making ends meet? Becca, Andi, Kaitlyn. Nick has worked for a couple of years in a position where income can be easily 6 figures. Prior to that as per his Linkedin he has been working in technology for the last 9 yrs. If he wasn't performing in his job, which I would think is strictly based on volume, he would have been turfed long time ago. He lives in a big city, rent and living expenses aren't cheap.

If he was able to take a leave, IMO that shows he is on good terms with his employer. If he's in a position where he isn't earning any income at all, and is grasping at straws, I would think he would go back to work. He's no dummy. He has 5 yrs of University and a Bachelor in Business Admin Accounting, and Operations Management. I think he's one of the few compared to some of the others, who are able to at this point in his life, playing hookie from work, since he has years of schooling and work experience behind him. If he is blowing his savings, which we have no basis or proof of that, IMO that's ok too because he is doing what he wants to do, and has enough experience behind him that he can earn it all over again. All JMHO.

There are others who have not had much of a career at all in the last 10 yrs that are trying to be famous rather than getting a real job.

Linkedin

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:32 pm

nothatgirl wrote:Isn't it kind of stupid to take a leave of absence before anything is signed or confirmed? I also don't think he ever had a chance for DWTS, TBH. They've never gone with a current Bachelorette, even though two were dancers. It was silly to think they'd go with an f2 with lowish popularity. 

They did chose Trista. Not sure that Ashley was interested, she had dental school to finish, and that seemed important to her. Kaitlyn killed her own chance, IMO, just don't think after her behavior in the media and online that they were going to take a chance on her erratic unpredictable behavior.

I don't think there was any serious interest in Nick for DWTS, it was probably mentioned as the bachelor was, as a possibility, probably not a high probability.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:34 pm

bluwavz wrote:I just don't understand why he couldn't have kept his job and still pursued opportunities at the same time. I mean he did say he intended to keep his job and that it was his priority but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned for my age with this whole job concept I can't let go. laugh out loud
You are the least old fashioned person I have ever met. Muwhaaaa!  hearthumbsup

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:37 pm

GA I assume the full time shillers live off of just that laugh out loud. Plus Andi has a book and Kaitlyn got a bit of money as B'ette too.

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 65 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 pm

nothatgirl wrote:Isn't it kind of stupid to take a leave of absence before anything is signed or confirmed? I also don't think he ever had a chance for DWTS, TBH. They've never gone with a current Bachelorette, even though two were dancers. It was silly to think they'd go with an f2 with lowish popularity. 

Yes it is stupid to quit your job before you ever go on this show like another contestant did and still does not have a real job yet.  At least Nick worked while he was on both seasons  JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:When I think of other formers, who are pretty much doing nothing but shilling, how are they making ends meet? Becca, Andi, Kaitlyn. Nick has worked for a couple of years in a position where income can be easily 6 figures. Prior to that as per his Linkedin he has been working in technology for the last 9 yrs. If he wasn't performing in his job, which I would think is strictly based on volume, he would have been turfed long time ago. He lives in a big city, rent and living expenses aren't cheap.

If he was able to take a leave, IMO that shows he is on good terms with his employer. If he's in a position where he isn't earning any income at all, and is grasping at straws, I would think he would go back to work. He's no dummy. He has 5 yrs of University and a Bachelor in Business Admin Accounting, and Operations Management. I think he's one of the few compared to some of the others, who are able to at this point in his life, playing hookie from work, since he has years of schooling and work experience behind him. If he is blowing his savings, which we have no basis or proof of that, IMO that's ok too because he is doing what he wants to do, and has enough experience behind him that he can earn it all over again. All JMHO.

There are others who have not had much of a career at all in the last 10 yrs that are trying to be famous rather than getting a real job.

Linkedin

clapping! clapping! Great post. Nick is miles ahead than most of those fame-wannabes.
There's zero proof he is not financially secure and he does have a degree that translates to income potential.
It's much ado about nothing IMO and let and let live I say.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 pm

bluwavz wrote:I don't take an interest in someone solely because they have a job but if a guy doesn't have one then it's no-go with me. I'm sure Nick isn't losing sleep over my lack of interest in dating him though. laugh out loud
LOL yeah I don't want my daughter dating someone she has to "take care of" sorry I am just not that evolved. Sorry.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:44 pm

bleuberry wrote:GA I assume the full time shillers live off of just that laugh out loud. Plus Andi has a book and Kaitlyn got a bit of money as B'ette too.

laugh out loud I know.
Andi has a book and Kaitlyn got money for being the 'ette. Neither one of them have worked in a very long time. I think Nick taking a leave is more than justified considering the years he has worked. JMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt