SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 58 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by bleuberry Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:20 am

Cat could recommend him for her own sister and it wouldn't make much of a difference to me. Just means she has questionable taste. (I kid, haha!) rotfl

Thanks Monica, I think I vaguely remember that.

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Chicagoan - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 58 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 am

peggy0221 wrote:Well, this is the part I don't understand again - people say they form their opinion about Nick irreverent to A or K, but people blamed Nick for all faults of A & K and thought its Nick who turned these two victim.

So which is which?
I've given up trying to understand it. I think it's just different strokes for different folks. Nick could save a life and still he would be criticized - especially if he did it without a shirt on (j/k haha).

I think it's just the way it is and at least at the end of the day, Nick seems to be someone who just lives his life and keeps being positive and optimistic. And that's what I admire about him. :Nod:

For someone that got so much hate and backlash, that Nick remains so positive to this day is a credit to himself. I don't know many people who have the strength/maturity to deal with lots of negativity coming their way - certainly not Kaitlyn!

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:52 am

^well said! I've never read any whining /complaining/negativity from Nick even though people call him very ugly names.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:15 am

sdmom wrote:^well said! I've never read any whining /complaining/negativity from Nick even though people call him very ugly names.
BUMP! yes
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:20 am

Kashathediva wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Ugh. I wrote, deleted, wrote, deleted.
Cancer hits home very close to me but domestic violence even more so currently speaking with having a sibling going through a divorce with DV and the emotional is worse than the physical and it's just... no words and especially how little can be done to protect victims and their children and often when it's too late anyway.

It's just. Ugh. Again, no words.

Thank you Kasha for supporting your friend. It never ceases to amaze me how many "friends" want to run for the hills when domestic violence is one of the battles one fights and yet that's when they need the support the most.

This person is closer to me than a sister, as she has been there for me in many ways. Her situation worries me greatly.  I am so happy for her that her son has won his major battle with the big CA. As a mother, I can't and don't want to go there. 
Unfortunately, the battle she has to fight 24/7 with her spouse is more damaging and draining. She has to not speak against her spouse in the home. Anything can and will be held against her. So she says N-O-T-H-I-N-G to him. He can throw things all over the home, encourage the cancer ridden child to do things against medical advice and go out at all hours and talk about his affairs and come home drunk off his butt. All she can do is document and record. As long as he does not get "physical" not much can be done.
Sorry for the OT discussion.

Ladies,
Thanks for sharing your personal stories.
Because the DV affects not only the victim but that victims support system, my heart goes out to you both.
Your loved ones are blessed to have you!
bestbud!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:30 am

For sure, Nick is to be commended for all of the work he does for charity.  Good for him and better for the causes he helps to promote and I do agree that he does handle negativity better than most on SM (cough, Kaitlyn) but he is not above criticism and has his faults as well.   Lots of other contestants do charity as well and are ripped on for their faults (K and S, and Chris Soules to name a few).  So not sure why people are saying he is any different.  As long as people continue to put stuff on SM, there will continue to be an opportunity for people to express their opinions whether positive or negative both on SM and message boards. jmho as always

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:41 am

Good post isittrue. Heck if Sean (the shiner of light) Lowe, can get it from time to time, then no one is immune laugh out loud.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:49 am

Alanna wrote:Being manipulative is the direct opposite of telling anyone OVERTLY what to do. That's the crux of the action. It's doing a little performance such as crying because he was so deeply "hurt" by her accusations during that cocktail party. Or posting non-stop that they had SEXXX post-show in a way of "support" when she clearly (imo) wanted him to stop and unfollowed him. Like we could have forgotten anyway of the depraved act. Sigh.

I'm glad he says nice things about her though. It's her complete and utter stupidity in ever getting involved with him that opened the door for him to quit his #dreamjob (TM) and go around doing whatever it is he's doing now.

Anyway, Jef's true colors eventually came out and Nick's are well on his way imo.

Alanna you have such a way with words....well said. Smiley So many posts to comment on but the silver lining in all of this imo is that everyone (on both sides) learns from people who are brought into their life even if the time is brief. So many to name from this show....Jill/Ed, Ali/Roberto, Andi/Josh, Chris/Whit, Juan/Nikki,
Brad/Emily, Emily/Jef, Deanna/Jesse, Jason/Melissa, Charlie/Sarah.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:01 pm

isittrue wrote:For sure, Nick is to be commended for all of the work he does for charity.  Good for him and better for the causes he helps to promote and I do agree that he does handle negativity better than most on SM (cough, Kaitlyn) but he is not above criticism and has his faults as well.   Lots of other contestants do charity as well and are ripped on for their faults (K and S, and Chris Soules to name a few).  So not sure why people are saying he is any different.  As long as people continue to put stuff on SM, there will continue to be an opportunity for people to express their opinions whether positive or negative both on SM and message boards. jmho as always

I agree and feel that as long as people put anything on sm, they are open to any criticism. When Nick posts shirtless pictures, I anticipate backlash.
BUT, what I don't agree is Nick is narcissistic. I also don't understand is why people dwell on negativity. I am not a fan of K and S but I applaud Shawn's support for various worthy causes (Movember, homeless and the most recent event he attended) and his effort for the meal program. I am not a fan of Andi, but I am willing to give her the benefit of doubt of her new book.
I guess this is the nature of general discussion thread where the negative and the positive coexist.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Nick has been one of the more targeted contestants in this show's history as far as mean spirited, viscious tweets, name calling and character assassination. The restraint he has shown and even self-depricating/witty responses he gives when he does acknowledge a tweet/criticism just make me admire him even more. I've found myself WANTING him defend himself at times with some of the crap I've read towards him. I wonder if he had complained/whined/played vicitim more if he would have gotten his own "Bachelor cyberbully pity party/intervention" Eh probably not becomes the editors say he's a villain so it must be true laugh out loud.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:37 pm

I truly think Nick could\should give how to handle negative sm with class and dignity seminars (kind of expand on that one talk he gave at a college). Not that many of them would sign up, but I can think of a lot of Bach alums for whom attendance should be mandatory.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I do think it's pretty impressive that he doesn't respond to the bait. And there have been enough opportunities esp with the selfies and shirtless pics. He seems to have no trouble ignoring it.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt