SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Alanna Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:00 am

bleuberry wrote:I think he's lost because he doesn't appear to have any direction. He's like a poor man's 1f, without the trust fund.  giggling

If I set the bar at what 'other' fame seekers are doing, then that's one heck of a low bar don't you think?  laugh out loud

On a serious note, I do think it's sad, so many people lose themselves after this and buy into their own hype. Must be tough to come crashing back down to earth.
Spot on. A smarter 1F that is better at keeping up the charade imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by bleuberry Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 am

Excellent post stuck and I agree. I have no shame in saying that I like it when people are employed laugh out loud. I have openly criticized the other no job having, SM shilling, repeat reality show contestants. 

I kind of clued in when he joined the liketoknowit bandwagon and started IDing his underwear.   rotfl

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:07 am

The fact he uses liketoknowit still makes me laugh.

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 87b72b10 enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 86669110 enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:09 am

^ Regarding liketoknowit: Cat uses it, Jillian uses it, Sharleen uses it and many many more.

I don't dislike Cat or Jillian or Sharleen or any of the others for using liketoknowit so I don't see why I would dislike at Nick using it. It's why, when it is used as a case to justify not liking someone, I just see it as different strokes for different folks because they all do it.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:38 am; edited 5 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am

Personally I would like for any of these contestants to do whatever they want. Whether I agree with their actions or not, to me, it's all live and learn. We have seen backlash from contestants on SM, we've seen brutal comments towards others, who just ignore them. Live and learn.

Nick has always had a sense of humour and references movies and such. IMO he doesn't need the desire to want everyone to love him. He's been down that road plenty of times, considering how he handles negativity, that's how I see it. I have no idea what SM is saying about the pic, I don't read comments, but IMO he wouldn't care, and that's what I like about any contestant that doesn't care.

Whether he's working, goofing off, living in LaLa land, or whatever, he has worked up until now. It's not like he has been working for minimum wage, or not working at all, and looking for fame. He has a place in Chicago, he travels a lot, he must be financially secure. At least he's not living off a $200,000 or whatever TPTB paycheck.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:19 am

Great post, GA!  clapping!

Nick is living his life and being positive. What I look at is if that person is putting out positivity and living their lives without bitching and moaning and whining about things. Nick hasn't whined or anything. He raised funds for a great cause, put on his big boy pants, is posting shirtless pics (just like Cupcake Chris and even Art Green and others). He is getting paid for ads on his SM (the same ad that beloved Tanner and Shawn have done) so more power to him since he doesn't bitch and moan about it and at least uses his sense of humor to go with it.

I think it is a slippery slope to put people so high on a pedestal that just SM ads will make them the worst thing ever. And even more slippery when one is praised because they don't do it. Because it may not be their choice not to, they may not be offered the opportunity, and not doing it doesn't make them nicer or a better person either. Take the opportunity I say and live life as positively as possible. Nick seems to be doing that.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:39 am

Well for me, I don't choose to support someone based on the fact that at least they're not x, y and z contestant. Otherwise I'd probably be following the rest of 1,000 bachelor nation members not named Ick Vile. I don't have time for that type of commitment laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am

Nick is no better than anyone else that has been on this show. Personally, I found his conduct on the show despicable in that he publically and proudly diddled with both lead Bettes.  He is no gentleman IMO and has already out lived his 15 minutes of fame as a non-lead.    Rolling Eyes

As long he lives his life out in the media, he is fair game for scrutiny like all others.  JMO.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am

I don't think anyone's said, or even implied, that Nick is now the worst thing ever since he's posting ads. Just that he's losing some of his charm by turning into another reality TV Peter Pan who funds his life by shilling products on IG. I wasn't too concerned about his leave while he was funding it himself, but trying to make money of his fanbase is a clear sign of needing to get a job IMO. Kaitlyn, Shawn and Andi, even Sean and Cat, have all received a lot of flak for being unemployed and/or throwing their career away to chase fame, so even though I like Nick far more than them, I find it unfair to give him a pass for the same thing. They have all claimed they're working on some projects that we never see any evidence of, so I'm not expecting things to end up any differently for Nick. If they do, then great, but at the moment I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt any more than I'm giving others in his situation. He can't be working on anything that time-consuming, since he had all that time and energy to devote to the Movember fundraising. It's great that he did, but that's over now, time to find a new purpose. Of course t's his life and obviously he's free to do what he wants with it, but I'm free to have an opinion on it as well.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am

I think he'd jump at the opportunity to live off of a $200k tptb paycheque seeing as he's reduced himself to selling $10 glam boxes on IG. JMO of course.

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 46 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:45 am

Nick is definitely fair game for lots of scrutiny.
Thing is, Nick doesn't focus on that and has never let it bother him.
He lives his life and does his thing and seems quite happy currently doing so.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:51 am

The measuring stick I use with a lot of these cast is basically is this someone I would want as a potential mate?  Is this someone I would want to have a long term relationship? Everyone has a different measuring stick. Doesn't mean one is better than another, it's subjective.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt