SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 75 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by rhondam Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:54 am

^ I'm not brave laugh out loud I just couldn't sleep (as is the case again tonight) and I also needed to clean off pvr but yes I was saving it to re-watch with scrutiny knowing everything as I know it today. I was fascinated by the actual amount, type and what was edited but you pros already know to what extremes they go to. I didn't realize it was so much!

Anyway, yes I used to really like her too. There is something off though IMO, I just can't put my finger on it or get a real sense of what exactly it is. Is it just everything that happened during filming and editing? Or was there always something there? While watching again there were times when I think I saw a genuineness and I could also see "the acting" more obviously for the most part. But something else was going on in her head I think because some stuff just couldn't make sense for me when I consider how it was sequentially filmed. Oh well I honestly don't care enough to ponder it anymore, it's just an observation from my (overtired) point of view. But yes I agree, and would bet my own money, that this sudden onset of philanthropic work is entirely PR driven to increase income.

Last edited by rhondam on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed conversate to conversing jk lol)
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 75 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 am

Denial is a huge protective mechanism.
It is far easier to blame someone else for your actions, than to be honest with yourself and realize you are the one at least partially responsible(if not much more than partially). That is the way humans are built. It's not always a conscious thing.
It takes a strong person to realize this and act on it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 pm

I was wondering if there was a strategy behind K's fiance partnering with Nick for Movember and now, in light of K's upcoming TEDx talk (what a joke, IMO) I think it was strategic that they used Nick to get him to partner with S for Movember since Shawn never tagged him in the first place and there was no need to include him in it unless it suits a purpose for themselves.  Suspect

The cynic in me tells me that doing this suits K's purpose of being able to talk about her choice to have sex on the show pre-FS and the "backlash" so I am sure she will need to "make nice" in the public eye before talking about that subject again at her TEDx talk and make her look better. To me, the thing with Nick is just as manipulative as her "accidental" snapchat - all planned to make HERSELF look good. Rolling Eyes

I think it is such a travesty and a joke that she is even talking about this. She CHOSE to have sex with someone on TV and this after she told her now-fiance he was "the one" (how pathetic and low morals, imo, to say this to someone and then act like that days after, show or no show) and then be upset when people lambast her as if she is special for it or brave or whatever.  Rolling Eyes

It's like Kim Kardashian being upset that she had backlash for having a sex tape. No hunny, you both got to fame and 1 million + followers because of this sex-known-to-public and "controversy". And it is the same controversy that is giving her a platform at a TEDx talk.   no no

It's nothing but victim, "woe is me" behavior, IMO, and narcissistic Kaitlyn actually believes her own delusion that she deserves a platform because she chose to have sex on a reality show.  hmmm

IMHO, there's nothing inspiring about Kaitlyn's behavior, during the show or post-show social media response by her to warrant her giving a TEDx talk which is what these should be about. If anything it is embarrassing and perpetuates the delusional world we now live in where people who do controversial things get platforms best reserved for those who actually make a positive difference in the world. It's truly sad and pathetic all at the same time. What next? Nobel prizes?  no no

Honestly.... nowadays it seems one just need to do something with SEX and you get these platforms/accolades. and I think Kaitlyn knew this the moment she stepped out that limo and said "plow the eff out of my field".  no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:16 pm

I take their partnership at face value, as much as the snowflake annoys me laugh out loud. Tagging him in SM is irrelevant to me especially since they claim to talk on the phone frequently (crazy town). They teamed up for a good cause together that had clearly been in the works. I don't care how they do it, but thousands of dollars raised is a win-win.

As for the sex stuff, eh, idc what she says about it since Nick himself used that same 'platform' and went on a sex talk press tour (essentially) interviewing with anyone and everyone who called. The same platform that allowed him to quit take a leave from SF to roam around LA doing whatever. All IMO.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 75 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Kaitlyn is getting a TEDx Talk platform based on her sex "controversy" (a word used in the very description for her talk).

IMHO, no one from this show or franchise should be doing a TEDx talk in relation to them being on this show.

No one.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:41 pm

I know it doesn't jive with the notion of her not getting any opportunities because she's a drunk teenager-esque party girl, but I guess someone wants to hear from her? That's on TEDx Vancouver for choosing her, not Kaitlyn for accepting the invitation.  Can't imagine who in Bach nation wouldn't say yes. I wouldn't be surprised if even she felt undeserving of it too tbh, but I'm glad she's up for the challenge and hope she knocks it out of the park. It's a pretty diverse list of speakers and I'm sure this will be a memorable experience for them both. All IMO. Hugesmile

Last edited by bleuberry on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 75 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Kaitlyn Bristow created all those sex drama, enjoyed the fame, and played the poor me card to get herself a talk about overcoming adversity!!!! This is definitely manipulative. Nick never played that card, never pretend to be the survivor of any chaos. Totally different thing, and totally different class, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:53 pm

bleuberry wrote:I know it doesn't jive with the notion of her not getting any opportunities because she's a drunk teenager-esque party girl, but I guess someone wants to hear from her? That's on TEDx Vancouver for choosing her, not Kaitlyn for accepting the invitation.  Can't imagine who in Bach nation wouldn't say yes. I wouldn't be surprised if even she felt undeserving of it too tbh, but I'm glad she's up for the challenge and hope she knocks it out of the park. It's a pretty diverse list of speakers and I'm sure this will be a memorable experience for them both. All IMO. Hugesmile
People want to hear from Kim Kardashian and Kim thinks she is worth being heard so it means nothing to me based on behavior.
I think Kaitlyn knows someone on the organization committee and that's how she got the gig, IMHO.

Plus, I don't for one second think Kaitlyn finds herself undeserving of being given this platform -- quite the opposite, IMHO.
I think Kaitlyn thinks she is deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize her ego is so ridiculous.

The fact that Kaitlyn actually thinks she has done anything other than be part of the social media bullying problem says it all to me. no no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:00 pm

In her IG about this talk she said: 'well... never thought this would ever happen!' I kinda believe it.

I agree that it doesn't say too much since Jake Pavelka still gets calls laugh out loud. I will have to hear her talk before I make up my mind but I think this could be good.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Wait... Jake Pavelka still gets calls? Geez he's like 50 seasons ago.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:11 pm

"Stop making stupid people famous" no no
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:17 pm

bleuberry wrote:In her IG about this talk she said: 'well... never thought this would ever happen!' I kinda believe it.
I think what she means is she never thought anyone on TEDx Talk would be dumb enough to want her to speak. JMO Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 75 2498057887
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass