SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 63 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 am

Kashathediva wrote:The main thing is bringing attention to men's health issues. 
Anything that helps that cause comes from a good place even if not projected as best as it could have been. It's the overall message that counts.

:yes:

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 63 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:30 am

Alanna wrote:Terrible timing! Doesn't Shawn know St. Nick needs to start whipping the reindeer into shape and start reviewing elf promotions around this time of the year? He doesn't have time for this crap right now. Stupid Shawn!!

On the contrary, I see a Saint Shawn.

Last edited by peggy0221 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:35 am

So doesn't this big baby has other way to bring attention to this men health issue? And why Nick? It's NOT about Nick being a saint as @Alanna thought, it is about his attitude towards Nick this whole time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am

Imagine if this is Nick doing the same thing towards Shawn or Josh, he would be seen as trying to stay relevant, trying to be disrespectful to the lead and to sabotage the "love" between the lead and the F1.

When Shawn does this, it is him being a gentleman to put the difference aside and raw attention to a good cause. IMO, the F1 pass is still in its full effect. Can I call him Saint Shawn now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:46 pm

I don't see it as Shawn being anything other than his empty box self trying to support a men's health awareness and missing the mark slightly by including Nick on "his team". 
What team is that? It should be team male. It should be any woman supporting a male. Shouldn't everyone be on that team? I would hope so, so I don't get it, but it's still great to encourage support and awareness, IMO.
 Fighting cancer anyway, we can is a good thing. 
Helping educate people is a great thing. 
Supporting those dealing with it is a blessed thing. JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:59 pm

I was of the opinion good for Shawn for trying to reach out to Nick for a great cause because IMO he knew/thought it would be a great way to raise $$. Maybe he realizes what a dufus he was on the show and post show, and felt it was time to get over it, for himself, because IMO Nick didn't care. Like someone posted somewhere else "our" differences was a poor choice of words, it should be his own differences.

However after reading everyone's opinions I have say some of which are very valid IMO, it does make me want to analyze it further. If he didn't contact Nick before hand, is it because he still couldn't face him?  This leads me to think Shawn still has issues otherwise he would have called him, had a conversation, pitched the idea and go from there. He has only raised $175 since last night, up from $110. If Nick does join him it will be interesting to see where that dollar figure ends up at.

Nick is already involved in Light the Night supporting Leukemia & Lymphoma with a $1000 goal and has achieved $658.00.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/il/ChicagoL15/ddenok

He has been involved in many fundraising challenges and has helped many charities.

Is Shawn doing this to make himself look good? To raise money to help the charity? To heal himself by trying to help others? Whatever the case may be, I would be interested in hearing that conversation if it takes place.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Well it only took about 6 months but Shawn seems to have finally learned TOG's name.  I am not buying this stunt however.  Typical of Shawn's mentality.  Taking 1st billing without even reaching out to Nick to plan this together.  All about Shawn and publicity.
Team: Shawn B & Nick V  - Captain: Shawn B  Suspect

Newsflash Shawn, it is good form to contact someone directly if you are going to use their name. Try Twitter, IG, email, phone call, snapchat, periscope and sent this up jointly in private. Rolling Eyes  

I applaud the cause just not the tactics.  I'm pretty sure that Nick will back Movember just not sure that teaming with Shawn is the way to go.  Since Nick has tried and failed so many times to end the drama with Shawn, he will probably take the bait because he doesn't harbor grudges.  Strange bedfellows for sure.hmmm
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Yes Seabear, that's another thing and a very good point. Dropping Nick's name along side his name on a website. That certainly isn't something anyone can just do to gain attention for their benefit.

IDK this can get messy and IMO if the shoe was on the other foot it would be a mess! But since we are talking Nick, love him or hate him, he will handle it gracefully.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Shawn Booth Retweeted
People magazine ‏@people 39m39 minutes ago
@Shawn_Booth wants #Bachelorette rival Nick Viall to help him raise awareness for #Movember http://peoplem.ag/LvWviVd
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:24 pm

JMO, but Shawn is just using the most memorable thing about his fame to garnish attention to a cause that he has deemed worthy.  And that unforgettable thing? Nick and their friendship or lack thereof.  

Nick was right... Shawn just can't stop talking about him. If he does, his 15 minutes of fame and attention are over or at least severely diminished. Call it "click bait". Call it attention seeking. Call it whatever you what. I think that Shawn went about this "olive branch" the wrong way. It is almost like a dare aimed at Nick. Hostility masked by a good cause.

Many of you are right, if Shawn truly wanted to extend his friendship and mend the riff between them, he should have privately contacted Nick and worked together as a team. Instead he made a public request designed to challenge Nick, essentially putting his "teammate" in the "hot seat" by having to respond in the spotlight.

Don't get me wrong.  I fully expect Nick to rise to the occasion and respond to this challenge with grace and humor.  I just think that Shawn's actions do not exhibit a true desire to reach out to Nick seeking friendship or teamwork. His "olive branch" reeks of alpha male competition and unsettled insecurity.  Not to mention the fact that Kaitlyn is in the background of the video laughing it off... like the history between the three of them is no big deal.  Gracious maturity is just not a concept they understand.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Nick's response
@viallnicholas28: Here is your answer @Shawn_Booth https://t.co/w2wGP0bzAY

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:50 pm

SO cool and so cute. Did anyone expect less? Not me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass