SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by rhondam Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 am

I'm not suggesting that Tanner's joke was in good taste, but I believe it came from a place of mutual lack of respect for Kaitlyn among these guys from her season, except perhaps Jared who would never say so even if he believed it as well IMO.

As an aside, I looked up the term Eskimo Brother in Urban Dictionary because I wondered about the good friend aspect. It said:

A male who has had sex with and ejaculated inside of the same woman as a good friend. (Not necessarily simultaneously).

So say if for example, Josh and Nick both had sex with Kaitlyn, the term Eskimo Brothers would not apply. I only bring this up because unfortunately I don't think this term is going to go away and I don't think it should be overused if it doesn't actually apply IMO.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by bleuberry Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:06 am

I thought he was saying that in jest and using it very loosely as they all dated the same girl.

Kinda like the girls calling each other sister wives.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:07 am

^^ IA Bleuberry. I assumed the same.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:31 am

rhondam wrote:I'm not suggesting that Tanner's joke was in good taste, but I believe it came from a place of mutual lack of respect for Kaitlyn among these guys from her season, except perhaps Jared who would never say so even if he believed it as well IMO.

As an aside, I looked up the term Eskimo Brother in Urban Dictionary because I wondered about the good friend aspect. It said:

A male who has had sex with and ejaculated inside of the same woman as a good friend. (Not necessarily simultaneously).

So say if for example, Josh and Nick both had sex with Kaitlyn, the term Eskimo Brothers would not apply. I only bring this up because unfortunately I don't think this term is going to go away and I don't think it should be overused if it doesn't actually apply IMO.

Most of the definitions on there don't bring up the good friend part so it could still apply. It appears it's largely used to simply mean two guys who sleep with the same woman.

I learned on Urban Dictionary that Shawn and Josh are Eskimo Cousins.

Eskimo Cousin
A guy who is Eskimo Brother's with someone that you are Eskimo Brother's with, but not for the same girl.
"Hey, you're Eskimo Brother's with Mikey? I'm Eskimo Brother's with Mikey! That means we're Eskimo Cousins! Fack yeah!"

Source: Urban Dictionary
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:41 am

Ahahahaa Eskimo Cousins! What's next?! Rolling Eyes :P

I guess I was just extremely hopeful the term could be made less common with the narrower definition!! hmmm
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:43 am

There's also Eskimo Brothers-in-Law! Wow I'm learning a lot here.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:44 am

^Urban Dictionary is a giant rabbit hole. Get out now before you can't escape.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:56 am

Can I ask here for those who knows anything . Does Shawn owned a house in Nashville ? Or he and his sister owned that house ? If yes , then both Shawn and his sister lived in the same house in Nashville together with his dog and now with K? Thanks

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 Eb97c9
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 9zt107Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 XgicucKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 Oaw2uvKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 2pqw5k8Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 30szzauKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 58 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:04 am

bleuberry wrote:I thought he was saying that in jest and using it very loosely as they all dated the same girl.

That's more what I thought also, bleuberry.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:08 am

bleuberry wrote:I thought he was saying that in jest and using it very loosely as they all dated the same girl.

Yep. I thought it was a mix of that and possibly a slight dig at Shawn since (besides Jared who wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone out loud) the guys there weren't really fans of him.

Anyway, I overall liked K as the 'ette, but I still think Shawn and her bring out the worst in each other during the season and that doesn't seem to have changed post-show.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:11 am

bluwavz wrote:There's also Eskimo Brothers-in-Law! Wow I'm learning a lot here.
After I read about your findings, I needed to know if there was such a thing as Eskimo sisters (b/c gender equality, obviously) and I learned that there are  AND there's even "double Eskimo sisters", which are two girls who have slept with two of the same men. So, now I'm racking my brain to find out if that applies to anyone in the franchise.

Urban dictionary really is the most addictive source of information I'll never, ever use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:18 am

kimberlyg wrote:

Yep.  I thought it was a mix of that and possibly a slight dig at Shawn since (besides Jared who wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone out loud) the guys there weren't really fans of him.  

Anyway, I overall liked K as the 'ette, but I still think Shawn and her bring out the worst in each other during the season and that doesn't seem to have changed post-show.
That was exactly my take too - dig at Shawn and male version of "sister wives", not really a comment on Kaitlyn either way.  Tanner is pretty honest about people he doesn't like in his periscopes and I haven't gotten the vibe that he (or Jade) dislike her at all. 

I totally agree with your take on Kaitlyn/Shawn - I think they are both really stubborn and sensitive people and, by being together, they encourage each other to be that even moreso. whenever I check in on their snaps, though, I remember why I was such a fan of hers early in the season. She is really cute and witty when she wants to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass