SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:20 pm

It certainly could be "something else". Women are still fighting for equality on many fronts--pay scale certainly comes to mind. Compare pay scale for male actors vs female actresses.
Then again, aren't ratings generally higher for TB than the 'Ette? That might be a factor. When it comes to the sexes, fairness is often not the case.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by umngirl Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:39 pm

In reality, 3 guys from the show have been on DWTS and 2 women have. Granted it's been several years. And if we wanted to be technical Melissa was on twice so it would be 3-3.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:49 pm

Yeah, I highly doubt this is a gender issue. I mean half the cast of DWTS will be women anyway, so why not have a recent Bachelorette instead of some has-been? I truly believe it's because Kaitlyn spoiled her own season and they've been criticizing the edit afterwards. The ABC execs aren't gonna reward that kind of behaviour. Jimmy Kimmel even said they were livid after Kaitlyn's SC mishap.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:59 pm

umngirl wrote:In reality, 3 guys from the show have been on DWTS and 2 women have. Granted it's been several years. And if we wanted to be technical Melissa was on twice so it would be 3-3.

Please refresh my memory: Trista Melissa and who else? TIA.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:01 pm

sdmom wrote:
umngirl wrote:In reality, 3 guys from the show have been on DWTS and 2 women have. Granted it's been several years. And if we wanted to be technical Melissa was on twice so it would be 3-3.

Melissa was on two seasons, regular and all-stars. That's what I was trying to say. If we are technical, there have been 3 seasons with a women from the bachelor franchise and 3 with a guy from it.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 pm

sdmom wrote:Please refresh my memory: Trista Melissa and who else? TIA.
The men were Jake, Sean and Chris

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Courtney said in her book she was asked as an alternate for DWTS in case anyone got hurt but she dropped out because Ben told her she wouldn't have a fiance if she did it.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:59 pm

I wonder if it's just because of the time ~2 months inbetween bachelorette/dwts and the smaller audience ette gets, or if it's something else.

I definitely think it's this. The whole "the men will take their shirts off" thing doesn't fly with the many skimpy costumes on this show all around. Have you seen some of the costumes the women wear? They don't need to take their shirts off to be half naked. 

The fact is, as someone noted, it's not like it's been that many Bachelor guys - 3 guys from over 20 seasons of the franchise and 20 seasons of DWTS. That's not a lot. The fact is The Bachelor has higher ratings and two, in my opinion, the more significant factor is the timing. 

ABC literally goes from the finale/ATFR for The Bachelor and the next Monday is the spring season premiere of DWTS. With the Bachelorette, there is a full month and a half or even two, before DWTS premieres.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:23 pm

umngirl wrote:
sdmom wrote:

Melissa was on two seasons, regular and all-stars. That's what I was trying to say. If we are technical, there have been 3 seasons with a women from the bachelor franchise and 3 with a guy from it.
Another way to look at it is that zero women/ bachelorette leads have been cast directly after their seasons, whereas 3 men/bachelor leads have. 

I also think that Trista and Melissa were both special cases. Trista was on the first season, when the show didn't bring in the stars it does today. I don't think Kelly Monaco, a soap star, would have been cast or able to win with the way the show is now. Melissa was also a last minute pick, b/c Jason's aftr broke records. She wasn't an original pick like Sean, Jake, Chris, and even Jp were.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:33 pm

bluwavz wrote:Courtney said in her book she was asked as an alternate for DWTS in case anyone got hurt but she dropped out because Ben told her she wouldn't have a fiance if she did it.

That would have been my first clue and opportunity to split. Rolling Eyes I like Ben I just didn't think they were ever a match.

ETA: whoa way in the wrong thread.

Edited..

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:32 pm

bluwavz wrote:Courtney said in her book she was asked as an alternate for DWTS in case anyone got hurt but she dropped out because Ben told her she wouldn't have a fiance if she did it.

I read the book, but I didn't remember that specifically. That's crazy good memory! I do remember her saying she got 125k just for week one, which was a future downpayment, and she thought Ben was jealous of the opportunities she was getting. I also remember her talking about being offered Couples Therapy, which paid 70k each (or for both? I don't remember) and she didn't even bring it up with Ben, because she knew he didn't want to do that either. That actually made me like Ben a little bit, because it showed that he had a modicum of integrity.

I also wonder if an F1 will ever get asked to do DWTS again. I feel like that would create so many jealousy issues with the lead wondering why he/she didn't asked but their fiancé did.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:45 pm

chasingpavements wrote:

I read the book, but I didn't remember that specifically. That's crazy good memory! I do remember her saying she got 125k just for week one, which was a future downpayment, and she thought Ben was jealous of the opportunities she was getting. I also remember her talking about being offered Couples Therapy, which paid 70k each (or for both? I don't remember) and she didn't even bring it up with Ben, because she knew he didn't want to do that either. That actually made me like Ben a little bit, because it showed that he had a modicum of integrity.

I also wonder if an F1 will ever get asked to do DWTS again. I feel like that would create so many jealousy issues with the lead wondering why he/she didn't asked but their fiancé did.

Haha, I have her book so I just flipped through it because I remembered her saying something about being offered DWTS. That's correct on 125K for week one and she said she would've gotten 30K for every week she made it through. It was 50K each for Couples Therapy.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass