SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 17 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 pm

chasingpavements wrote:Like I said before, Jillian has said she was offered, but she said no. I agree that TPTB aren't fans of Kaitlyn, but like I said, I don't think they were fans of Jake and completely threw his f1 under the bus. If you believe Courtney, she was asked as an alternate: also not a Tptb favorite and someone who was thrown under the bus in terms of edit.

I don't know if Kaitlyn was in serious consideration or not, but I think it would be silly of me to be 100% confident that she wasn't just because I don't like her.

IMO.
Jake never spoiled his own season when there was a deliberate foiler out.
It's one thing to get a negative edit.
It's another thing for the lead to spoil their own season with a video in bed with with their F1 when the foiler is K chose no one.
That's the reason ABC was so upset as Jimmy Kimmel said.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by emusha Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Linds911 wrote:What Kaitlyn said about DWTS is that she couldn't say yes or no for awhile. Then a couple weeks ago it was that she had heard from them but still couldn't give an answer. Then when she & Shawn did an radio interview they asked her about it and she said "she was in talks but something happened because of her contract" and left it at that.
thx for the info -- what i'm wondering is if they kept their options and plans open till they heard back definitely about dwts. then dwts was no longer an option and now they're starting to think about plans again. I believe their plan was to first go to vancouver, then nashville then work on on making plans.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:14 pm

She went from saying she wants to be on DWTS and she was pretty confident she can win it. To something happened with her contract. What "happened" was IMO she blew it. Why would ABC have her on DWTS when they had a mega foiler in the works and she just couldn't put her phone down which resulted in all their hard work going down the drain. The last 7 minutes they had on ATFR was their last IMO.

It has nothing to do with Trista being the last female lead, or whether I like her or not. She is not considered valuable to anyone. Like I said in other posts, I don't care that they behave like they are in their late teens, that's their choice. However they shouldn't expect offers such as DWTS or any other major contract. If she was valuable, she would be involved in something by now. It has nothing to do with being a female but everything to do with behaviour. They are not business savy in the least. Just the way I see it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:22 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Like I said before, Jillian has said she was offered, but she said no. I agree that TPTB aren't fans of Kaitlyn, but like I said, I don't think they were fans of Jake and completely threw his f1 under the bus. If you believe Courtney, she was asked as an alternate: also not a Tptb favorite and someone who was thrown under the bus in terms of edit.

I don't know if Kaitlyn was in serious consideration or not, but I think it would be silly of me to be 100% confident that she wasn't just because I don't like her.

IMO.
Jake never spoiled his own season when there was a deliberate foiler out.
It's one thing to get a negative edit.
It's another thing for the lead to spoil their own season with a video in bed with with their F1 when the foiler is K chose no one.
That's the reason ABC was so upset as Jimmy Kimmel said.

I've always believed that Abc just cares about ratings and Kaitlyn got the highest ratings since Emily's season. I'm sure they weren't happy, but I don't think it's enough to not get her DWTS, since Nick spoiled andi's season and got all sorts of perks, Brad had that picture of Ricky's drawing on his fridge, Jef had pictures that were geotagged proving he was F1, and Had Josh in her snapchat favorites, etc. Sean flew Catherine into Dallas and went to the movies with her and just got lucky he wasn't caught. heck, CH even spoiled Travis's season back in the day, saying it was crazy he traveled the world to end up with someone next door. I really don't think it's THAT big of a deal. If it was, those people blogs would have looked a LOT different. Jmo. 

And, JK still claims he and his wife pick out the the top 4 by themselves and just miraculously getting right every single time. He also said he would be devasted if Kaitlyn/Shawn broke up. He's a talk-show host. He exaggerates and lies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarahjoh5 Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:07 am

chasingpavements wrote:
I've always believed that Abc just cares about ratings and Kaitlyn got the highest ratings since Emily's season. I'm sure they weren't happy, but I don't think it's enough to not get her DWTS, since Nick spoiled andi's season and got all sorts of perks, Brad had that picture of Ricky's drawing on his fridge, Jef had pictures that were geotagged proving he was F1, and Had Josh in her snapchat favorites, etc. Sean flew Catherine into Dallas and went to the movies with her and just got lucky he wasn't caught. heck, CH even spoiled Travis's season back in the day, saying it was crazy he traveled the world to end up with someone next door. I really don't think it's THAT big of a deal. If it was, those people blogs would have looked a LOT different. Jmo. 

And, JK still claims he and his wife pick out the the top 4 by themselves and just miraculously getting right every single time. He also said he would be devasted if Kaitlyn/Shawn broke up. He's a talk-show host. He exaggerates and lies!

I totally agree! I don't think it matters if they like her personally or if she spoiled the season, I think they only care about ratings....and her ratings were good.

IMO there is a story behind the DWTS situation. On her periscope the weekend before the DWTS cast was announced, it sounded like she was in discussions with DWTS and it was a real possibility. Then a few days after the DWTS cast was announced, she was on radio show in Canada where she strongly implied she couldn't do DWTS because of a contractual commitment, saying she was in a contract she "couldn't get out of." Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

I wonder if Kaitlyn and Nick's DWTS situations are related at all. It seems funny that both of them thought they were going to be on the show the weekend before the cast was announced, and then both were not announced 2 days later. This might be far fetched, but I wonder if there is any chance that DWTS either wanted them both on the show or neither of them?? Or maybe they both had Bachelorette related contractual obligations that prevented them from being on the show?

Sarahjoh5

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:19 am

^There is no clause in the Bachelor/ette contract that prohibits contestants from being on DWTS. This is all evidenced by the fact 5 different members of the franchise have been on at least one season. And if we are to believe others, several other contestants/leads were offered/in talks.

I think at best she was an alternate and since no one got hurt or backed out last minute, she didn't get the gig.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 17 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 17 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 17 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:26 am

IMO, the rating has NOTHING to do with Kaitlyn being the lead that people like to watch her on TV every Mondays, it was more about the Nick/sex drama.

So I really don't think she was ever a serious consideration for DWTS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:29 am

What I get is, Kaitlyn changed her tune after Nick's name was out in the air. She changed from saying she was not approached (something to the effect) to saying she was not able to do it because of some so-called "contractual issue"?

That's so funny, sounds to me the girl wanted to save face. giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:35 am

Really, ABC/TPTB whatever you want to call 'em did not even offer the couple a robe. Didn't offer them a trip. Didn't offer them a cow. Didn't offer them a tent. I'm not seeing a lot of media rounds or -----anything farmed out with TPTB's help.
But they were going to offer K DWTS.
OK I got a bridge to sell.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:39 am

It seems very obvious that Kaitlyn and Shawn are not on good terms with TPTB.  They themselves have intimated this.  I really think the DWTS lack of offer had a lot to do with all the unstable behavior and lack of respect for following TPTB rules during the filming of the Bachelorette.  The snapchat, "bad edit," 7 minutes of airtime on ATFR and the brief phone call on AP are more than enough to convince me of this. Their early post season behavior was so much about partying and not about being appreciative to TPTB.  Both shows are on ABC and I am certain the powers that be talk to each other about potential Bachelor Franchise options.  DWTS does not want drama from their cast.  If you bite the hand that feeds you, you will not be rewarded.  JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:56 am

Kashathediva wrote:Really, ABC/TPTB whatever you want to call 'em did not even offer the couple a robe. Didn't offer them a trip. Didn't offer them a cow. Didn't offer them a tent. I'm not seeing a lot of media rounds or -----anything farmed out with TPTB's help.
:claphands Exactly.
And the only thing TPTB/ABC seemed to offer this couple during the show, on ATFR, and even in post-follow up interviews (and DWTS articles) was Nick.
Farmer Chris got a cow, K&S got Nick
Enough said.

jmho
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:05 am

Kashathediva wrote:Really, ABC/TPTB whatever you want to call 'em did not even offer the couple a robe. Didn't offer them a trip. Didn't offer them a cow. Didn't offer them a tent. I'm not seeing a lot of media rounds or -----anything farmed out with TPTB's help.

Have they been doing that lately? Even the cow was from Jimmy Kimmel. The last present I remember was from Ali/Roberto's season. They just did one for BIP, but I honestly don't remember any for Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney, Emily/Jef, Sean/Catherine, Des/Chris, JP/Nikki, or Andi/Josh. I might just not remember though!

If you believe Courtney (and her book was obviously reviewed by TPTB before publication), she was offered a spot as an alternative on DWTS. And, they made it their goal to make her cry on both MTA and ATFR. Jake was offered it and Vienna was probably the first F1 in Bachelor history to get THAT bad of an edit, so I doubt they loved him. I just don't buy in this relationship between "loving leads" and offering DWTS. I think they pick the cast that is the most exciting and will get the best ratings. I doubt anyone there is a fan of racist ole Paula Deen, for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass