SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by umngirl Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:37 pm

Admittedly, I don't follow either of them so the information I have is from reading this forum. My biggest issue with them is how they deal with people on social media. There are plenty of ways to respond to negativity and "those who are not fans" without lashing out and being mean right back. I wish they would do more of that.

Again, I don't follow them so excuse the stupid question. But, do either of them have a direction in terms of jobs? Is their plan to simply live off the promo stuff?

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Linds911 Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 pm

emusha wrote:I get the sense that K adapts to the relationship she's in -- she's a go with the flow, live-in-the-moment person. I see how shawn fits in with her current/previous lifestyle seamlessly but it seems that both of them need a relationship that can help challenge them to grow. I haven't been following them but I don't know if I see this from them.
The irony is the similarity between Andi and Josh --- Kaitlyn and Shawn when it comes to whether or not they are ultimately bring out the best in each other and helping each other grow. The common denominator in these scenarios being Nick who is someone who very focused on finding a relationship that can help him and his partner grow is quite comical to be honest...
JMHO

Per the bolded: I agree that there are some similarities because of the whole Nick thing but K&S are in different parts of their relationship then Andi & Josh ever were in theirs. To me it seems Shawn forgave Kaitlyn for sleeping with Nick, mostly because they rarely bring him up in their SM and it helps that they aren't doing a lot of interviews where Nick will be brought up, just focusing on the two of them. It also helps that Kaitlyn wanted to tell Shawn and only him that way he didn't see it while show was airing was able to just focus on the 2 of them from there out. Where Josh said Andi told him before but seems that he never got over the embarrassment that it did for his family & getting asked about it all the time.

Kaitlyn & Shawn have no issues with either family members where A&J obviously did. K&S are bringing up wedding stuff when they get asked about it on Periscope but don't make set plans, have already taken engagement photos where A&J did nothing wedding despite going to the Kleinfield Bridal show and making up things (spring/summer, we've looked at cakes or whatever was said when asked during the premiere, which was just for "show" obviously). Andi and Josh never went on vacations together, except for Mexico while Andi's season was airing which was thanks to TPTB, while Kaitlyn/Shawn are currently on a fishing trip and a possible trip to Hawaii in December. K&S are perfectly okay with bantering back and forth, getting each other rilled up but they just laugh it off or end their fights quickly, where Andi and Josh had more jabs that the other didn't agree. The whole blonde thing UGH ;). Andi & Josh did stuff for charity, K&S have not yet but they do have a Halloween charity event next month. There is way more I can say but this is already getting too long! After following Andi and Josh all those months being in the bubble, I just see lots of differences in Kaitlyn & Shawn that is better to me knowing that they could/will settle down. I will be prepared this time if they were to break-up though! ;) All IMO of course. Smiley

Think their plan is to settle in Nashville/Van later this month and see what happens in terms of starting jobs again.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 1f49c

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 8367-910 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 I_got_13 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 E5kqdm15 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:14 pm

[quote="Linds911"]
emusha wrote:I get the sense that K adapts to the relationship she's in -- she's a go with the flow, live-in-the-moment person. I see how shawn fits in with her current/previous lifestyle seamlessly but it seems that both of them need a relationship that can help challenge them to grow. I haven't been following them but I don't know if I see this from them.
The irony is the similarity between Andi and Josh --- Kaitlyn and Shawn when it comes to whether or not they are ultimately bring out the best in each other and helping each other grow. The common denominator in these scenarios being Nick who is someone who very focused on finding a relationship that can help him and his partner grow is quite comical to be honest...
JMHO

Per the bolded: I agree that there are some similarities because of the whole Nick thing but K&S are in different parts of their relationship then Andi & Josh ever were in theirs. To me it seems Shawn forgave Kaitlyn for sleeping with Nick, mostly because they rarely bring him up in their SM and it helps that they aren't doing a lot of interviews where Nick will be brought up, just focusing on the two of them. It also helps that Kaitlyn wanted to tell Shawn and only him that way he didn't see it while show was airing was able to just focus on the 2 of them from there out. Where Josh said Andi told him before but seems that he never got over the embarrassment that it did for his family & getting asked about it all the time.

Kaitlyn & Shawn have no issues with either family members where A&J obviously did. K&S are bringing up wedding stuff when they get asked about it on Periscope but don't make set plans, have already taken engagement photos where A&J did nothing wedding despite going to the Kleinfield Bridal show and making up things (spring/summer, we've looked at cakes or whatever was said when asked during the premiere, which was just for "show" obviously). Andi and Josh never went on vacations together, except for Mexico while Andi's season was airing which was thanks to TPTB, while Kaitlyn/Shawn are currently on a fishing trip and a possible trip to Hawaii in December. K&S are perfectly okay with bantering back and forth, getting each other rilled up but they just laugh it off or end their fights quickly, where Andi and Josh had more jabs that the other didn't agree. The whole blonde thing UGH ;). Andi & Josh did stuff for charity, K&S have not yet but they do have a Halloween charity event next month. There is way more I can say but this is already getting too long! After following Andi and Josh all those months being in the bubble, I just see lots of differences in Kaitlyn & Shawn that is better to me knowing that they could/will settle down. I will be prepared this time if they were to break-up though! ;) All IMO of course. Smiley

Think their plan is to settle in Nashville/Van later this month and see what happens in terms of starting jobs again. [/quote

Good job summing things up Linds. Since I did not follow J and A, it's interesting to see where their differences lie. As with any of these couples, time will tell. They do seem happy right now.

Regarding Nick and his relationship goals, until we see him in an actual relationship, we have no idea how different his relationship would be.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Wishing them the best and I hope your optimism is spot on!!
I hope Shawn will help bring out the happy, softer, sweeter side of K on social media - make her feel loved and cared for...the parts of her we saw a lot of before the show.
I believe negative media attention is very hard on a couple regardless of the situation so I hope they are able to not get caught up in that but support each other to focus on the best things about each other. I also think financial and lifestyle instability is not something too fun to experience at the very beginning of a relationship because big decisions need to be made even if they had some amount of cash they got from K's stint on the show etc.
I didn't like the comment from shawn on IG ranting and raving and also K's reaction to the fans. The snarkiness also cannot be too good on such a consistent basis. K always said she liked guys who brought out her softer side... I hope they each help each other focus on the positive things and help each other bring out great things in each other and that they focus on the love between them rather than the negativity, anger etc.
I see the similarity between andi and josh and K&S also when it comes to their post-show "what are we going to do" scenario i.e. andi was sitting at home not doing much when josh was trying to get into a new gig with the promotion stuff. a lot of the 'stable' couples are very deliberate about making decisions and life plans and building on the foundation of the life together. I think the fame and attention can get to your head in one way or another with this show making u think your previous life is not worth going back to any more (e.g. shawn going back to insurance sales or personal trainer etc.)

Anyways as always on this show time will tell and regardless -- it'll be a huge learning experience. The sad thing I anticipate if this couple breaks up is that things might get heated and fiesty in the way things got heated between andi and josh. in some ways when the passion is that hot that quickly things can get pretty volatile...(as we saw with shawn's behavior on the show)
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Linds911 wrote:
JMHO

Think their plan is to settle in Nashville/Van later this month and see what happens in terms of starting jobs again.

Unless TPTB got Kaitlyn a green card, I find it hard to believe she can get a job in the USA, unless it is under the table.  Now maybe she can start her own business then it would be okay not sure of the rules in that case.  Most of you could all answer that better than I.  I think that maybe TPTB can get her a temporary one while she is filming her show and maybe because it is a one time thing it is allowed.  From my take of her Mom and her Step Dad, they don't live in the USA full time, probably like the snowbirds do.  Unless she can get a fiancee one like the 90 Day Fiance

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 pm

If they are looking to settle in Vancouver then Shawn wont be able to work for a while, he will need a visa, which will take months and because they are not married will take longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:19 pm

They have said ideally their plan is to settle in Nashville and go back to Vancouver in the summer(s) and holiday times.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 1f49c

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 8367-910 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 I_got_13 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 E5kqdm15 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 13 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Linds911 wrote:
JMHO

I think the similarity Emusha mean is the dynamic as a couple and how they grow together, not so much about each of their personalities.

And I too think K&S are as immautre as A&J, as in they continue to allow their partners to be the worst of them and constantly bring negativity to the light. The "love" in these 2 couples never brought out the best of these four, they don't seem to think of being a better person individually or as a couple.

This is also the reason why I dont see true love in these 2 couples. Doesn't mean they faked the relationship (although I think A&J did fake it for so long), but when the love is true, you see how the couple grows together. Yes, the two B'ette may have chosen the best fit, but only best as "partner in crime", "drinking buddy". They chose who they are comfortable to be with, but that doesn't neccessary mean love, or they love in highschool style.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 pm

I think who Kaitlyn and Shawn are is pretty self-evident.
They are both self-absorbed people who go through life without much concern for anyone but themselves.

They both have had the exact same amount of time as others to use their platform to raise awareness for charitable causes that have some meaning and promote those for the greater good and they haven't bothered to do so.

Case in point:
Kaitlyn and Shawn have more than double SM followers of Ben H and Nick combined and yet both those guys have managed to use their SM platform for causes/charities since the show finished airing.

Kaitlyn and Shawn just seem to promote alcohol and whatever else that is meaningless when it comes to using their platform for the greater good -- unless one considers promoting alcohol, tanning lotion, hair product, candles, and so on a greater good than raising awareness for children in need and domestic violence victims.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 pm

bluwavz wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
Brill wrote:

In regards to the bolded, I don't remember any photo of Janner showing themselves together that gave away the ending. no idea  Now I don't follow them religiously but showing a location that might or might not show it is Kansas, is not spoiling the season to all the fans.  Maybe on here, where the sleuthers are, is one thing, but not putting it out there like Kaitlyn did with a picture of her and Shawn in bed.    Now for someone that has supposedly followed this show, Kaitlyn should have known better and then not only letting the cat out of the bag once but as many times as she wanted too!!!  Maybe she felt she had to do that to appease her fiancé, I don't know, but they will get the wrath from TPTB!!!  So she has no one to blame but herself!! IMO of course.  You snub TPTB you get what you get!!  They are not your buddies!!!  IMO they didn't even get as many interviews as usual. :yes:  Maybe that is why they seem to have a chip on their shoulders, with their snarkyness.... no idea
I agree with you that jade's little mistakes didn't compare to Kaitlyn's and, again, BIP is much less important in terms of spoilers.

I still don't think that was the only reason. I mean, Nick was the first person to really spoil the show in an indisputable way and in exchange he got the majority of screw time on both atfr, access to his phone during filming, a pretty good edit the second time around, permission to do interviews, support for DWTS, etc.

ROFL. I seem to remember Nick getting the majority of screw time as well!
What a fitting Freudian auto-correct, haha. He has gotten the most screen AND screw time, I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 pm

I actually dont mind what these people choose to share in the SM platform, but I do dislike how K&S got annoyed by viewers given it is themselves who choose to be sm addict.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Linds911 wrote:They have said ideally their plan is to settle in Nashville and go back to Vancouver in the summer(s) and holiday times.

If so then Kaitlyn will need a visa also and that takes longer even if she gets married in the states it will take up to a year. I know this because a relative of mine got married there and that was how long she took to get her visa. Her husband was a US citizen and it did not matter. Unless fleiss has a show for her to do then that is how it will play out. She will not be able to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass