SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Brill wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
isittrue wrote:I still like K and S and follow along what they are doing in the fan forum but I do think I have to agree with Agent Curls when I say that I liked them more during the season even with all their angst than I do now. I really got pulled in by their love story and despite all the distractions, I was really excited they overcame them to be together.  I think what we see on our tv screens is often different than reality.  I do think that TPTB has not been behind them and reading about the fuss they made over Tanner and Jade (I did not watch BIP so I am neutral on this coupling) only confirms it.  Like the years before the ATFR and its aftermath has been somewhat of a letdown and makes it hard to get excited about a couple.  I do hope they last and will continue to follow what they are up to.  

I think I learned my lesson after last season when  fangirled someone a little much Smiley
Former Nick fans unite! I think that's who you're talking about, right? 

I agree that they seem to love janner, who also spoiled their ending about 12 times (jade periscoping from Kansas City with the location showing, taking a pic in tanners backyard that he had already IG-Ed, saying Tanner says hi in a periscope with the girls, etc). I know that spoiler-keeping is a much smaller deal on BIP than bachelorette, but it just indicates to me that SC wasn't the only reason TPTB haven't seem to shown k/s love. 

Do you all still feel like their relationship with each other is strong? They seemed very much in love in the few SCs I've seen since the show ended.

In regards to the bolded, I don't remember any photo of Janner showing themselves together that gave away the ending. no idea  Now I don't follow them religiously but showing a location that might or might not show it is Kansas, is not spoiling the season to all the fans.  Maybe on here, where the sleuthers are, is one thing, but not putting it out there like Kaitlyn did with a picture of her and Shawn in bed.    Now for someone that has supposedly followed this show, Kaitlyn should have known better and then not only letting the cat out of the bag once but as many times as she wanted too!!!  Maybe she felt she had to do that to appease her fiancé, I don't know, but they will get the wrath from TPTB!!!  So she has no one to blame but herself!! IMO of course.  You snub TPTB you get what you get!!  They are not your buddies!!!  IMO they didn't even get as many interviews as usual. :yes:  Maybe that is why they seem to have a chip on their shoulders, with their snarkyness.... no idea
I agree with you that jade's little mistakes didn't compare to Kaitlyn's and, again, BIP is much less important in terms of spoilers.

I still don't think that was the only reason. I mean, Nick was the first person to really spoil the show in an indisputable way and in exchange he got the majority of screw time on both atfr, access to his phone during filming, a pretty good edit the second time around, permission to do interviews, support for DWTS, etc.

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Brill Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:38 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Brill wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

I agree that they seem to love janner, who also spoiled their ending about 12 times (jade periscoping from Kansas City with the location showing, taking a pic in tanners backyard that he had already IG-Ed, saying Tanner says hi in a periscope with the girls, etc). I know that spoiler-keeping is a much smaller deal on BIP than bachelorette, but it just indicates to me that SC wasn't the only reason TPTB haven't seem to shown k/s love. 

Do you all still feel like their relationship with each other is strong? They seemed very much in love in the few SCs I've seen since the show ended.

In regards to the bolded, I don't remember any photo of Janner showing themselves together that gave away the ending. no idea  Now I don't follow them religiously but showing a location that might or might not show it is Kansas, is not spoiling the season to all the fans.  Maybe on here, where the sleuthers are, is one thing, but not putting it out there like Kaitlyn did with a picture of her and Shawn in bed.    Now for someone that has supposedly followed this show, Kaitlyn should have known better and then not only letting the cat out of the bag once but as many times as she wanted too!!!  Maybe she felt she had to do that to appease her fiancé, I don't know, but they will get the wrath from TPTB!!!  So she has no one to blame but herself!! IMO of course.  You snub TPTB you get what you get!!  They are not your buddies!!!  IMO they didn't even get as many interviews as usual. :yes:  Maybe that is why they seem to have a chip on their shoulders, with their snarkyness.... no idea
I agree with you that jade's little mistakes didn't compare to Kaitlyn's and, again, BIP is much less important in terms of spoilers.

I still don't think that was the only reason. I mean, Nick was the first person to really spoil the show in an indisputable way and in exchange he got the majority of screw time on both atfr, access to his phone during filming, a pretty good edit the second time around, permission to do interviews, support for DWTS, etc.

This is exactly why Kaitlyn should have known better. Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 12 2498057887

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 12 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Alanna wrote:I think Kait has never had to deal with criticism and doesn't know how to handle it. She's extremely likeable (in general, not to everyone of course) because she's fun, pretty but not super model gorgeous, and is just a happy, funny/silly person. Also, when you see her mom, it really makes sense why/how she is the way she is imo. All of Kait's behavior is very much applauded by her mom and stepdad, for better or worse, so I think she handles any criticism in a cold/confused manner because she's not used to it.

Aside from that, she and Shawn seem extremely happy and joyful and in love (to me). I personally love watching them together and they seem to understand each other perfectly and be on the same page regarding pretty much everything from what I've seen.

I think you described perfectly what her problem is. She's used to being liked and her parents seem to adore her no matter what she does. I think she's also been spoiled double like many kids whose parents are divorced. I'd imagine she's got away with a lot all her life and then she was the fan favourite during Chris's season too. I guess she figured she could do whatever she wants and still remain liked, but it doesn't really work that way. It's pretty clear that TPTB don't like her and Shawn much. It's not hard to see why, since she was sneaking around making a mess of things with no cameras to capture it, then spoiled the season and has since complained about their love story being hidden. Shawn was also acting like a diva during filming, throwing hissy fits and constantly wanting to talk to her. He's also complained about the edit he got. I don't think either of them are smart enough to realize how they've alienated the ABC execs (and many fans) with their own behaviour.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:03 pm

For people who follow them, I am curious to know if they promote some causes they both embrace and support? Even I am not a fan of Andi & Josh, I remember them showing up at some charity events. I mean, considering K has more than 1 million follower on IG, she has such a platform to promote something she believes in and I am sure will make her more likeable.
Calling people who post negatively on their sm stupid and a$$hole is not anti cyber bulling, imo, and really contradicts what she claimed in MTA.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:34 pm

I wish she would use her newfound celebrity more for the greater good. She does seem to spend a lot of time sifting through and drawing attention to negativity against her instead of using that energy for a more worthy cause, even to spread more positive messages.

Sadly, and this is coming from someone who spent a lot of time and energy making video tributes of this couple,  I am not getting major hits on you tube for these because:
1) maybe the vids are not to people's taste
2) people are just not that interested in thier love story
3) a combo of both.
Even my Des/Brooks videos have gotten better hits even though she wound up marrying someone else! (Ok, sorry for this little pity party) !

Looking back, the way they both treated Nick during and post-show was also a bit of a let down. Shawn's smugness when on the couch with a (kind of) olive-branch-extending Nick on ATFR, after he had already won his girl was also very off-putting and not very mature.
I hope they both grow together and bring out more positive characteristics in one another moving forward.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:59 pm

I don't think it's your vids AC. I have seen them and they are lovely.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Your vids are awesome, Agent! I think most fans who would watch the vids normally just skew conservative (I don't mean in a derogatory way) and don't believe in a love story where the woman had sex with another guy, and we actually saw/heard it. It is what it is. Kaitlyn should have known this would happen and did it anyway.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:06 pm

I think it could be several couple related issues and several issues related to them each as people and then combined as a couple, if that makes sense. LOL
I honestly did not consider the issue you brought up, Alanna. Could be. That never bothered me personally.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:13 pm

agentcurls wrote:I wish she would use her newfound celebrity more for the greater good. She does seem to spend a lot of time sifting through and drawing attention to negativity against her instead of using that energy for a more worthy cause, even to spread more positive messages.

Sadly, and this is coming from someone who spent a lot of time and energy making video tributes of this couple,  I am not getting major hits on you tube for these because:
3) a combo of both.
Even my Des/Brooks videos have gotten better hits even though she wound up marrying someone else! (Ok, sorry for this little pity party) !

Looking back, the way they both treated Nick during and post-show was also a bit of a let down. Shawn's smugness when on the couch with a (kind of) olive-branch-extending Nick on ATFR, after he had already won his girl was also very off-putting and not very mature.
I hope they both grow together and bring out more positive characteristics in one another moving forward.

For a long time I thought your username was agentCURTIS until a few weeks ago then I realized it's CURLS! Time to get my eyesight checked

ITA with the bolded part. I don't ask much, even a retweet or a fav on something positive will do for me. (If I've missed, please correct me. I checked her twitter back back to last month but found nothing )There are so many worthy causes out there, they can pick something relevant to them, like drinking responsibly, stop animal cruelty, exercise 30 minutes a day.... unlimited causes.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:04 pm

sdmom wrote:
agentcurls wrote:I wish she would use her newfound celebrity more for the greater good. She does seem to spend a lot of time sifting through and drawing attention to negativity against her instead of using that energy for a more worthy cause, even to spread more positive messages.

3) a combo of both.

For a long time I thought your username was agentCURTIS until a few weeks ago then I realized it's CURLS! Time to get my eyesight checked

ITA with the bolded part. I don't ask much, even a retweet or a fav on something positive will do for me. (If I've missed, please correct me. I checked her twitter back back to last month but found nothing )There are so many worthy causes out there, they can pick something relevant to them, like drinking responsibly, stop animal cruelty, exercise  30 minutes a day....  unlimited causes.

Not much time to promote or do charity work when you are primarily busy being self absorbed and drinking and promoting cr*p for some money on your SM. Oh, and calling out people who post negatively. And I believe they are promoting a winery or something which is actually some perfect synergy...although, beer seems to be Shawn's drink of choice.

I had hopes of her being a fun lead, but that didn't last long. She picked Shawn, who does seem to be the best fit for her. They both seem rather aimless too me right now. I know people are saying that they are working on their relationship and are going around meeting up with family, but how long will that last? I think the show finished filming in May and they had to hide their relationship for a while...not that they did a good job of it...and they will be headed to Nashville soon, but I don't see any plans. Since they enjoy spilling everything on their SM you would think we would have heard something by now. Just seems like a very empty life so far.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:49 pm

I get the sense that K adapts to the relationship she's in -- she's a go with the flow, live-in-the-moment person. I see how shawn fits in with her current/previous lifestyle seamlessly but it seems that both of them need a relationship that can help challenge them to grow. I haven't been following them but I don't know if I see this from them.
The irony is the similarity between Andi and Josh --- Kaitlyn and Shawn when it comes to whether or not they are ultimately bring out the best in each other and helping each other grow. The common denominator in these scenarios being Nick who is someone who very focused on finding a relationship that can help him and his partner grow is quite comical to be honest...
JMHO
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:54 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Brill wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

ROFL. I seem to remember Nick getting the majority of screw time as well!
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass