SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by agentcurls Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:04 pm

chasingpavements wrote:Thanks agent curls! As someone who doesn't follow them on SM, it's cool to get an objective opinion on them post show. I was a huge Kaitlyn fan at the beginning and I saw her become cold and defensive on SM, b/c if the whole Nick thing. I wonder if that side of her is coming out again b/c TPTB show over and over they don't back this couple, she didn't get DWTS, and she feels like fans are being too judgmental of them about their shilling. They might just be angry they are not getting the support they deserve.

I get that. But I view that as a sense of entitlement and it's not very appealing.
And given all of the criticism they have gotten, I would expect them to be all the more graceful with their fans/loyalists.
Jillian & Ali (and other Bach alumni) have also endured sharp criticism but handle it much better, IMO.
Kaitlyn cares a little too much of what everyone thinks of her. I still adore her feistiness and playful side, but she has proved to me that she is quite a young 30 year old. Part of it could be because she has been coddled by her family. It doesn't seem like she has had to deal with much adversity leading up to her Bach experience, and therefore sometimes lacks a strong character (as much as SHE thinks otherwise).
I am really not even sure who Kaitlyn is and so post-show it's very hard for someone like me to feel connected to her and her love story. She is missing the authenticity I thought I saw glimpses of during filming.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 pm

IA agentcurls.

I'm not sure what they feel they should be entitled to and what kind of support they deserve. Her whole season was a showdown between F1/F2, we know of at least one destination that was cancelled, she spoiled her own season. She didn't care post filming how many times she gave away the ending. They gave them what a whole 7 minutes at the ATFR ceremony? Their behaviour post show is that of a couple of kids who are on an endless party. Not everyone thinks they are so cute and so in love while they galavant across country without any mention of future plans. Her smug attitude comes across as entitlement, but the surprise is, not many people care since, there hasn't been any big offers for anything that we know of.

Even Jillian/Ed had a lot of interviews. Bascially IMO no one is interested. IMO it's due to their behaviour. They can have an I don't care attitude, that's fine, but I don't think they should expect anything in return for representing TB franchise in that manner.

Everyone has a choice to live their life in the manner they see fit, and I'm glad they are happy, just not my choice of lifestyle if I were in her shoes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:21 pm

AC, that's the reason why I turned from TeamKait to dislike K much. Not that I'm a Nick fan, more because I saw a glimpse of her true personality during the MTA. when she challenged the guys "I dare you not make mistake when you are dating 25 guys at the same time", I saw an entitled brat who never want to be a better person and could not take opinions. Her attitude post season is always "I live in the moment and it's none of your business, you should just shut up and f off".

I agree that I don't know which is the true K. The cool chic we saw in CS' season? Or the entitled brat now? And I don't know if this entitled brat the real her, or Shawn brings out the worst if her.

I have always say this, this couple doesn't look someone who are so madly and truly in love. They got annoyed so easily, seems like they are always on the edge. Maybe too much party and alcohol?

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:27 pm

I still like K and S and follow along what they are doing in the fan forum but I do think I have to agree with Agent Curls when I say that I liked them more during the season even with all their angst than I do now. I really got pulled in by their love story and despite all the distractions, I was really excited they overcame them to be together. I think what we see on our tv screens is often different than reality. I do think that TPTB has not been behind them and reading about the fuss they made over Tanner and Jade (I did not watch BIP so I am neutral on this coupling) only confirms it. Like the years before the ATFR and its aftermath has been somewhat of a letdown and makes it hard to get excited about a couple. I do hope they last and will continue to follow what they are up to.

I think I learned my lesson after last season when fangirled someone a little much Smiley

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

bleuberry wrote:Someone refresh my memory, what kinds of things do they do to 'back' couples? It feels like the show really doesn't care anymore, or isn't trying to pretend to care as much as they used to. It's been feeling that way for a few years now, at least since the Lowes were married.
I don't even know! I just know that many k/s fans and non-fans have said that. Maybe it's little things like that poll on after paradise, not inviting them to be guests on after paradise, giving them 7 minutes of screen time on atfr, not making DWTS happen, etc. I just got the vibe they are not liked by them, but I don't have any concrete proof! 
agent curls wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Thanks agent curls! As someone who doesn't follow them on SM, it's cool to get an objective opinion on them post show. I was a huge Kaitlyn fan at the beginning and I saw her become cold and defensive on SM, b/c if the whole Nick thing. I wonder if that side of her is coming out again b/c TPTB show over and over they don't back this couple, she didn't get DWTS, and she feels like fans are being too judgmental of them about their shilling. They might just be angry they are not getting the support they deserve.

I get that. But I view that as a sense of entitlement and it's not very appealing.
And given all of the criticism they have gotten, I would expect them to be all the more graceful with their fans/loyalists.
Jillian & Ali (and other Bach alumni) have also endured sharp criticism but handle it much better, IMO.
Kaitlyn cares a little too much of what everyone thinks of her. I still adore her feistiness and playful side, but she has proved to me that she is quite a young 30 year old. Part of it could be because she has been coddled by her family. It doesn't seem like she has had to deal with much adversity leading up to her Bach experience, and therefore sometimes lacks a strong character (as much as SHE thinks otherwise).
I am really not even sure who Kaitlyn is and so post-show it's very hard for someone like me to feel connected to her and her love story. She is missing the authenticity I thought I saw glimpses of during filming.
I completely agree. I think that's actually why I stopped being a fan half-way during the season. I did feel as she came off entitled to unconditional support and love from fans. I'm no longer a Nick fan, but the fact that she went from saying ily to him to rolling her eyes at him at the atfr? It just put out this vibe of "uh, I don't want to be bothered by your feelings" which made her seem selfish and cold. It's the same thing when she attacked her followers when they dare to question her shilling products. 

I'll catch one of her snaps now and then and remember why I liked her so much, but I just think she has some growing up to do and a lesson in compassion and thinking before acting. 

(Jmo)

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:36 pm

I wonder if it's just too much SM exposure? I'm just kind of over it and checking in to see what they're up to occasionally. I don't dislike them and hope they do make it though.

I thought RS said something along those lines too, about the show not caring for them.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 11 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:38 pm

isittrue wrote:I still like K and S and follow along what they are doing in the fan forum but I do think I have to agree with Agent Curls when I say that I liked them more during the season even with all their angst than I do now. I really got pulled in by their love story and despite all the distractions, I was really excited they overcame them to be together.  I think what we see on our tv screens is often different than reality.  I do think that TPTB has not been behind them and reading about the fuss they made over Tanner and Jade (I did not watch BIP so I am neutral on this coupling) only confirms it.  Like the years before the ATFR and its aftermath has been somewhat of a letdown and makes it hard to get excited about a couple.  I do hope they last and will continue to follow what they are up to.  

I think I learned my lesson after last season when  fangirled someone a little much Smiley
Former Nick fans unite! I think that's who you're talking about, right? 

I agree that they seem to love janner, who also spoiled their ending about 12 times (jade periscoping from Kansas City with the location showing, taking a pic in tanners backyard that he had already IG-Ed, saying Tanner says hi in a periscope with the girls, etc). I know that spoiler-keeping is a much smaller deal on BIP than bachelorette, but it just indicates to me that SC wasn't the only reason TPTB haven't seem to shown k/s love. 

Do you all still feel like their relationship with each other is strong? They seemed very much in love in the few SCs I've seen since the show ended.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:49 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
isittrue wrote:I still like K and S and follow along what they are doing in the fan forum but I do think I have to agree with Agent Curls when I say that I liked them more during the season even with all their angst than I do now. I really got pulled in by their love story and despite all the distractions, I was really excited they overcame them to be together.  I think what we see on our tv screens is often different than reality.  I do think that TPTB has not been behind them and reading about the fuss they made over Tanner and Jade (I did not watch BIP so I am neutral on this coupling) only confirms it.  Like the years before the ATFR and its aftermath has been somewhat of a letdown and makes it hard to get excited about a couple.  I do hope they last and will continue to follow what they are up to.  

I think I learned my lesson after last season when  fangirled someone a little much Smiley

I agree that they seem to love janner, who also spoiled their ending about 12 times (jade periscoping from Kansas City with the location showing, taking a pic in tanners backyard that he had already IG-Ed, saying Tanner says hi in a periscope with the girls, etc). I know that spoiler-keeping is a much smaller deal on BIP than bachelorette, but it just indicates to me that SC wasn't the only reason TPTB haven't seem to shown k/s love. 

Do you all still feel like their relationship with each other is strong? They seemed very much in love in the few SCs I've seen since the show ended.

Regarding bold: :yes: giggling

Anyway, yes I do feel like K and S are still strong as a couple and do seem to really love one another. They seem to have an easy, comfortable rapport with each other although an occasional poster on their IG's will accuse them of faking it - I don't think they are at all. I do think their feelings are genuine and am interested in seeing how they do in Nashville when they head there this month. I do think once they really get a taste of real life, people can get a better sense of whether or not they will last. I do not anticipate a wedding for awhile, not because I doubt their relationship, but because I just don't a sense of urgency from either one to tie the knot and settle down. As long as they are on the same page, then they should be fine.

They have been off SM for a few days so maybe the break will do them and their fans good.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:15 pm

I think Kait has never had to deal with criticism and doesn't know how to handle it. She's extremely likeable (in general, not to everyone of course) because she's fun, pretty but not super model gorgeous, and is just a happy, funny/silly person. Also, when you see her mom, it really makes sense why/how she is the way she is imo. All of Kait's behavior is very much applauded by her mom and stepdad, for better or worse, so I think she handles any criticism in a cold/confused manner because she's not used to it.

Aside from that, she and Shawn seem extremely happy and joyful and in love (to me). I personally love watching them together and they seem to understand each other perfectly and be on the same page regarding pretty much everything from what I've seen.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Alanna wrote:I think Kait has never had to deal with criticism and doesn't know how to handle it. She's extremely likeable (in general, not to everyone of course) because she's fun, pretty but not super model gorgeous, and is just a happy, funny/silly person. Also, when you see her mom, it really makes sense why/how she is the way she is imo. All of Kait's behavior is very much applauded by her mom and stepdad, for better or worse, so I think she handles any criticism in a cold/confused manner because she's not used to it.

Aside from that, she and Shawn seem extremely happy and joyful and in love (to me). I personally love watching them together and they seem to understand each other perfectly and be on the same page regarding pretty much everything from what I've seen.

Yes plus anyone who meets them comments on how in love they are as well. So I do think they are happy and hope they continue to be a great match.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:23 pm

chasingpavements wrote:

In regards to the bolded, I don't remember any photo of Janner showing themselves together that gave away the ending. no idea  Now I don't follow them religiously but showing a location that might or might not show it is Kansas, is not spoiling the season to all the fans.  Maybe on here, where the sleuthers are, is one thing, but not putting it out there like Kaitlyn did with a picture of her and Shawn in bed.    Now for someone that has supposedly followed this show, Kaitlyn should have known better and then not only letting the cat out of the bag once but as many times as she wanted too!!!  Maybe she felt she had to do that to appease her fiancé, I don't know, but they will get the wrath from TPTB!!!  So she has no one to blame but herself!! IMO of course.  You snub TPTB you get what you get!!  They are not your buddies!!!  IMO they didn't even get as many interviews as usual. :yes:  Maybe that is why they seem to have a chip on their shoulders, with their snarkyness.... no idea

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 11 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Brill wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

In regards to the bolded, I don't remember any photo of Janner showing themselves together that gave away the ending. no idea  Now I don't follow them religiously but showing a location that might or might not show it is Kansas, is not spoiling the season to all the fans.  Maybe on here, where the sleuthers are, is one thing, but not putting it out there like Kaitlyn did with a picture of her and Shawn in bed.    Now for someone that has supposedly followed this show, Kaitlyn should have known better and then not only letting the cat out of the bag once but as many times as she wanted too!!!  Maybe she felt she had to do that to appease her fiancé, I don't know, but they will get the wrath from TPTB!!!  So she has no one to blame but herself!! IMO of course.  You snub TPTB you get what you get!!  They are not your buddies!!!  IMO they didn't even get as many interviews as usual. :yes:  Maybe that is why they seem to have a chip on their shoulders, with their snarkyness.... no idea

They actually did a quite bit of interviews for the first few days following ATFR. In addition, they did a few interviews in Canada including one last week while visiting her father in Leduc.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass