SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by isittrue Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:04 pm

bleuberry wrote:Other than Trista, they've never cast a Bachelorette before right? So I didn't think K's chances were so high.

Yeah I agree. Maybe, they'll ask Ben H. next year after his season since they seem likelier to cast Bachelors more than Bachelorettes.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by sdmom Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 pm

I agree K and S look happily in love and enjoy each other. However, I also thought Jodi would have lasted longer, I didn't think Sean and Des would marry their respective F1....well, that shows how much I know about match made in TV heaven!
I read in a different thread that Entertainment Weekly listed K as one of the summer tv winners. If so, why didn't ABC reward her with DWTS? I don't follow them but from what I read here, K said she'd like to do it, CMIIR. IMO, I still think ABC was mad at them after snapchat gate. Their post show interviews didn't help them much either. I told my husband who doesn't watch or follow this franchise about K's sm responses to negativity, he said that's very immature.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

I don't think ABC/TPTB like them very much, JMO.
Things have been public now for almost 2 months. What show sanctioned gigs they have to show(by this I mean many times the show connects the couple with money making public appearances).
There are indicators if they are favored and I have not seen any. Even JODI got a trip to BIP.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy520 Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm

I said this in another thread, but I think all she meant by saying she was still under contract was that she couldn't say much about what happened with those talks. She wasn't saying she didn't get it because she was under contract.

Also, I don't think maturity or immaturity has anything to do with it. DWTS casts people who aren't very mature all the time... I don't think they care about that.

Mandy520

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 pm

bleuberry wrote:Other than Trista, they've never cast a Bachelorette before right? So I didn't think K's chances were so high.
According to Jillian, she was offered DWTS, but said no. Who knows if that would have even gone through with Ed's scandal at the end of her season. The fact is that zero bachelorettes have been on DWTS directly after their season, so it's really not that surprising. It does suck for bachelorettes, in general. They are the leads of shows watched by ~7 million people, whereas cable stars with less name recognition continue to get cast on the show. I bet Ben will get offered it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I don't think ABC/TPTB like them very much, JMO.
Things have been public now for almost 2 months. What show sanctioned gigs they have to show(by this I mean many times the show connects the couple with money making public appearances).
There are indicators if they are favored and I have not seen any. Even JODI got a trip to BIP.

Agreed. I don't think TPTB are really all that behind them. Guess we will see. Rumor has it that non-BIP people (including one couple ) will be on After Paradise on Monday so we will see if they are invited/attend.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 pm

umngirl wrote:

Agreed. I don't think TPTB are really all that behind them. Guess we will see. Rumor has it that non-BIP people (including one couple ) will be on After Paradise on Monday so we will see if they are invited/attend.

Can I ask where you heard the rumor of the non-BIP folks attending the finale? Shawn alluded to something in the works during their radio interview and it can possibly be as simple as this. I don't think TPTB or S and K like each other either but since they are the current franchise couple tptb may want to parade them out for the finale and I would imagine K and S would probably be contractually obligated to appear.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 pm

isittrue wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Can I ask where you heard the rumor of the non-BIP folks attending the finale?  Shawn alluded to something in the works during their radio interview and it can possibly be as simple as this.  I don't think TPTB or S and K like each other either but since they are the current franchise couple tptb may want to parade them out for the finale and I would imagine K and S would probably be contractually obligated to appear.

Nick Peterson commented to Sean he would see him Monday. Only reason to see him is After Paradise. I can't prove this til the press release goes out tomorrow but it makes perfect sense.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:27 pm

umngirl wrote:
isittrue wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Can I ask where you heard the rumor of the non-BIP folks attending the finale?  Shawn alluded to something in the works during their radio interview and it can possibly be as simple as this.  I don't think TPTB or S and K like each other either but since they are the current franchise couple tptb may want to parade them out for the finale and I would imagine K and S would probably be contractually obligated to appear.

Nick Peterson commented to Sean he would see him Monday. Only reason to see him is After Paradise. I can't prove this til the press release goes out tomorrow but it makes perfect sense.

Ok thanks. So Sean and Cat possibly but nothing concrete on S and K. Guess we will have to see. I think one of the reasons Kaitlyn called into the show the Monday they announced Ben as the Bachelor as opposed to her and Shawn making an appearance was due to the fact Nick was going to be there and I don't think they wanted all the drama of having S, K and N under one roof again. I doubt Nick will be there Monday but not sure about K and S being there either..

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:08 am

I have to say, I don't find them as lovable post-show. Still somewhat likable, but not lovable. I wish they were more warm and gracious with thier fans. I think Shawn is more so, but on snapchat, Twitter, & especially Periscope, they don't really include thier fans much. They don't answer many of the good questions people raise and sometimes I feel K gets annoyed with some and talks down to them. I just don't see the warmth with these two that we have seen with previous couples. K doesn't even greet anyone on these platforms. She barely smiles. Something is missing. If they are trying to sell the products they are pimping out, they need to connect better with thier audience.
I follow some others in these SM platforms and there is a stark contrast between theirs compared to Jillian's, Tenley's, Ali's , etc.
I understand they take a lot of heat and criticism, but they just need to ride those waves and still be more gracious to thier loyalists.
And while I still like these two, it pains me to say this as I startied off as a HUGE K/S supporter, post-show, I wish I was more impressed. I wish we could see more of the sweeter and more congenial side of K. Instead I'm seeing a kind of chilly and defensive one.
I wish them well though and hope they last.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks agent curls! As someone who doesn't follow them on SM, it's cool to get an objective opinion on them post show. I was a huge Kaitlyn fan at the beginning and I saw her become cold and defensive on SM, b/c if the whole Nick thing. I wonder if that side of her is coming out again b/c TPTB show over and over they don't back this couple, she didn't get DWTS, and she feels like fans are being too judgmental of them about their shilling. They might just be angry they are not getting the support they deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Someone refresh my memory, what kinds of things do they do to 'back' couples? It feels like the show really doesn't care anymore, or isn't trying to pretend to care as much as they used to. It's been feeling that way for a few years now, at least since the Lowes were married.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 10 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass