SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

awkward - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:38 pm

happygolucky wrote:So I've tried to be more observant and watched the epi. again ... and here are some "edit twists" that caught my attention:
- in the whole episode Sam doesn't talk about Heather - at all - doesn't comment about her on the GD, doesn't talk in his ITMs - nada (Sam, that's Spanish for "nothing")
- he comments on Sarah, Lana and Nina (I believe he didn't comment on Snezana either - except adding that she's teaching kids Starwars during Heather's part)
- ding, ding, ding, is it the first time we hear Heather say few "compliments" regarding Sam's "passion" ... sexy, hot (I'm sure she said it before, but it felt like this time she's making some mental change of how she sees him)
- Heather practically did commentary for all the girls except Snezana (correct me if I'm wrong)
- at the CP the sitting arrangements of the girls change, but it's too annoying for me to figure out the order ... so IDK who Sam talked to that night ... but the edit didn't show any reassurance or exchange of words (or looks) with Heather ... still she got the 1st rose (after Lana's SD)... not sure if it has any bearing.
- Heather observed him when he walked in at CP ... how he related to Lana in that instant
- I liked Heather's thoughts about him giving the rose to Lana ... how it "hurts" ... I really do wish she would talk to him about that (maybe she did or maybe she will in the next epi.) ... he needs to know when things aren't OK, right with her or when he makes decisions that can hurt someone's feelings ... and if he sends her home after it because he can't handle ... even better (note: I still don't believe that he sends her home)

- I finally figured that it bothers me that Sam hasn't talked with any of the "original girls" about him bringing the 2 new girls onto the "show" ... just the fact that the edit didn't show it (whether he talked about it or not) is making me feel less trustful of his "game".

- and to be all-included, for those who don't see Heather making it to F3 ... it's interesting that she's the one bringing the idea of Lana making it to F4 (and how much it's sucks) and how she's going to trust that she's OK and that Sam sees something in her, until he says otherwise.

- my best part was Heather's recounting Sarah's "coaching nightmare" and her own ... with that last part "I don't know if I nailed it or did I just turn it into a mayhem ... but ...oh well ... ooops"

The fact that was not showed makes Sam looks cold. Just wrote the same thing in the episode discussion thread

Back to top Go down

awkward - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:46 pm

happygolucky wrote:Ladies ... (since we are only ladies here or not? ... would love to "meet" a guy, BTW) ... I need some honest talk ... heart to heart ... please chip in

so ...you've all read my ranting so far... very certain, no doubts ... and then today something happened ... no, I'm not talking about Lana's date, but overall feeling I was left with after watching today's episode (11).
Heather is a star, she shines with her commentaries, she makes us laugh, she creates the positive atmosphere... but maybe it's because it's the first episode where there's absolutely no interaction with Sam ... personal time ... no CP talk ... no head-nods ... that left me wondering...

am I'm being too convinced ... should I be doubting?

Lana doesn't concern me much - and in case she would actually be  F1, I would cancel this show (and not because of Heather, but 10/16 episodes ... it's just too much). What got me thinking is Sam ... and the edit ... I guess I wasn't expecting the complete block-out of the usual "feelings" ... and I guess it's possible there were, but the edit didn't show any.

What do you think of it?

Oh no my solid rock, don't start doubting! I was not impressed by Lana's date and we still hear Heather tell the story and he gave her the first CP rose. (I'm sure they talked at CP but we didn't get to see it) If they don't show any more interaction between H-bomb and Bachman by the end of next week, we can start to doubt. Agreed?! awkward - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman - Page 69 1377737533

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:11 pm

Good ... thanks ... glowworm. yes
I've tried to understand this edit, what are they trying to do with this episode in a positive way for Heather ... and I've come with 2 options:
- if she's not F1, they are using her for the amusement (since not much is funny) and giving her the perfect exposure, so any guy (well, not any, but plenty) will try to pursue her after show (she doesn't need the Bachelorette) ... HA, have I scared you?
- OK, option n°2: she's F1 and they are trying to show us the physical attraction on her side growing (I assume on his side should already be there) ... for the next week we have no preview of their time, but I would guess it starts to move, hopefully escalates during HTD.

AAL ... thanks for your response ... I still view Sam positively and I'm not criticizing him for his choices (yet) because I believe he should be open and exploring, just to understand (and value) what he has (and is going to have at the end) ...and his date with Lana, despite few "idiotic" moments from his part, I actually didn't see him sooo into her as many write (fascinated yes, but not really into her) ... like I've said in Snez's thread, I see bigger connection and interest with Snezana than Lana (I was literally surprised watching).

See2love ... going to read ... but yes, that bugs me ... so if that's what Snezana is bringing up in the next episode I applaud her ... and I wish Heather would do the same (I would assume she would never say "angry" ... but I think it's not going to happen anyway) ... I'm tired with the Batchie put on the pedestal by the girls ... and he has to work a "bit harder" for mine ... seeing Heather swallow after hearing about the "private concert" was ... not fun.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:18 pm

I haven't actually had a chance to watch the latest episode yet as I'm alway tucked up in my bed when the episode airs but I do love reading all your posts first thing in the morning. It actually makes watching the episode more interesting as I'm looking at all the things you have discussed in your posts. yes

As for the fact that there haven't been any screen caps that shows that Heather is definitely in the final 3 - they didn't show any screen caps of Heather's 2nd date with Sam until the night before. In fact, I don't think they showed any screencaps from Heathers epic first date with Sam until it happened. Maybe they are doing this to keep us guessing - I was certainly worried that Heather wasn't going to get her second date!

BTW - notice I've finally got my avatar- only took me 10 months to work out how to get one!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Then I root for option 2! :cutesmile!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Great avatar Katiebelle! I agree with you about the screen caps. But if I don't get to see any interaction next week I join the "Give Heather her own TV-show movement" instead of rooting for wanting her for Sam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:36 pm

Glowworm2 wrote:Great avatar Katiebelle! I agree with you about the screen caps. But if I don't get to see any interaction next week I join the "Give Heather her own TV-show movement" instead of rooting for wanting her for Sam.

Oooooh...... Yes! She'd make a brilliant talk show host!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Katiebelle wrote:As for the fact that there haven't been any screen caps that shows that Heather is definitely in the final 3 - they didn't show any screen caps of Heather's 2nd date with Sam until the night before. In fact, I don't think they showed any screencaps from Heathers epic first date with Sam until it happened. Maybe they are doing this to keep us guessing - I was certainly worried that Heather wasn't going to get her second date!

BTW - notice I've finally got my avatar- only took me 10 months to work out how to get one!
I love your avatar, Katie. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] beatingheart

Great post, too and points.
I admit I am in despair and need some encouragement (I am watching for Heather's story so it is very hard right now).

From the get go, Sam said he is looking for the love of his life in Episode 1 and Heather said the same thing in her intro in Ep 1.
Then, this episode during RC, Sam says he likes the fun and adventure but he is looking for the love of his life and the camera immediately pans to Heather's face (takes place at 43:00 mark on episode).
It's why if Heather is not F1 it is a heartbreaking edit, imo.
And if it is heartbreaking for Heather it will be heartbreaking for tons of viewers, the majority of which are team Heather.
So if TPTB have edited a heart break story then the tide for TB Aussie version has shifted to become like TB US version.
I am hoping that is not the case...
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:52 pm

AAL, the reason why I believe is ... this season not only needs to be successful in portraying love and 2 people finding each other on the show, but also that they are grounded and strong together in everything (opposite of last year) ... and by editing the story with the bang of the heartbreak, they would be practically recreating the Sam Frost's story ... which would feel like re-heated soup ... so I think they try new version ... only since nothing today is much original, they are pasting together different edit manips from different seasons and TB versions (I do think TB.NZ was also on the story-board).

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:58 pm

happygolucky wrote:by editing the story with the bang of the heartbreak, they would be practically recreating the Sam Frost's story ...
If Heather is not F1, then I believe that this is exactly what TPTB are doing... recreating SF story and getting the public behind the next possible Bette. As viewer favourite, Heather would be a shoo-in for Bette if she wanted to do it.

I am hoping for her happy ending either way, with Sam, with someone else, with herself, as Better, whatever it may be I am watching The Heather Show. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Hbomb Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:08 pm

I highly doubt Heather would do the Bachelorette.. only because she described this show in her insta as "the weirdest show I have ever agreed too"... and also yesterdays comments about how painful the rose ceremonies are. Heather is not the usual bachelor contestant and so I don't think she makes the typical bette cast either... I could imagine Lana.. Snez (maybe not so being a mom).. or Sarah.. Heather is just too awesome and quirky.

I'm just going to be torn up if Heather gets dropped... this whole Lana business is a joke and good luck producers trying to sell that so quickly as it doesn't feel right... everyone is just feeling awful for the original girls.

What makes me have a glimmer of hope is Heathers up beat comments on radio... has anyone who made it so close like f4/f3 but gets dumped ever come out with such glowing praise for the bach? I mean she still gushes about how hot he is and that she would "do" him hahaha (she's said that a couple of times about bedding him)... which I find hard to believe if 1. he did break her heart... 2. she knows he is in a loving relationship with one of her "friends"......

Hope to see some Heather/Sam show tonight or previews of it next week!
Hbomb
Hbomb

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:09 pm

^^ IA HBomb - All of Heather's interviews have been very upbeat and complimentary of Sam, the 'again .. do it' response, the 'partner' response, giggliness in response to some questions - If you weren't F1, you could still be kind about the Bach in hindsight but I don't think you'd be -that- complimentary about him being hot etc. Women don't generally talk about exes like that!

RE: Heather's 'music' - Lana has had her own very similar music for a couple of episodes now too. Disconcerting. They are definitely trying to sell us all on the Lana connection, whether that's just because Sam clearly has stars in his eyes, or because she's either F2/F1 to build suspense, or to give us a bigger story than Heather's obvious lead ... I don't know. But she's had the same 'special' music as Heather or a little while now.
I'm so not enamoured with them as a couple though - I think Sam is in awe of Lana, as he said she's way more worldly and well-travelled then Sam, and it reflects back exactly what Lana keeps saying about that you are attracted to people that you want to be like (or who are like you) - in this case I think Sam is projecting A LOT on to Lana at the moment, projecting an ideal woman in terms of what he is impressed by - she's a super sparkly new toy and he's caught up in being impressed, but after that settles down (and it hasn't had the chance to at all yet), I cannot see that connection superceeding what he has with Heather AT ALL. Question is, is there enough time for that to become evident??
With Heather there's some sense of equality and balance. With Lana, IMO and as Laurina says, she TOTALLY knows she's got him smitten/wrapped around his little finger, and the power is all in her court and she seems to enjoy flaunting that a little.

I just adore Heather's super down-to-earth nature. I find Lana's calculated, possibly inflated confidence really grating in comparison.

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

+32
Sanė
Hbomb
happygolucky
AllAboutLove
umpossible