SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 72 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 72 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mysthelma Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Sharleen's flare blog
In real life I’m all for honesty and transparency. It sounds cliché, but to quote the elderly local gentleman at Kelly’s Irish Pub, the secret to 36 years of marriage: “Trust. That’s the trick.” However, this being a reality dating show and not real life, I have a beef with Kaitlyn’s big confession. For sanity’s sake, the more in-the-dark a contestant is, the better.

I have the utmost respect for Kaitlyn confessing to Shawn that she slept with Nick. I get that it was coming from a place of wanting to be honest with him. What she did was difficult to watch, so I can only imagine how hard it was to do. However, to make that confession while Nick is still very much in the picture makes very little sense. Firstly, it contradicts her wanting to keep the relationships separate. Secondly, not only is Nick still in the picture, but it’s now Fantasy Suite dates; sex is not an abstract speculation but most likely a sure thing. For Kaitlyn to express guilt over sex with Nick only makes sense if it weren’t going to happen again. Otherwise, if she and Shawn end up together, that can be a conversation for when the cameras aren’t around and it’s been more or less established that she had sex with other people. At that point it would be in the past; what does it matter that she had sex with Nick a little bit sooner?

It’s not entirely dissimilar to Kaitlyn telling Shawn that he was “The One” halfway through the process. With that information, it’s impossible for Shawn not to observe the other relationships and compare his interactions with Kaitlyn to the other guys’. And now, with the information that she slept with Nick, Shawn is left to fester while Kaitlyn and Nick are on their Fantasy Suite date, where they will surely have sex again. Ignorance truly can be bliss. Kaitlyn has insisted that the relationships be kept separate, but by oversharing with Shawn she forces his awareness of them. Again, I get where she’s coming from; she wanted to reassure him and prove her trustworthiness to him. But the timing of this reveal didn’t do either of them any favours.

All that said, I would bet everything that the producers suggested and pushed for that confession. After all, it was guaranteed drama, and we know by now drama means ratings. I blame them and not Kaitlyn because, all season long, I really feel she hasn’t done one thing I disagree with. She’s impulsively sent men home in the moment, long before rose ceremonies, just because she didn’t want to draw things out. (Check.) She’s shown early preference for a few select men and has a hard time faking it with others. (Check.) She’s the first lead, in my opinion, to consistently demonstrate that her position is actually not all that enviable. (Check. I literally got goosebumps when she said, “Just one hard conversation out of the way. On to the next.”) I can’t see her wanting to suddenly—needlessly!—tell Shawn that she had sex with Nick weeks earlier without a producer’s persuasion. If they want you to do something, they will find a way to convince you to do it. (Speaking of which, have you seen UnREAL yet?)

Also, note to Joe: nothing makes a woman more confident in her choice to end things with you than when you show your Jekyll/Hyde side. Suddenly becoming cold and detached doesn’t save face; grace does. Study Jared’s exemplary breakup behaviour.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 72 1f49b  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 72 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 72 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by BlackHalo Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 pm

The way Nick described the whole "Eskimo Bros." thing just made Shawn sound so sleazy. Bragging with your bros about banging the same chick, the same night? Gag. Kaitlyn and Shawn are never getting married. I think he just wants to "win" and Kaitlyn's looking for a hookup.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Source needed for above. Thanks. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Amethyst wrote:This is what I heard going on last night when Kaitlyn spilled the beans to Shawn:

Kaitlyn: Shawn, I think we are both in agreement that your cheesy potatoes with homemade kielbasa is the bomb. The bomb! But if you think for one second that I am going to award you the blue ribbon without sampling ALL the offerings at this man-buffet, you are sadly mistaken. This buffet was set up especially for me, and gosh darn it, I'm going to sample it all. For instance, a little while ago, I had a big heaping helping of the Chicago deep-dish pizza (Nick.)

Shawn: *The deep-dish pizza!* Say it isn't so! [Thinks: Why do all the girls get taken in by the pizza?]

Kaitlyn: You know how I feel about melted cheese. I find it irresistible! But if it's any comfort, I felt a little gassy the next morning.

Shawn [somewhat mollified]: The pizza gave you gas?

Kaitlyn: Yes, it did. But this is how it's going to work, fella. If I want to sample the pizza, or the southern fried chicken (Joe,) or the Rhode Island baked beans (Jared,) or even the Jello salad (Ben H.) then I will certainly do so. [At this point Kaitlyn fondly recalls the pit beef (Ben Z.,) but let's face it, protein is just not enough to hold a girl all day, much less a lifetime.] You are just going to have to get over it, Shawn.

Shawn: I don't like this at all. You told me that you are a cheesy potatoes kind of girl! I have to go off and sulk about this for a little while.

Kaitlyn: Fair enough.

Shawn [returns]: Well, okay. I don't like it, but I'll live with it. I really do want that blue ribbon!

clapping! LOVE this! Ben...Jello? Oh, poor Ben. giggling
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:25 pm

mysthelma wrote:Sharleen's flare blog
In real life I’m all for honesty and transparency. It sounds cliché, but to quote the elderly local gentleman at Kelly’s Irish Pub, the secret to 36 years of marriage: “Trust. That’s the trick.” However, this being a reality dating show and not real life, I have a beef with Kaitlyn’s big confession. For sanity’s sake, the more in-the-dark a contestant is, the better.

I have the utmost respect for Kaitlyn confessing to Shawn that she slept with Nick. I get that it was coming from a place of wanting to be honest with him. What she did was difficult to watch, so I can only imagine how hard it was to do. However, to make that confession while Nick is still very much in the picture makes very little sense. Firstly, it contradicts her wanting to keep the relationships separate. Secondly, not only is Nick still in the picture, but it’s now Fantasy Suite dates; sex is not an abstract speculation but most likely a sure thing. For Kaitlyn to express guilt over sex with Nick only makes sense if it weren’t going to happen again. Otherwise, if she and Shawn end up together, that can be a conversation for when the cameras aren’t around and it’s been more or less established that she had sex with other people. At that point it would be in the past; what does it matter that she had sex with Nick a little bit sooner?

It’s not entirely dissimilar to Kaitlyn telling Shawn that he was “The One” halfway through the process. With that information, it’s impossible for Shawn not to observe the other relationships and compare his interactions with Kaitlyn to the other guys’. And now, with the information that she slept with Nick, Shawn is left to fester while Kaitlyn and Nick are on their Fantasy Suite date, where they will surely have sex again. Ignorance truly can be bliss. Kaitlyn has insisted that the relationships be kept separate, but by oversharing with Shawn she forces his awareness of them. Again, I get where she’s coming from; she wanted to reassure him and prove her trustworthiness to him. But the timing of this reveal didn’t do either of them any favours.

All that said, I would bet everything that the producers suggested and pushed for that confession. After all, it was guaranteed drama, and we know by now drama means ratings. I blame them and not Kaitlyn because, all season long, I really feel she hasn’t done one thing I disagree with. She’s impulsively sent men home in the moment, long before rose ceremonies, just because she didn’t want to draw things out. (Check.) She’s shown early preference for a few select men and has a hard time faking it with others. (Check.) She’s the first lead, in my opinion, to consistently demonstrate that her position is actually not all that enviable. (Check. I literally got goosebumps when she said, “Just one hard conversation out of the way. On to the next.”) I can’t see her wanting to suddenly—needlessly!—tell Shawn that she had sex with Nick weeks earlier without a producer’s persuasion. If they want you to do something, they will find a way to convince you to do it. (Speaking of which, have you seen UnREAL yet?)

Also, note to Joe: nothing makes a woman more confident in her choice to end things with you than when you show your Jekyll/Hyde side. Suddenly becoming cold and detached doesn’t save face; grace does. Study Jared’s exemplary breakup behaviour.

Source
@FLAREfashion: Honesty can get tricky...@sharleenjoynt recaps last night's @BacheloretteABC ---> http://t.co/jiazrbalJL http://t.co/zapK5eoFVA
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:42 pm

I have a question: Just what was Shawn expecting to get out of his confrontation with Nick? Was he expecting Nick to say"Jeeze! You are right! I'm just here for the fame. Let's go tell Kaitlyn and get this over with!"

I just don't see where there is any upside for Shawn in going to confront Nick. Like ZERO, NADA, Nothing. The only possible outcome for Shawn is televised bad karma IMO. Does someone have a better explanation?
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:00 pm

eirekay wrote:*snipped* The only possible outcome for Shawn is televised bad karma IMO.  Does someone have a better explanation?

The only explanation I can find is that Shawn's trustworthy, loyal producer was constantly in his ear explaining to him how this show works: the only way to be sure you get the girl is to let the other guys in the hunt know that you are the big swinging d*#% and you don't appreciate anyone messing with your girl. After all, you know you are her number one, the only one she really cares about, and this other nameless, irrelevant guy is tormenting her with his manipulations. Be a man and go take care of your girl. Send him packing. It's what you really want to do, right?

But first they had asked him: uh, Shawn have you ever watched the Bachelorette?

(just my opinionated hunch)

Last edited by BKay on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

I am angry with Kaitlyn for ruining a season that had so many possibilities for the sleuthers and those who watch for romance. She is such a bad actress, that there is no illusion of romance. JMHO, but the conversations Kaitlyn has are still the convos you expect the first night or so--- are you husband material/am I wife material, okay, you can go now that you have answered the question. She has made it so, so obvious that Shawn is the one, both on and off the show. I kind of wish I had seen more of the dates like the one with Jared and the last one with Nick. It is fun getting to know the guys, but Kaitlyn was too nervous about Shawn leaving to even be able to muster a semblence of interest in anyone else, although I think a level of friendship/ease was a little more evident with Jared and Nick. I do not mind being spoiled, but I want to be able to doubt it and gather clues to find the truth. This is so in your face, why bother watching? I am so, so bored with the fake drama.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:02 pm

eirekay wrote:I have a question:  Just what was Shawn expecting to get out of his confrontation with Nick?  Was he expecting Nick to say"Jeeze! You are right! I'm just here for the fame.  Let's go tell Kaitlyn and get this over with!"

I just don't see where there is any upside for Shawn in going to confront Nick.  Like ZERO, NADA, Nothing.  The only possible outcome for Shawn is televised bad karma IMO.  Does someone have a better explanation?

IMO it was 1) to take out his anger on Nick because he can't stand that Kaitlyn keeps having sex with him and 2) to put on a show for the cameras of being "the guy who will say it to his face" That's why he never let Nick answer and kept yelling over him. He was there to make a speech- not to have a conversation. The camera stayed on Shawn the whole time. That's the way I saw it anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Amethyst wrote:This is what I heard going on last night when Kaitlyn spilled the beans to Shawn:

Kaitlyn: Shawn, I think we are both in agreement that your cheesy potatoes with homemade kielbasa is the bomb. The bomb! But if you think for one second that I am going to award you the blue ribbon without sampling ALL the offerings at this man-buffet, you are sadly mistaken. This buffet was set up especially for me, and gosh darn it, I'm going to sample it all. For instance, a little while ago, I had a big heaping helping of the Chicago deep-dish pizza (Nick.)

Shawn: *The deep-dish pizza!* Say it isn't so! [Thinks: Why do all the girls get taken in by the pizza?]

Kaitlyn: You know how I feel about melted cheese. I find it irresistible! But if it's any comfort, I felt a little gassy the next morning.

Shawn [somewhat mollified]: The pizza gave you gas?

Kaitlyn: Yes, it did. But this is how it's going to work, fella. If I want to sample the pizza, or the southern fried chicken (Joe,) or the Rhode Island baked beans (Jared,) or even the Jello salad (Ben H.) then I will certainly do so. [At this point Kaitlyn fondly recalls the pit beef (Ben Z.,) but let's face it, protein is just not enough to hold a girl all day, much less a lifetime.] You are just going to have to get over it, Shawn.

Shawn: I don't like this at all. You told me that you are a cheesy potatoes kind of girl! I have to go off and sulk about this for a little while.

Kaitlyn: Fair enough.

Shawn [returns]: Well, okay. I don't like it, but I'll live with it. I really do want that blue ribbon!
cantstopl Hilarious! So Nick is TOG and Shawn's nickname is fella. Too funny!

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm

BlackHalo wrote:The way Nick described the whole "Eskimo Bros." thing just made Shawn sound so sleazy. Bragging with your bros about banging the same chick, the same night? Gag. Kaitlyn and Shawn are never getting married. I think he just wants to "win" and Kaitlyn's looking for a hookup.

I agree, that was gross.

But what does that also say about Nick? Dropping that tidbit during his 1 on 1 was disgustingly, creepishly, and cunningly him. Is only Nick allowed to "trash someone he barely knows?" 

TPTB should consider hiring him. Oh the potential.

Eskimo brothers is also used to describe two guys hooking up with the same girl in general, for example, Nick and Shawn laugh out loud.

Last edited by bleuberry on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 72 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:36 pm

I can't help but think that Shawn has completely lost sight of anything right now, other than trying to "stick it" to Nick, whom he hates to the core.  And, he is willing to do anything in order to get "the girl" at the end.    

And the cherry on top for Shawn would be rubbing it in Nick's face, because he "won" Kaitlyn.  Shawn appears to be very competitive and does not like to lose.  So, I would not be surprised at all if he was actually behind that snapchat video getting "accidentally" leaked.

I am sure that he has completely turned Kaitlyn's opinion of Nick from friend to foe.  And, no doubt he is keeping a close eye on her too, so that she can't stray.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+78
california90
whit90
quietpal
bleuberry
lurker11
rosesrREd
Nibbles22
Linds911
Ayana
Rolly
umngirl