SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 57 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 57 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:IMO, I don't see K as a buddy with Nick, I see her that way with Dr C, but not Nick. Their sexual chemistry she said was instant and pre-FS coitus is proof of that.

IMO the problem is that "post" the "pre-FS coitus" she has spent all of her time and energy trying to make sure she doesn't lose Shawn over the "pre-FS coitus" - and from all appearances ends up rejecting Nick and picking Shawn. If the "pre-FS coitus" was all that great for her I should think it would have been the other way around - trying to get rid of Shawn and keep Nick. So maybe for her it wasn't all that good ...
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 57 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

It's interesting to read what other people say about the alpha male theory. For example this:

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2012/08/22/yo-dudes-alpha-males-are-a-myth-according-to-actual-experts-on-wolves/

"Even if we assume that wolf behavior is somehow a good model upon which to base our understanding of human romance  – as manosphere men and evolutionary psychologists tend to do – the science behind the Alpha male wolf has now come completely undone, with many of those who promulgated the theory in the first place decades ago now explicitly repudiating it."

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:IMO, I don't see K as a buddy with Nick, I see her that way with Dr C, but not Nick. Their sexual chemistry she said was instant and pre-FS coitus is proof of that.

IMO the problem is that "post" the "pre-FS coitus" she has spent all of her time and energy trying to make sure she doesn't lose Shawn over the "pre-FS coitus" - and from all appearances ends up rejecting Nick and picking Shawn. If the "pre-FS coitus" was all that great for her I should think it would have been the other way around - trying to get rid of Shawn and keep Nick. So maybe for her it wasn't all that good ...
JMHO
I happen to think it was the opposite of not good. If Kaitlyn slept with Nick again that only adds to it... but what really makes me think this is when Kaitlyn told Shawn/F1 that she was going to "explore her options" before settling down with one one person (aka only sleeping with one person).

Kaitlyn wanted to sleep with Nick and keeps talking about how physical he is/they are to describe the relationship. It is the whole Lust vs Love edit we have been given. IMO, Kaitlyn wanted to sleep with Nick but not marry him -- she wanted her cake and to eat it too and getting to sleep with Nick was her last hurrah before having to choose.

Furthermore, I would hope, regarding the bolded, that Kaitlyn didn't choose to get engaged to someone solely on good sex -- even if that was Nick. Yes, she wants the physical connection to be there but the edit has her saying it is there with Nick but she is concerned if there is nothing more than just that.

I still don't see K being only buddies (or even just buddies with bennies) with Nick. Kaitlyn was only buddies with Dr C and there was no sexual interest on her part at all. With Nick, I see sexual interest, friendship, and the possibility of more which was hindered by F1's continual trust issues confrontations... but K putting F1 in his place at the last RC (and before her FS date with Nick) that she was here to "explore" was, imo, her way of saying, "yes you are the one but I'm going to sleep with explore with Nick before that".

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Sorry to double post, but here's another article -

http://io9.com/why-everything-you-know-about-wolf-packs-is-wrong-502754629

A comment after the above article struck me as true: This is especially interesting considering how often the "alpha/beta/omega" thing is brought up when people discuss human behaviour. A highly competitive, successful person will often be described as an "alpha," with whatever organization they're a part of being a metaphorical "pack." People who are less competitive or who settle for worse lots in the hierarchy are sometimes dismissively described as "betas."

It seems to me like yet another popular "common sense" notion about how the world works that has worked its way into folk psychology, but which, it turns out, is based on faulty and incomplete understanding. Incidentally, the idea of wolf dominance being more fluid and situation-based seems like a better metaphor for human behaviour as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Sorry, this is so shallow but I can't wait to see N with his beard in real time on ATFR. I want to see just how great that beard looks on him. He looks all grown up with it. Add those puppy dog brown eyes and I think he will light up sm with the difference! Please Nick...behave. I must add that. Hopefully, S will come to AFRC in his big boy pants ...maybe even apologetic of his behavior towards N. That would be huge in support for he and K.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:30 pm

tbh I really don't care for Nick's beard . I know I am in the minority here. I hope all 3 behave and there's no drama at ATFR just 3 happy people.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 pm

I really can't see them shaking hands and giving each other high fives. IMO there will be enough drama on the ATFR to last us until the next season starts filming.

It's starting to become the Jerry Springer ATFR.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:53 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I really can't see them shaking hands and giving each other high fives. IMO there will be enough drama on the ATFR to last us until the next season starts filming.

It's starting to become the Jerry Springer ATFR.

Well Kaitlyn did meet Jerry yesterday, maybe he will co-host with CH?  That would really be a fitting end to this season.

I really hope that Nick just comes out wishes them well and says nothing more.  That would be my dream AFTR.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Yeah, I hope Nick stays zen.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:11 pm

tbh, I hate it when people go "all my unspoiled friends think A is the obvious winner so obviously all unspoiled people think that". I know that most people have been unintentionally spoiled by snapchat, but quite a few people think Nick is the winner (possessionista, Katie in our unspoiled thread). In fact, a lot of people that hate nick, like on grantland, have said that his dynamic with Kaitlyn is a lot more fun and relaxed than hers with Shawn. I just think that a lot of people are split between Nick and Shawn and it's not super obvious as say Courtney or Emily were.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:21 pm

chasingpavements wrote:tbh, I hate it when people go "all my unspoiled friends think A is the obvious winner so obviously all unspoiled people think that". I know that most people have been unintentionally spoiled by snapchat, but quite a few people think Nick is the winner (possessionista, Katie in our unspoiled thread). In fact, a lot of people that hate nick, like on grantland, have said that his dynamic with Kaitlyn is a lot more fun and relaxed than hers with Shawn. I just think that a lot of people are split between Nick and Shawn and it's not super obvious as say Courtney or Emily were.

She and Shawn have so much drama, that I am not surprised that many people think she will or should chose Nick. I am personally glad for him that she didn't. Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Nick reminds of the Chris Siegfried or Reid of the season. In that, I think he has the more natural, equal, and friendship-based relationship with the lead, but the lead is distracted by the guy that's the "challenge" and her usual type.

I do think that Nick and Kaitlyn wouldn't work in the long-term, but to me they are the more interesting dynamic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle