SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 51 of 66 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 58 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamShawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:07 pm

nannymargie wrote:
eirekay wrote:Is it okay if I say that I find Ben too bland for my taste?  no idea

Yes you sure can say what you want but I think we were never shown enough about any of these guys to say one way or the other.  Too much time was wasted showing Nick/Shawn for us to get more time to see more of the other guys.
Thank you!! What I've said many times, and others have too. Common logic. First instinct. The whole enchilada. Etc.

Back to top Go down

TeamShawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by eirekay Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:32 pm

eversotrue wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Sorry guys definitely not trying to silence opinions. Just making sure I understand the Ben dislike.
Nobody dislikes Ben himself. Peeps just need to let their frustrations (ahem something else) out on SOMEONE. And Benny boy is the target. At least, that's my guess. Cause I too have seen nothing that he's done as wrong or bad or warranting this critisism. And it's a golden fact that there's always something wrong with someone in this franchise. They could be the nicest person on the planet, and something would still be "wrong" with them.

I don't dislike Ben.  I also don't "need to let their frustrations (ahem something else) out on SOMEONE."  I was just giving my opinion.  TO ME, based on Ben's insights during the unsanctioned Kaitlyn visit, he probably knew (or certainly sensed) that Kaitlyn had settled on Shawn and, as a result, played the game in hopes of getting the Bachelor gig.  JMO.  No frustrations being taken out on anyone.

I personally don't find Ben very interesting, based on what we did see of him.  I agree that the time was short and I may have misjudged Ben.  Just my two cents.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:34 pm

People usually stick around until they're sent home. I don't think what he did was unusual at all.

TeamShawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 51 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:38 pm

eirekay wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Sorry guys definitely not trying to silence opinions. Just making sure I understand the Ben dislike.
Nobody dislikes Ben himself. Peeps just need to let their frustrations (ahem something else) out on SOMEONE. And Benny boy is the target. At least, that's my guess. Cause I too have seen nothing that he's done as wrong or bad or warranting this critisism. And it's a golden fact that there's always something wrong with someone in this franchise. They could be the nicest person on the planet, and something would still be "wrong" with them.

I don't dislike Ben.  I also don't "need to let their frustrations (ahem something else) out on SOMEONE."  I was just giving my opinion.  TO ME, based on Ben's insights during the unsanctioned Kaitlyn visit, he probably knew (or certainly sensed) that Kaitlyn had settled on Shawn and, as a result, played the game in hopes of getting the Bachelor gig.  JMO.  No frustrations being taken out on anyone.

I personally don't find Ben very interesting, based on what we did see of him.  I agree that the time was short and I may have misjudged Ben.  Just my two cents.
I wasn't addressing you. But since you brought it up, I'm gonna keep saying it til I'm blue in the face: we.dont.know Also, I think people forget that yes, this is to "find love" (yeah right ), but it's also a job (firstly). Actually, it's mostly a job. Whether the contestants/lead know it or not, they're doing their part. You cant fault them for that, especially if you're willing to watch it. That's like saying one thing to one person and something completely different to another person.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:44 pm

eversotrue wrote:
eirekay wrote:
eversotrue wrote:

I wasn't addressing you. But since you brought it up, I'm gonna keep saying it til I'm blue in the face: we.dont.know Also, I think people forget that yes, this is to "find love" (yeah right ), but it's also a job (firstly). Actually, it's mostly a job. Whether the contestants/lead know it or not, they're doing their part. You cant fault them for that, especially if you're willing to watch it. That's like saying one thing to one person and something completely different to another person.

^ ITA - you are absolutely right.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:48 pm

eirekay wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
eirekay wrote:

^ ITA - you are absolutely right.
Thanks. Smiley I just feel as if that concept is lost on people most of the time. If you're willing to watch this mess of a show, dont expect all that much in regards to anything and everything. Jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:49 pm

bleuberry wrote:People usually stick around until they're sent home. I don't think what he did was unusual at all.

Would any of these guys who witnessed what he witnessed in SA and was then told by the lead: "No (you're not spinning your wheels)" have opted to leave on their own at that point? I honestly don't think so. She even put on the waterworks! If Kaitlyn wanted him gone, she's should've dismissed him then and there.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:54 pm

I don't think that Ben is a bad guy at all. In fact, seeing that blogger talk about what she saw of Ben at the MTA taping made me like him a lot more. He stood up for JJ, while his best friend and his fiance keep cracking gay jokes about him like it's 2002. He refused to drink and seemed uncomfortable with the attention, which reminds me of Sean at his MTA. I also felt like he handled the Nick situation the best out of all the guys.

I think that people's issue with Ben is that we just don't know that much about him. The fact that he himself said that he felt like an outsider when he was with Kaitlyn/Shawn in the room, slept on a cot while Shawn got the king bed, and still told Kaitlyn he loved her? I don't know...either he's the nicest, most forgiving guy in the world or he was playing the game. I think it's probably a little bit of both. I still think that Ben would handle this role with a lot more integrity than the past two Bachelor leads have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:04 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I don't think that Ben is a bad guy at all. In fact, seeing that blogger talk about what she saw of Ben at the MTA taping made me like him a lot more. He stood up for JJ, while his best friend and his fiance keep cracking gay jokes about him like it's 2002. He refused to drink and seemed uncomfortable with the attention, which reminds me of Sean at his MTA. I also felt like he handled the Nick situation the best out of all the guys.

I think that people's issue with Ben is that we just don't know that much about him. The fact that he himself said that he felt like an outsider when he was with Kaitlyn/Shawn in the room, slept on a cot while Shawn got the king bed, and still told Kaitlyn he loved her? I don't know...either he's the nicest, most forgiving guy in the world or he was playing the game. I think it's probably a little bit of both. I still think that Ben would handle this role with a lot more integrity than the past two Bachelor leads have.
I feel as if we actually know a lot more about Ben than the others. We know that he had one serious relationship that turned sour and made him feel unlovable: insecure. We know that he does charity work: helps the youth, sponsors teenage girl. We know that he doesn't mind if a woman is older than him in a relationship. We know that he's a sweet young chap. Etc. So yes, we may not know much about his job or family. But I feel as a person, we know a lot more about him/what's important to him than any of the other dudes this season.

In regards to the SA situation, I think it was probably a mix of both like you said. AND being a bit naiive/hopeful. Remember the handlers/producers feed these contestants a lot of bull crap to make them believe they have a shot/so they won't leave. Most of the contestants fall for it, thats why it's so believable during the "process".

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:57 pm

eversotrue wrote:Speaking of Ben Z, the man was def gunning for something. Or shall I say is still gunning for something. Every pic his posts is hash tagged with #teambenz laugh out loud
*edit*

And I wait to see how Ben H reacts to what I perceive as an overall lack of class by Kaitlyn and Shawn. We are judged by the friends we keep, it is just life. It is my right. Since I apparently think Nick can do no wrong, if he decides to be the bachelor, I will have to rethink my opinion of him too. I am a scientist, so I deal in facts everyday. I watch reality TV to snark. It was something I enjoyed that we are allowed to do in non-fan threads. This show has less than 25% success rate of successful matches. So yup, I feel perfectly okay snarking on those who willingly put themselves on my tv.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:27 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
eversotrue wrote:Speaking of Ben Z, the man was def gunning for something. Or shall I say is still gunning for something. Every pic his posts is hash tagged with #teambenz laugh out loud

*edit*

And I wait to see how Ben H reacts to what I perceive as an overall lack of class by Kaitlyn and Shawn. We are judged by the friends we keep, it is just life. It is my right. Since I apparently think Nick can do no wrong, if he decides to be the bachelor, I will have to rethink my opinion of him too. I am a scientist, so I deal in facts everyday. I watch reality TV to snark. It was something I enjoyed that we are allowed to do in non-fan threads. This show has less than 25% success rate of successful matches. So yup, I feel perfectly okay snarking on those who willingly put themselves on my tv.
More power to him, get what you can from this show while you can IMO. I just find it funny how he hash tags it on every post. handwave

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:30 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
*edit*

I don't see Ben getting involved in Shawn, Kaitlyn, and Nick's mess. He is more concerned with promoting his charity on Twitter.

I'm sure all these people have questionable friends. Even Nick. I personally won't let that affect my opinion of anyone. Ben himself has not done anything to offend me and that's all I care about.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 66 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 58 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+86
Linds911
MiniDiva
eliza3
TrishB
hdman