SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 69 of 73 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Kaitlyn has made a mess. She did mess with him by saying he is the one and then having sex with Nick.

The two things that bug me about Shawn besides his freak out over Jared group date rose are that he trashed Nick but never even attempted to know him (his own words). It is not Nick's fault Kaitlyn let him join the show, it is Kaitlyn's and I personally thought Shawn was helping to rile up Joshua. If you have watched this show for long enough you saw a group of women in their mid 30s handle Byron chosing to add Mary to the show in week 3 or 4 (I don't remember how far along they were) better than Shawn treated Nick. Mary was every bit an alpha too and had been giddy and in love with Blob. She was his F3. The women weren't happy for one episode, then they got over it. Shawn has not let this go and his continued insistence that Nick is not there for Kaitlyn is insulting to Kaitlyn. I don't give him a pass on this, woman with their biological clocks ticking handled the same situation better than Shawn.  If Shawn had tried to talk to Nick and listen to him and still hated him, fine, but he has acted like a jerk the whole way through. If you don't bother to try to get to know someone then not judge them.

Second, I don't condone Nick tattling on Shawn. It was stupid and I have said so for two weeks. But, Shawn's sneaky get mad at Nick and even Kaitlyn when she asked about it was a red flag for me. I grew up with extremely manipulative people and that was one of the best cases of distraction and not answering I have ever seen. Had Shawn simply started out, no that is not true, and then said what are we in high school? Then okay, but with Kaitlyn and then Nick, Shawn never denied the having sex with the same woman as the country sin ger the same night or even that he told the other guys about it. It was classic blame the questioner so you don't really answer or lie. I don't even care if she did have sex with said woman and told the other guys. It would be a little immature to tell the other guys (which BTW, I think he did tell the other guys, that is too specific for Nick to have made up), but that non acknowledgement of if he had done it covered by getting mad at Kaitlyn and Nick was a huge manipulation IMO.

Otherwise, I just find him immature, but I acknowledge that Kaitlyn has egged that on.

Stuck, I couldn't agree any more with this if I wanted to, especially the last part. Shawn's "talk" with Nick, which was just Shawn yelling at Nick, reminded me so much of a relationship I was once in a long time ago. Anytime you try and discuss something like an adult it would just turn into a huge argument, all one sided of course, because you couldn't say anything that would make any difference, and finally end up feeling like crap and wondering why did I ever bring this up, it's easier to just let it slide and say nothing, until all of a sudden you have no voice what so ever. Which is just sad. If Shawn will behave that way with Nick (on television) he will eventually act that way with Kaitlyn, I'd bet money on it.

Back to top Go down

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Lucas15 Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:IMO confronting is a strong way to put it.

Agreed. In a sea awash with show comments, tabloid comments and CH comments about Shawn's jealousy and how he's confronted Kaitlyn I am still waiting for my TV to show me that. He has - as you mention - always been quiet, softspoken and factual when he talks to Kaitlyn.

However on a slightly different tack, I've been thinking about the confrontations Shawn has had with Nick. One was right after Nick's FD with Kaitlyn and from the very beginning that smacked of producer setup - it even started with Shawn making a phone call with a full camera and crew - if anyone wants to try and convince me that was anything but a producer following a story line they will have a hard time of it.

Likewise Nick standing outside the building when Shawn returned from his FD with Kaitlyn was equally producer setup and following a story line - the conflict between Shawn and Nick has been all they have left to work with after Kaitlyn told Shawn she had sex with Nick so that's what they're doing, and they are manipulating both Shawn and Nick into doing what they are doing.

Now that said - it seems to me that Shawn's biggest "issue" with Nick is that Shawn doesn't feel that Nick came on the show for "the right reasons = Kaitlyn". And then I started wondering - why does Shawn feel that way? And the best answer I came up with is so obvious to me that I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out - it came from the producers telling Shawn "secrets". Now whether that's true or not doesn't really matter - what really matters is that IMO Shawn believes it because the producers told him that - probably alluding to something they "know". In his mind I think Shawn is trying to protect Kaitlyn because he believes what he's been told.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 pm

I agree Lucas.  I've read a lot about Shawn confronting Kaitlyn but never saw it on my tv. I have seen him ask her questions, explain his concerns and talk through issues with her though.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:06 pm

I have a sincere question for the Shawn fans:

If Shawn and Kaitlyn are together and apparently not afraid to showcase their affection for each other and their healthy loving relationship on SM al beit in slightly sneaky ways, (Shawn's Canadian pants post, Kaitlyn's snapchat and numerous support comments of Shawn in her blogs, ect...) why does Shawn not support and defend Kaitlyn's decisions to be herself and speak out against the "sl*t shaming" issue in a clear way on SM as well? Similar to the way that both Ben and Nick have? I don't think it can be that they don't want to give the ending away as both Ben and Nick have supported Kaitlyn openly on SM prior to the show airing their departures.  Is it enough that he is probably doing this behind the scenes when they are together?  It would drive me crazy to not be able to openly defend my fiancé... Yet Shawn appears cool as a cucumber on SM.  What are your thoughts?

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Good thought provoking post, OP.
Personally, I don't get it. Anyone should be able to offer support to anyone going through a difficult time. That's what makes us humans, the ability to sympathize, empathize and feel.
If Ben can offer support, and Nick and anyone else, I would think it would be ok for Shawn. And personally, even if it weren't ok from production viewpoint, they(K and S) basically gave the middle finger to them(TPTB) by a leaked/accidental snapchat, so what's a neener neener after that?
Supporting someone you care about is just a kind thing to do.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:23 pm

ITA that he should support Kaitlyn publicly. It's possible it may not cross his mind if he's doing it privately which I assume he is. On the other hand I think Kaitlyn should ignore the criticism and not react to the mean comments.  

I think the closest we've seen to the real Shawn is him with his family. Other than the golf date, they seem to be keeping the fun Shawn well hidden. I can't imagine he's liking the edit if he's watching.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15490

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:28 pm

It's very possible Kaitlyn could have asked him not to address it yet but will once they are officially revealed as a couple. Stranger things have happened.

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 69 87b72b10 watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 69 86669110 watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 69 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:28 pm

I really don't have an answer as to why Shawn does not support her publicly. I would hope at the very least that he supports her privately and that once the show is over, he hopefully will support her publicly.

I dunno the conspiracy theorist still think something big happens at ATFR and maybe he's not supporting her for a reason (hence the new L&S story about choosing the wrong guy. )

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:35 pm

albean99 wrote:ITA that he should support Kaitlyn publicly. It's possible it may not cross his mind if he's doing it privately which I assume he is. On the other hand I think Kaitlyn should ignore the criticism and not react to the mean comments.  

I think the closest we've seen to the real Shawn is him with his family. Other than the golf date, they seem to be keeping the fun Shawn well hidden. I can't imagine he's liking the edit if he's watching.

I agree his edit pretty much has gone downhill since Nick arrived. Prior to the golf and family date, we have not seen anything fun since his one on one . So much is left on the cutting room floor, you really find that you really don't know any of these people by the end of this.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Lucas15 wrote:

Agreed. In a sea awash with show comments, tabloid comments and CH comments about Shawn's jealousy and how he's confronted Kaitlyn I am still waiting for my TV to show me that. He has - as you mention - always been quiet, softspoken and factual when he talks to Kaitlyn.

However on a slightly different tack, I've been thinking about the confrontations Shawn has had with Nick. One was right after Nick's FD with Kaitlyn and from the very beginning that smacked of producer setup - it even started with Shawn making a phone call with a full camera and crew - if anyone wants to try and convince me that was anything but a producer following a story line they will have a hard time of it.

Likewise Nick standing outside the building when Shawn returned from his FD with Kaitlyn was equally producer setup and following a story line - the conflict between Shawn and Nick has been all they have left to work with after Kaitlyn told Shawn she had sex with Nick so that's what they're doing, and they are manipulating both Shawn and Nick into doing what they are doing.

Now that said - it seems to me that Shawn's biggest "issue" with Nick is that Shawn doesn't feel that Nick came on the show for "the right reasons = Kaitlyn". And then I started wondering - why does Shawn feel that way? And the best answer I came up with is so obvious to me that I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out - it came from the producers telling Shawn "secrets". Now whether that's true or not doesn't really matter - what really matters is that IMO Shawn believes it because the producers told him that - probably alluding to something they "know". In his mind I think Shawn is trying to protect Kaitlyn because he believes what he's been told.
JMHO

It is probably the scientist in me, but I like some proof to support my observations usually. And I find that the simplest explaination is usually true. Shawn is a 28 year old man who supposedly had one relationship. The truth is he did fall hard for Kaitlyn and pretty much by New York had made it clear to all the other guys that she was "HIS". I honestly think Nick came and was oblivious (as Nick can often be) to the fact that Kaitlyn belonged to Shawn and that the rest of the guys were only trying out to be the next bachelor. I am sure Nick was irritating to Shawn, but he himself is responsible for his own failure to even try to get to know Nick and for acting like an immature boy about Nick. The producers can prod all they want, but if you aren't weak and gullible then they can't get to you.

Nick is flawed and imperfect and so is Shawn. I try to acknowledge the flaws of those I like because to truly like someone or be a fan I think it is important to like them inspire of any flaws instead of making lame excuses for those flaws.

I would actually respect Shawn if he came out on AFTR and said "I acted jealous and immature, but I am so happy I got this awesome/fantastic/wonderful woman out of it. And now I want us to go forward and not spend our time looking back." I don't need him to apologize to Nick, but if he can't admit that he acted poorly, I am not sure how much of a chance this couple has. If you have to blame problems on others eventually you will start blaming each other. IMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:40 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

JMHO

It is probably the scientist in me, but I like some proof to support my observations usually. And I find that the simplest explaination is usually true. Shawn is a 28 year old man who supposedly had one relationship. The truth is he did fall hard for Kaitlyn and pretty much by New York had made it clear to all the other guys that she was "HIS". I honestly think Nick came and was oblivious (as Nick can often be) to the fact that Kaitlyn belonged to Shawn and that the rest of the guys were only trying out to be the next bachelor. I am sure Nick was irritating to Shawn, but he himself is responsible for his own failure to even try to get to know Nick and for acting like an immature boy about Nick. The producers can prod all they want, but if you aren't weak and gullible then they can't get to you.

Nick is flawed and imperfect and so is Shawn. I try to acknowledge the flaws of those I like because to truly like someone or be a fan I think it is important to like them inspire of any flaws instead of making lame excuses for those flaws.

I would actually respect Shawn if he came out on AFTR and said "I acted jealous and immature, but I am so happy I got this awesome/fantastic/wonderful woman out of it. And now I want us to go forward and not spend our time looking back." I don't need him to apologize to Nick, but if he can't admit that he acted poorly, I am not sure how much of a chance this couple has. If you have to blame problems on others eventually you will start blaming each other. IMO

Now if Shawn did indeed say that then that would be refreshing!

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Shawn has already made plenty of fun of himself on sm for what we're seeing on the show. Good enough for me that he's not delusional and recognizes that he's looked ridiculous.

As for supporting Kait publicly, I'll take her word for it that she feels completely loved and supported by everyone in her life. I don't see her real friends or her sister posting "Kait isn't a $lut" anywhere so not sure why Shawn needs to. It's just preposterous that this is even a thing imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 73 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11