SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 24 of 73 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:23 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:^ Agreed! I bet those producers are feeding Shawn all kinds of horror stories about Nick to make matters even worse and get Shawn to react. And I definitely think Shawn keeps K on her toes and not bored. They seem like a great match and she definitely is very much falling for him, always initiates/reaches to kiss/touch him (something I don't see her do with the other guys).
Exactly. I can only imagine the little barbs he is being fed to constantly keep him off game.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:51 pm

I suspect that Kaitlyn really was blown away by Shawn the first night (love at first sight in her mind), and told Shawn in no uncertain terms that he was the front runner, especially to keep him happy in the first few weeks when he only got a couple of group dates. Now she very likely started to find herself more interested in some of the other guys as well once she started to spend time with them, and particularly when Nick joined the show, she probably felt far less certain that it was game over for Shawn, but I'm sure she didn't tell him anything about that. So it's not surprising that Shawn was still believing that Kaitlyn was already his, and didn't understand why her actions didn't match her words, as he said.

I agree that we really can't know or predict how these guys behave in the real world based on how they respond to situations and stimuli while they are in a virtual petri dish being poked and prodded by the producers. And it's easy for a guy to remain mellow and unfazed in a situation when he is less invested in the outcome. Shawn is clearly invested at this point.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:39 pm

emusha wrote:Jojo can't agree more with your last sentence -- Shawn reallyyyy felt like a producer puppet (whether unknowingly or knowingly) to me from the very beginning. I think he's much more naive and buying what they're selling him from the get go -- I hope I'm wrong but that's the impression I have of him. he even says it himself "the emotions right now are crazy" -- for this reason I really still** haven't felt like I got to know shawn beyond the edit/producer manupilation... I'd love to just see a non-intense normal topic convo like he had with K on the first night. that way we can learn more about him and his demeanor when he's normal and we'll also gauge for the non sensation and pheromone loaded chemistry between him and K. they're both very much in the infatuation phase which is cute but I don't see much else right now and it'd be great to see that (I know I'm asking for the impossible...and it probably will never happen this season)

JMHO

I would bet they do have a lot of non-intense goofy moments, but those aren't shown to us due to the franchise editing machine. Smiley

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:17 pm

IA Agent, Kaitlyn is the silliest girl evah, how can she be so into a guy that doesn't get it and share her sense of humor and at least appreciate that she's funny? It totally reminds me of Jash where JP is the straight man to Ash's jokes. Right down to all their 1:1 on the show including crying, wailing like Moaning Myrtle, and general angst, when in real life they're really silly and relaxed together.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Interesting observations about their dynamic and how much could be producer prodded. I did notice that Shawn seems to be able to bring things up to Kaitlyn in a way that challenges her without her closing off or misunderstanding; not sure how much of that is the way he presents things v. the fact Kaitlyn is wearing rose colored glasses around him.

I thought they showed crazy chemistry on Monday. And the hands thing reminds me of JP and Ashley. They are constantly playing with each other's hands.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I just watched their date. They are giving us the love story this season IMO, right out of the limo.

That was a great date.

I think he's great looking!

I couldn't help but wonder if they would have edited it the same if at the time of the edit they hadn't known there was a "she picks no one" spoiler out there.

I hope they don't start to hide things more in the future; I like seeing their chemistry.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Rolly wrote:I hope Kaitlyn is happy with Shawn but for the life of me I don't see what everyone else sees in this guy. He has a great body but his looks do nothing for me and I don't see a lot of depth there. Lots of guys in this group to me are much cuter. To each his own I guess. And I get the competiton thing but his reaction to Nick seems a bit immature...he can't even say his name? What????

Shawn wouldn't be my guy, but I think him and Kaitlyn have crazy chemistry and she seems to respond well to the way he acts. As for depth ... I don't think she has much, either, although she does have that super quick wit, which is what people (and I) love about her. These two seem well matched based on life paths and bios. Combine that with the chemistry, and I really enjoy watching them together. I already have a husband, after all.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:35 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I just watched their date. They are giving us the love story this season IMO, right out of the limo.

That was a great date.

I think he's great looking!

I couldn't help but wonder if they would have edited it the same if at the time of the edit they hadn't known there was a "she picks no one" spoiler out there.

I hope they don't start to hide things more in the future; I like seeing their chemistry.
Imo, it is either because of the spoiler that they are showing this so soon (falling in love is usually week 7-8) or it is because Shawn and K's relationship is about to go through some rocky patches, especially if Nick is sexguy.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:40 pm

agentcurls wrote:
emusha wrote:Jojo can't agree more with your last sentence -- Shawn reallyyyy felt like a producer puppet (whether unknowingly or knowingly) to me from the very beginning. I think he's much more naive and buying what they're selling him from the get go -- I hope I'm wrong but that's the impression I have of him. he even says it himself "the emotions right now are crazy" -- for this reason I really still** haven't felt like I got to know shawn beyond the edit/producer manupilation... I'd love to just see a non-intense normal topic convo like he had with K on the first night. that way we can learn more about him and his demeanor when he's normal and we'll also gauge for the non sensation and pheromone loaded chemistry between him and K. they're both very much in the infatuation phase which is cute but I don't see much else right now and it'd be great to see that (I know I'm asking for the impossible...and it probably will never happen this season)

JMHO

I would bet they do have a lot of non-intense goofy moments, but those aren't shown to us due to the franchise editing machine. Smiley

would be awesome to see a goofy side to him bit bummed I'm just not seeing it if others are cos he seems extremely intense, even somewhat unsupportive of her and totally different from my first impression of a very fun/funny sweet, considerate guy. tptb really did a number on him poor guy cos none of that is shining through -- he seems to be soooooo overwhelmed with emotions for her & it seems to be resulting in him having a hard time even supporting her (prioritizing looking out for his needs) - right now he's seemed very much like a taker and someone who demands rather than tries to see her views no idea obviously this artificial scenaior and edit/producer manipulation all suck and the reality of it is so stark to me after watching UNreal -- its very obvious they were doing a number on him! curious how the public is recieving him cos he's not really coming across as very likable (in the way ben, dr c etc. are) right now so hopefully they'll show us more
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Sometimes I think we're asking too much of the cast. We see a highly edited version of any of these people and a tiny portion of their interactions with the lead, etc so how do we really know about their depth, intelligence, humor, etc? I always remember hearing that Meredith & Ian beatingheart had many conversations about their beliefs, politics, what they wanted in life, etc that we (of course) didn't see. That was a long time ago but it holds true today.

But of course we're going to critique them. That's what we do. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15490

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:16 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Imo, it is either because of the spoiler that they are showing this so soon (falling in love is usually week 7-8) or it is because Shawn and K's relationship is about to go through some rocky patches, especially if Nick is sexguy.

IMO they gave us what they did when they did because the story of this season isn't the traditional "who does she pick" or "conflicted until the very end" story line - it's the tale of the journey and the ups and downs (no pun intended) of it that is where the drama lies. And BTW - check over in the media thread where two tabloids are running with the story that sex guy is the "not Shawn" - so there begins the real journey and drama of the season.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:26 pm

I give the guys allowance, btw, because this is a very unnatural situation. What I watch for are tell-tale signs that may come out in interviews after the show is done. We won't see the "real" people until then, if then.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 73 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11