SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Page 66 of 77 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 71 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

camping - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 66 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:08 pm

notarose wrote:
SueSt wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Okay so this is a strange question: but are a lot of fans of Nick not American? Because it seems like a lot of fans of his in this thread are from overseas or have traveled or have a global-world view. I wonder if that has something to do with why the type of person Nick is doesn't resonate as much with the viewers of this show? He is definitely not the typical American guy that goes on this show, imo.
Interesting observation AAL.
He's certainly not the typical meathead!  giggling

:yes:  I do think overseas viewers are culturally different therefore many have a different view of Nick.  The same thing happened with Arie. 

Nick's latest tweet was in reference to this:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102777294

He faved JJ & Mike G tweets that reference it. 
He has also now taken a stand against what he is interpreting as Andi Dorfman's Twitter behavior - cyber-bullying.  You can check that out in his Twitter favs as well. 
I'm not surprised as his sister Sara is obviously distraught about this as well.
On June 22, Sara tweeted:
I thought you were happy and moved on.......#TheBachelorette #getoverit #ifyoudonthavesomethingnicetosaydontsayitatall #youryearisover

[ltr]This will be polarizing.  IMO, cyber bullying is offensive.  If Nick has chosen to bring the issue into debate by using his own situation as the vehicle I support it. It just isn't enough to casually talk the issue when it effects so many people from different walks of life - teens, public figures, ordinary people who are targeted by faceless trolls.  The only way to spur a paradigm shift is to be an activist that isn't afraid to stand front and centre.  HE is a well known target of cyber attacks. I don't really care what is "correct" in terms of "a show".  Cyber bullying is a RL issue and is more important than the storm that surely will erupt. [/ltr]

My clarity is that Nick is using his 16 minutes of fame to highlight bigger societal issues.  Same sex marriage, feminism, cyber bullying. 
It's not about fans, it's about how a person uses the spotlight.
He's not a meathead.

Again, I'm glad Nick is standing up for what he believes. Not useful IMO to run and hide from the larger issues!
Thanks also NR for highlighting Sara's tweet. I'm actually glad #teamnick confronted SWSNBN with the facts. LOVE #youryearisover!!! hahahahaha
I'll have to go and favor her tweet! giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

camping - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 66 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Funny, I am Southerner USA all the way, but grew up in South FL where everyone is from somewhere else and have two non-US sister in-laws, so have always thought more globally. Even in GS, my good friends have been the non US or the liberal US.

Also prefer long lean intelligent over what I have taken to calling cromagnum man.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:38 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Funny, I am Southerner USA all the way, but grew up in South FL where everyone is from somewhere else and have two non-US sister in-laws, so have always thought more globally. Even in GS, my good friends have been the non US or the liberal US.

Also prefer long lean intelligent over what I have taken to calling cromagnum man.

ROFL

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:43 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Funny, I am Southerner USA all the way, but grew up in South FL where everyone is from somewhere else and have two non-US sister in-laws, so have always thought more globally. Even in GS, my good friends have been the non US or the liberal US.

Love this!! laugh out loud :claphands

camping - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 66 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:00 pm

SueSt wrote:
notarose wrote:
SueSt wrote:

:yes:  I do think overseas viewers are culturally different therefore many have a different view of Nick.  The same thing happened with Arie. 

Nick's latest tweet was in reference to this:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102777294

He faved JJ & Mike G tweets that reference it. 
He has also now taken a stand against what he is interpreting as Andi Dorfman's Twitter behavior - cyber-bullying.  You can check that out in his Twitter favs as well. 
I'm not surprised as his sister Sara is obviously distraught about this as well.
On June 22, Sara tweeted:
I thought you were happy and moved on.......#TheBachelorette #getoverit #ifyoudonthavesomethingnicetosaydontsayitatall #youryearisover

[ltr]This will be polarizing.  IMO, cyber bullying is offensive.  If Nick has chosen to bring the issue into debate by using his own situation as the vehicle I support it. It just isn't enough to casually talk the issue when it effects so many people from different walks of life - teens, public figures, ordinary people who are targeted by faceless trolls.  The only way to spur a paradigm shift is to be an activist that isn't afraid to stand front and centre.  HE is a well known target of cyber attacks. I don't really care what is "correct" in terms of "a show".  Cyber bullying is a RL issue and is more important than the storm that surely will erupt. [/ltr]

My clarity is that Nick is using his 16 minutes of fame to highlight bigger societal issues.  Same sex marriage, feminism, cyber bullying. 
It's not about fans, it's about how a person uses the spotlight.
He's not a meathead.

Again, I'm glad Nick is standing up for what he believes.  Not useful IMO to run and hide from the larger issues!  
Thanks also NR for highlighting Sara's tweet.  I'm actually glad #teamnick confronted SWSNBN with the facts.  LOVE #youryearisover!!! hahahahaha
I'll have to go and favor her tweet!  giggling

IMO a greater issue here is that Nick is one of the inherent role models to younger siblings and nieces/nephews. As the targeted one, it serves well for him to speak out rather than give the bullies the illusion of power.  Any one of the Vaill youngsters may, at some point in their schooling, be similarly targeted or perhaps, sadly, may already be the target of peer taunting due to Nick being on a TV show.  Him speaking up lets them know it is an option in this type of situation. It also speaks to a select group that don't believe in 2nd chances but that's a different issue.  
Most people who go on the show are not fan favs.  They just have a following of a reasonably small number of people tweeting niceties.  The issue at hand is when someone is villianized for the purpose of entertainment and how that stirs those who reside in Hades to act in way that they wouldn't want their own children acted upon. I'm beyond understanding their mindset - better to just let them be what they've become and instead focus on how to create a kinder society that says "no" to bullies Smiley

Elan has a great outlook regardless of what he intended:
http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1015982801591432097_4379315

Last edited by notarose on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 pm

I still remember Bette10 season and what an impact Nick had on me ... that I'm surprised with each day that I'm still here, still writing, still supporting and it's never dull. It's a whole experience that's unprecedented for me, so much, that I actually told my 2 best friends about this "obsession" of mine and this forum and you guys, who make my day, with some that I connected personally and I wish I would even more.

I remember seeing 3rd episode first, intentionally I skipped the 1st and the 2nd because I thought they would be boring anyway, since it's only introduction ... but Nick got me hooked that epi. with his conversation and reasoning on that date, so I watched the 1st episode after to observe his entry and I was shocked to see a completely different 1st impression. The guy on the first night would not be my pick, he looked like a boy who still has a mom cook for him and wash his clothes (what an impression), very dorky, very shy, very clumsy, very proper, professional and slightly nervous like fish out of water, I could see why someone would find that endearing, but I wouldn't have high hopes for him going further ... so imagine what a change there was from seeing him for the first time in episode 3, where despite all his "insecurities" he owned the scene. He filled the screen with his presence and essence. The words mattered (and I'm a sucker for words) and actions too, being honest from the start, putting the defenses down on the first date, showing your cards with no agenda. That was refreshing ... so much that by the 5th episode I wanted this guy to win ... something, and after finding this place, I was shocked to find out that not only he was spoiled "loser", but he was so unaccepted by TB community, that that negativity transformed into my fervent defense of his character that brought nothing less than positivity to the table.

I believe, to this day, his presence is positive and almost crucial. It's not for nothing that the threads with his name on are springing up like mushrooms after the rain.
Not because he would be controversial ... but because he is real and truthful.
And with every truth comes the judgment and opinionated people opinion.
What a joy is this forum and luckily we have our place to vent.
And the irony of the show isn't the edit of the last season that persuaded people not to like Nick, but that the reality on the reality TV is not acceptable. People want the show, they want the wrapping paper, they want the sequins ... they want the diamond.
Like in A Few Good Men movie when Jack Nicholson says: "You can't handle the truth ... You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know...".
Well, I've never been a diamond girl, always preferred the natural pearl, because of what it takes to produce, so I was "destined" to like Nick and to me he was a winner of the circumstances. But now, he's the winner of this show. It started with him and it ends with him.

The power of Nick is in his essence. The mere reason that people tune in and write about him is because they form opinions about his actions and words. He moves people, he challenges them, he irritates them because he is a man of content. There is a depth and there is a surface and the whole spectrum of wonders.
So, Nick, if you're reading this: your "cause is completed" - you have been seen.
But now it's time to be heard.
Use your platform wisely and in your usual style: equality, kindness and authenticity. Respect man!

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Happygolucky, 
So beautifully written! 
Touched by your astute eloquent and compassionate passion. 
Yes, I would like to hear him too simply because there is always reason for the voice of reason. 
...and he's my tv boyfriend camping - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 66 2498057887 #willingtosharebecausenickchicksareawesome

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:00 pm

According to this E Online article, CH says the next bachelor is currently still on the show. Given what we know about who is F1 and who went onto BIP, that means that Nick is likely one of the four contenders. Don't think he will get it though.

... Harrison seems confident that their next Bachelor is currently still on the show. "Just off the top of my head I can think of four guys," Harrison says. "Those guys are still on the show, so it's not hard to figure out who we're interested in."
http://www.eonline.com/news/670457/who-will-be-the-next-bachelor-josh-murray-chris-soules-or-one-of-kaitlyn-s-men-chris-harrison-weighs-in
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:09 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:According to this E Online article, CH says the next bachelor is currently still on the show. Given what we know about who is F1 and who went onto BIP, that means that Nick is likely one of the four contenders. Don't think he will get it though.

... Harrison seems confident that their next Bachelor is currently still on the show. "Just off the top of my head I can think of four guys," Harrison says. "Those guys are still on the show, so it's not hard to figure out who we're interested in."
http://www.eonline.com/news/670457/who-will-be-the-next-bachelor-josh-murray-chris-soules-or-one-of-kaitlyn-s-men-chris-harrison-weighs-in

I think Nick is not holding back on being himself on SM and IMO suggests he has no interest in TB gig.
I think Ben H would be great.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:45 pm

NR ... your poetic touch moves me, thank you.
AAL ... seems like we are on the same boat even oceans apart
- and yes, if Nick wouldn't be the famous Nick he might be in the consideration, but all I keep hearing is Emily Sande's song: Clown ... it fits well the purpose why I trust it won't happen.
Brill ... love your avatar pic, love it ... and the goose with the chicks sig, makes me smile.
Stuck ... you are our Southern woman, offering ice-cold sweet tea and grilling spicy chicken wings (is that southern enough?) with peanut butter and cheese... lots of thoughts to chew and sleep on ... and so glad you're back in full force.
Sue - yes, long way from last year and all "we're left with" are #, heheheh, so convenient ;)

BTW, # about the next Bach ... TPTB can't afford Nick even if they wanted to (but they don't) since his price just went up with the last epi. ... just imagine the deal for the Bette, year contract with a clause regarding Nick's magic ... whatever it's said about his performance and ability, clearly he strokes the right folks and that rubs the guys the wrong way (talking about the alpha fraternity). And that's the joke of the season.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I just remembered what celebrity Nick reminds me of...
http://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/thomas-sadoski-the-news-from-the-newsroom

There is something about his expressions that makes me think of Nick. Nick is better looking but Thomas has that deep glare that is disarming, like Nick. JMO

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by b Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 pm

SueSt wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Okay so this is a strange question: but are a lot of fans of Nick not American? Because it seems like a lot of fans of his in this thread are from overseas or have traveled or have a global-world view. I wonder if that has something to do with why the type of person Nick is doesn't resonate as much with the viewers of this show? He is definitely not the typical American guy that goes on this show, imo.

Interesting observation but no, not global here. I'm another Southern USA 'NickChick'.   hi   I will say my initial reaction was 'meh' when I looked up his pic (b/f Andi's season started).  But he won me over watching him w Andi. I liked his confidence, that he didn't apologize for who he was, and that he went after what he wanted..but most of all it was his charm and sensuality that won me over.

b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 77 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 71 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

+50
glazedover
TheWrongReasons
emad0722
DMBFan
BowenAnderson
raekae
Mia_Leoni
california90
Norcalgal
Longhornfan
nikikass