SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Ladybug82 Wed May 27, 2015 1:09 pm

My first thought was Becca's IG pic was probably from a week or so ago when Kaitlyn did a snapchat of her and Becca face timing with Whitney, and Becca teasing Kaitlyn about who she was texting.  But I haven't had a chance to go back threw SC and dig it up yet to compare them.

While I love the friendships between the three, I hope Kaitlyn was actually on a SHV not hanging out with Becca all weekend.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by MiniDiva Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 pm

^^Check out the GPS on Kaitlyn's IG post, it indicates Vancouver, specifically the Colony Bar.  If you go to their web site, the tables/walls match up.  Someone took the photo, maybe Becca is with her or Becca's an older post?  no idea
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm

MiniDiva wrote:^^Check out the GPS on Kaitlyn's IG post, it indicates Vancouver, specifically the Colony Bar.  If you go to their web site, the tables/walls match up.  Someone took the photo, maybe Becca is with her or Becca's an older post?  no idea
Kait's hair and makeup are the same too.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm

nd4reality wrote:I love the idea of the B'ette doing the proposing.

I also would love if they showed her chasing after her chosen one (not at a RC).

ETA : Though I would hate it if she did the horizonal mambo with one and was actually in love with the other. Just no.

Just no!!! no no no no
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed May 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Alanna wrote:
MiniDiva wrote:^^Check out the GPS on Kaitlyn's IG post, it indicates Vancouver, specifically the Colony Bar.  If you go to their web site, the tables/walls match up.  Someone took the photo, maybe Becca is with her or Becca's an older post?  no idea
Kait's hair and makeup are the same too.

We can't see her clothes in Becaa's photo though.
So you think Becca is in Vancouver when the facetiming picture was taken?
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

fijibeachbum wrote:
emusha wrote:she can hint at an F1 without blatantly pointing out shawn ...it's way too blatant to be a real hint 'had a crazy connection the first night..." and that's all that she can say tho she can't say there is "the one" ...the natural and very easy jump any casual watcher of this show will make is that shawn is F1 

there's never been a lead that hinted a specific connection hinting that connection could be "the one"

What if the first night is the night Nick entered the picture? Just a thought.

Been thinking the same thing.

And could Nick have possibly arrived in a limo?

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed May 27, 2015 1:35 pm

MiniDiva wrote:Kaitlyn in Vancouver at Colony Bar, yesterday.

Kaitlyn Bristowe

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 11267590_1594146544178367_1312560511_n

Hummmmm. Who else is known for wearing scarves and for wearing them well?

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 pm

RS said in his reader e-mails that his sources are telling him that Kaitlyn is very content with her decision not to pick anyone. He also said that the rumors of her having a boyfriend back home are absolutely not true. From the way he suddenly changed his tune on Kaitlyn (from not being able to see her as the Bachelorette last season/calling her vulgar/saying she's not as attractive as Britt to suddenly complimenting and defending her all the time), it seems like his sources might be connected to Kaitlyn. I have to figure if he found out about the FT-ing, it had to be someone close to Nick or Kaitlyn that told him, and I can't see one of Nick's close friends or family members doing it. I think I'm back on the "Kaitlyn is single" train. I'm probably going to change my mind 100x on that before the finale, haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed May 27, 2015 1:57 pm

chasingpavements wrote:RS said in his reader e-mails that his sources are telling him that Kaitlyn is very content with her decision not to pick anyone. He also said that the rumors of her having a boyfriend back home are absolutely not true. From the way he suddenly changed his tune on Kaitlyn (from not being able to see her as the Bachelorette last season/calling her vulgar/saying she's not as attractive as Britt to suddenly complimenting and defending her all the time), it seems like his sources might be connected to Kaitlyn. I have to figure if he found out about the FT-ing, it had to be someone close to Nick or Kaitlyn that told him, and I can't see one of Nick's close friends or family members doing it. I think I'm back on the "Kaitlyn is single" train. I'm probably going to change my mind 100x on that before the finale, haha.
Thanks for the updates!! I would love it if she's just being an expert foiler here, it would be so hilarious. Steve does seem to be really pro-Kaitlyn, so he must very strongly trust the family/friends who are spilling to him.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Wed May 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Nevi's is a older picture..I believe I have seen it before.
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed May 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Alanna wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:RS said in his reader e-mails that his sources are telling him that Kaitlyn is very content with her decision not to pick anyone. He also said that the rumors of her having a boyfriend back home are absolutely not true. From the way he suddenly changed his tune on Kaitlyn (from not being able to see her as the Bachelorette last season/calling her vulgar/saying she's not as attractive as Britt to suddenly complimenting and defending her all the time), it seems like his sources might be connected to Kaitlyn. I have to figure if he found out about the FT-ing, it had to be someone close to Nick or Kaitlyn that told him, and I can't see one of Nick's close friends or family members doing it. I think I'm back on the "Kaitlyn is single" train. I'm probably going to change my mind 100x on that before the finale, haha.
Thanks for the updates!! I would love it if she's just being an expert foiler here, it would be so hilarious. Steve does seem to be really pro-Kaitlyn, so he must very strongly trust the family/friends who are spilling to him.

That would be the best. If she is single and happy good for her. Though has RS not learned to trust the connections to the lead ? Both times he did that he got crossed. He should stick to gathering evidence of the rejected dudes like he did last season where he struck gold.

And to the discussion going on upthread, here is why there is a possibility that she is not single. Britt's interviews. She seemed to Parallel her outcome with Kaitlyns outcome. More than once it sort of slipped out. Since we know that Britt is happy and with someone we can guess that so is Kaityn.
This not taking into account the fact the last weekend seemed to be a SH visit thanks to her location and the picture. Possible.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed May 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Don't know where to put this, I don't for one moment think TPTB are serious about this.  But it's interesting reading.  There is a tweet from Mills to Amy inviting her to become the next Bachelorette in the on-line version of this article.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/27/8670161/the-bachelorette-amy-schumer-abc

ABC completely misses the point, invites Amy Schumer to be The Bachelorette

A bad joke
By Chris Plante
on May 27, 2015 12:23 pm
Email
@plante

ABC has invited one of the greatest comics alive, Amy Schumer, to be its next Bachelorette. She shouldn't take the gig. No woman should.

This season of The Bachelorette is determined to destroy the series. After a tasteless two-night season premiere that, for the first time, let a group of men choose between two women who would be this year's Bachelorette, viewers were shown a "this season on" preview montage. Usually, this is where ABC parades the most extravagant dates, majestic sunsets, juicy smooches, and a handful of dramatic showdowns between the men trying to court the woman of their shared dreams.

This season is determined to destroy the series

The first half of the preview delivered as expected, but the second half boiled the entire season's drama to a single arc: Kaitlyn has sex with someone, and she feels awful about it — probably because a gaggle of television producers are demanding she atone on network television.

For a show that hinges on one person dating 20 suitors, it takes an awfully conservative stance on sex. But The Bachelorette airs on ABC, which is owned by parent company Disney, so if its view of sex is repressive, hypocritical, and laden with double standards, it probably shouldn't come as any surprise. If you haven't watched The Bachelorette or The Bachelor before, allow me to explain the series' complex sex protocol.

For a show about dating 20 men, it takes a conservative stance on sex

Both programs used to have unspoken rules that the stars not sleep with anyone until they've narrowed down the roster of possible mates to a final three. At that point they can have sex with the trio — separately, of course, and without the presence of a camera crew — in the show's Fantasy Suite. That rule has been flouted in recent years by the male leads of The Bachelor. While not explicitly stated, we're led to believe both Bachelor Ben and Bachelor Juan Pablo (again, separately) had sex in the ocean midway through their respective seasons, and Bachelor Chris had a number of sexual encounters, if not full-blown intercourse. In both scenarios, ABC or the producers or both walked the line, hinting at tawdry drama, but never confirming it, all the while preserving the sanctity of the Fantasy Suite.

So in some capacity, past seasons of the show have been leading to this. Perhaps ABC sees the public shaming of a lead having sex before the Fantasy Suite as a course correction, recommitting to its make-believe rules of courtship. But the producers' target and method is all wrong, as it has been from this season's conception.

After last season's The Bachelor went full tilt, abandoning its reliable structure for one extended madcap makeout fest, the program's producers and ABC devised a follow-up that upped the ante: this season of The Bachelorette would star two women from last season's Bachelor, and the two dozen or so male suitors would be given the opportunity to decide which woman stays. Yes, the one progressive thing about an otherwise trashy show — a woman taking charge, choosing between men groveling for her attention — was immediately inverted to give power back to the men. And though Bachelorette Kaitlyn now decides who stays each week, she must deal with half of a suitor base that is either disinterested or expects her to justify why they should stay and compete for her affection and not leave the show for the woman they voted for — one guy actually does this!

The season is tone-deaf

In short, we've been promised a tone-deaf season of Kaitlyn being further humiliated, shamed, and robbed of any power. (A season that is at least partially the handiwork of a producer who spent a flight Tweeting about an uppity woman it turned out never existed.)

Which brings us to the one flawless decision of the season: inviting comedian Amy Schumer to appear on Monday night's episode and deliver some blunt criticisms of The Bachelorette's least likable suitor. Schumer is one of the funniest comics alive and one of the fiercest patriarchy critics. The Bachelorette is a fitting target, not because it stars a naive woman seeking love on television, but because in its current warped manifestation, it has nothing to do with that woman or love. On her show Inside Amy Schumer, Schumer often plays a ditzy lead, and initially the joke seems to be on her and women like her. But after disarming the viewer, she shreds the real target: the dudes. Like The Bachelorette, it's a show starring a woman, but it's really about scummy, conniving, and judgmental men.

This is fertile ground for Amy Schumer. To quote my friend and editor Emily Yoshida, Schumer's comedy is often about women doing whatever they can to survive in their hellish manscape. And if there's a more heavily concentrated sampling of bloated testosterone than Bachelor Mansion, I can't think of it.

Following Monday night's episode, the two worlds collided even further: Robert Mills, ABC's senior vice president of alternative series, specials, and late-night programming, tweeted at Schumer, offering her the role as the next Bachelorette.

It's the outside-looking-in perspective that allowed Schumer to shine a light on the series' darkest features. There's a difference between Schumer guesting on the show and appearing within it, which makes the offer so strange.

ABC already has someone like Schumer as its current Bachelorette, and Schumer herself says Kaitlyn is her favorite contestant. On last season of The Bachelor, she was funny, confident, and sex positive. She introduces herself to Bachelor Chris with a grin, saying, "You can plow my field any day." Bachelor Chris, you see, is a farmer.

ABC already has a contestant like Schumer

Kaitlyn's spark is already fading with each hour of The Bachelorette. This personality lobotomy happens with each season of The Bachelorette, but it's especially painful to watch someone so charismatic and independent be gutted. ABC and its reps may claim they want someone like Amy Schumer to be the star of their show, but what they really want is a puppet.

The show is beneath Amy Schumer; it's beneath all women. Where previous seasons at least flirted with the notion of empowerment, presenting a woman with the same "human buffet" that men receive on The Bachelor, the show is now about giving a woman the illusion of power, then reprimanding her when she doesn't act in line.

ABC and the producers have been compared to pimps before, and it feels especially true now, as we watch the men tell a woman when and where she can have sex, and punish her when she disobeys. Such a dated system is the kind of thing we'll never tire of seeing Schumer burn to the ground, but from a safe and critical distance.

Last edited by gurlbrit on Wed May 27, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3842

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #5 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+89
happygolucky
crazyjaney78
mysthelma
Lucas15
examkid123
lleyki
DMBFan
luvstx
b
mercieme
BowenAnderson