SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 57 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teambooth - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 57 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by emusha Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:27 am

examkid123 wrote:Am I the only one who just thinks something is off with Shawn in terms of his feelings for kaitlyn just don't seem legit but I'll wait to see their connection as the weeks goes by but ATM I just don't see it between them jmo
I've mentioned this before but the way he speaks seems a bit over the top and it was noted by justin during the rap battle who said he was a "creepy fan" or something... I get the feeling Shawn is really communicating over the top about K and the language seems off to me ...maybe he really is a fanboy of hers and just defaults to cliches unknowingly but things don't seem organic... He has that blind unquestioning all in feeling which I was sensing from whitney last season...

However this date we saw much more of the fun easygoing charismatic shawn ....look forward to getting more of him in that form cos i think he's adorable in some ways

Last edited by emusha on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

teambooth - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 57 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by megaa Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:23 am

Agreed on the over top connection which we don't feel yet cause he's kind of been in the background. Even though all the guys expressed annoyance with Nick coming on, Shawn seemed to take it the most personally, like his feelings were hurt. He does seem to be really into Kaitlyn and their relationship though, which is nice.

I'm excited to see their date, as it looks really cute, and if he's F2, we need more Shawn. He has a good sense of style, which is pretty hot, and he seems really comfortable with himself. Plus, the husky voice doesn't hurt one bit.

megaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 am

emusha wrote:
examkid123 wrote:Am I the only one who just thinks something is off with Shawn in terms of his feelings for kaitlyn just don't seem legit but I'll wait to see their connection as the weeks goes by but ATM I just don't see it between them jmo
I've mentioned this before but the way he speaks seems a bit over the top and it was noted by justin during the rap battle who said he was a "creepy fan" or something... I get the feeling Shawn is really communicating over the top about K and the language seems off to me ...maybe he really is a fanboy of hers and just defaults to cliches unknowingly but things don't seem organic... He has that blind unquestioning all in feeling which I was sensing from whitney last season...

However this season we saw much more of the fun easygoing charismatic shawn ....look forward to getting more of him in that form cos i think he's adorable in some ways

I am getting more and more curious how this season will play out, but from tonight's episode it seemed as if Shawn is being set up as the good guy who gets his heart broken and hence, becomes the next Bachelor. He is saying all the right things and emoting well about his disappointment about what is going down with Nick. Nick on the other hand seems to be being set up as the object of Kailtyn's lust. She can't keep her greedy, little mitts off of him and we are being beaten over the head with how lust never lasts. Seems as if neither will end up with the girl and she will be taught a valuable lesson about what is really important in a true relationship. And just for good measure, to drive the point home, in contrast, we will have Brady and Britt whose relationship is based on friendship and a slow burn, still together at the end. Hmmm...not liking this scenario.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:46 am

megaa wrote:Agreed on the over top connection which we don't feel yet cause he's kind of been in the background. Even though all the guys expressed annoyance with Nick coming on, Shawn seemed to take it the most personally, like his feelings were hurt. He does seem to be really into Kaitlyn and their relationship though, which is nice.

I'm excited to see their date, as it looks really cute, and if he's F2, we need more Shawn. He has a good sense of style, which is pretty hot, and he seems really comfortable with himself. Plus, the husky voice doesn't hurt one bit.

I personally think it was because Shawn thought he had it in the bag, and suddenly he has real competition.

I'm not sure what to make of him. The "creepy fan" comment kind of threw me, because I do feel like he reminds of Whitney, in that he was already half in love with the lead before even stepping out of the limo. I feel like that never ends well, but I do think he has serious chemistry with Kaitlyn. It will definitely be interesting to see if his jealousy/anger over Nick is his downfall.

Back to top Go down

Post by megaa Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:12 am

Sprite wrote:
emusha wrote:

However this season we saw much more of the fun easygoing charismatic shawn ....look forward to getting more of him in that form cos i think he's adorable in some ways

I am getting more and more curious how this season will play out, but from tonight's episode it seemed as if Shawn is being set up as the good guy who gets his heart broken and hence, becomes the next Bachelor. He is saying all the right things and emoting well about his disappointment about what is going down with Nick. Nick on the other hand seems to be being set up as the object of Kailtyn's lust. She can't keep her greedy, little mitts off of him and we are being beaten over the head with how lust never lasts. Seems as if neither will end up with the girl and she will be taught a valuable lesson about what is really important in a true relationship. And just for good measure, to drive the point home, in contrast, we will have Brady and Britt whose relationship is based on friendship and a slow burn, still together at the end. Hmmm...not liking this scenario.

Icky, not liking that scenario, either. It did bother me when Ashley flat out said, "that's lust." All because Kailyn said it already feels serious with him.

Britt & Brady were cute last time we checked up on them. But this time was like, really, again? Lest we forget, here are some frolicky scenes to make fanvids from. laugh out loud I think it's awesome if they last, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't update us again until ATFR or something.

chasingpavements wrote:
I personally think it was because Shawn thought he had it in the bag, and suddenly he has real competition.

I'm not sure what to make of him. The "creepy fan" comment kind of threw me, because I do feel like he reminds of Whitney, in that he was already half in love with the lead before even stepping out of the limo. I feel like that never ends well, but I do think he has serious chemistry with Kaitlyn. It will definitely be interesting to see if his jealousy/anger over Nick is his downfall.

In a way, he's also like Britt - favorite early on and confident until something challenges it. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he deals with it. I think he'll be smart enough to play it right. But for sure he knows Nick is major competition since Kaitlyn decided to bring him on.

megaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:55 am

"It did bother me when Ashley flat out said, "that's lust." All because Kailyn said it already feels serious with him."

Megaa...I totally agree with your quote here. It felt like foreshadowing to me. Add the preview of Ian telling Kaitlyn that he questions her motives and that she is just there to make out with a bunch of guys, and I start to feel being beaten over the head with how lustful she is. Contrast with sweet, sincere and serious Britt. If we get a lot more of this type of edit, I can see where this is heading.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:40 am

Sprite wrote:"It did bother me when Ashley flat out said, "that's lust." All because Kaitlyn said it already feels serious with him."

Megaa...I totally agree with your quote here. It felt like foreshadowing to me. Add the preview of Ian telling Kaitlyn that he questions her motives and that she is just there to make out with a bunch of guys, and I start to feel being beaten over the head with how lustful she is. Contrast with sweet, sincere and serious Britt. If we get a lot more of this type of edit, I can see where this is heading.

There was a subsequent VO from Kaitlin where she said "I know the difference between lust and love" but the problem is that IMO she doesn't - which may explain why she's still single. The edit often tries to illustrate the key portions of a journey that "explains" the ending and I agree - this seems like foreshadowing.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Sprite wrote:"It did bother me when Ashley flat out said, "that's lust." All because Kaitlyn said it already feels serious with him."

There was a subsequent VO from Kaitlin where she said "I know the difference between lust and love" but the problem is that IMO she doesn't - which may explain why she's still single. The edit often tries to illustrate the key portions of a journey that "explains" the ending and I agree - this seems like foreshadowing.
Yep and the Ette twitter account even tweeted out that LUST moment with Kait looking confused laugh out loud I love Kait but I think she's entirely unprepared for this role in retrospect- she lives for the drama with the dudes, allowed her free spirited-ness to get her in big trouble, and doesn't seem able to connect with any of them emotionally, beyond the random kissing and dirty jokes.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:13 am

chasingpavements wrote:
I also am not sure what to make of Shawn. His reaction to Kaitlyn talking about Nick, imo, felt more like he was like he was realizing what the show was all about. Like something clicked with him rather than just a dislike for Nick. scratch

- When sleuthing before the show he looked like F1 to me. Perfect on paper for K.
- Then his spoiled SA date with Kaitlyn, it was posted that she never looked that into him and I agreed at that stage.  
- His (conveniently?) spoiled email that he quit his job and was going on the bachelorette seemed suspect.
- He is in love at first sight, is there for the "right reasons", gets FIR (which Nick got last Bette season), he gives Kaitlyn his favorite t-shirt (which is not a Henley strangely enough), goes to F2, gets the "romantic" SA fireworks date, etc....

... I don't know. It just seems like so much of him could be manufactured by production to groom him for the next lead. Edit plays such a big role in making this happen, especially if there's a good edit for a non-F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 am

Alanna wrote:Yep and the Ette twitter account even tweeted out that LUST moment with Kait looking confused laugh out loud I love Kait but I think she's entirely unprepared for this role in retrospect - she lives for the drama with the dudes, allowed her free spirited-ness to get her in big trouble, and doesn't seem able to connect with any of them emotionally, beyond the random kissing and dirty jokes.

You've touched - rather accurately - on a difference between lust and love. Lust indeed can (and IMO most often does) happen at first sight. Unfortunately our biology betrays us (all of us) because those feelings typically don't last beyond a couple of months. Unless you can layer in that emotional connection - and commitment to a relationship - you have a brief (but probably intense) fling. As has been said by others but I agree - Kaitlin is her own worst enemy, and her focus on the importance of the physical aspects in a relationship without the emotional connection and commitment her Achilles heel. We're only at the 4th episode of this season and we have seen Kaitlin go from feeling "love at first sight" with Shawn to "love at first sight" with Nick. It took Ashley Salter to see this and point it out to her; too bad Kait didn't listen.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:34 am

I did not her she said love at first sight with Nick she said her heart skip a beat. Plain words said to the camera, no voice over.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:52 am

I'm really not sure where you guy are getting the whole "Shawn is being groomed for next bachelor thing" but I very rarely do understand when you guys post that stuff even in previous seasons.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+76
mprssdbyu
FLChica
traveler90
maniluh
Cecilia