SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 50 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TEAMBRECCA - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 50 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Cast can go through a totally different experience with TPTB depending on the role they played during their season.
Do you think Moana received the same treatment as Sarah? Bevin as Tessa?
I would venture to say we would get very different perceptions as to their own experiences. So because one cast didn't have certain tactics used, does not take away from others that did, even those that stayed in better resorts, had better dates, or a softer edit.
I would venture to say, but of course do not know, that if cue cards were used with Emily--and they definitely were, they have been used since. Rarely do TPTB retire a tactic once used.

You know, that's what I used to think but so many "villains" if the show have said that they still have close friendships with the producers. Courtney Robertson said in after buzz that the producers genuinely cared about her. Which is obviously not true, but it just shows how the producers manipulate contesrants, by being so charismatic and pretending to care and root for them. And, most of the contestants buy it! Hence why all these people that have been screwed over keep coming back.

Back to top Go down

TEAMBRECCA - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 50 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by atem Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I think Whitney and Becca are friends and Becca being the classy girl she is, she is answering those questions the way Chris should have. They also broke up 4 month ago after spending 3-4 days together.

Maybe she is an actress wanna be. But what I saw at FRC was a woman who had been pushed and pushed to say ILY and was just emotionally worn out. JMO.

Exactly. She barley knew the man and wasn't willing to play a part or sleep with the lead to get to be next puppet for the next showmance.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:38 pm

atem wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I think Whitney and Becca are friends and Becca being the classy girl she is, she is answering those questions the way Chris should have. They also broke up 4 month ago after spending 3-4 days together.

Maybe she is an actress wanna be. But what I saw at FRC was a woman who had been pushed and pushed to say ILY and was just emotionally worn out. JMO.

Exactly.  She barley knew the man and wasn't willing to play a part or sleep with the lead to get to be next puppet for the next showmance.

I agree. Unlike a certain person who left JPG at F3 and then immediately went into her totally obvious Bachelorette audition, Becca was not trying to get her own show or win. I think she was really working on figuring out her feelings for Chris and would not just jump into "I love you, yes let's get married" like the show tries to push. It like Brooks all over again. I remember that sit down with Chris Harrison where Chris kept trying to almost like pressure Brooks into saying/believing he loved Des at that moment and when Brooks kept it honest and said he couldn't and didn't think it would change, CH still tried to pressure him. I am so proud that Brooks and Becca stuck to their guns and that is despite the fact that I was rooting both of them on for the end.
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Very true. Becca and Brooks approached the show in such an honest real way. Love them - 2 of my all time faves. Kind of feels like being a glutton for punishment becoming a fan of the people who are so genuine and secure in themselves they can resist the bubble. giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:03 pm

In hindsight, it seems that the Edit played up the Virginity character trait, as explanation for the outcome (an F2 who makes no declaration of L-o-v-e toward a Lead who was eager to hear it, "torn" between the last 2 or 3 girls).

The true reason -- that she did not "love" him at the end of the compressed experience of taping the show -- is not acceptable in Bachelor-Land where one of the cardinal rules of editing while the show airs is the essential premise that the Lead is desirable to all contestants.

Her "fear of intimacy", packaged as a "Virgin who had never been in love before" was offered up to viewers throughout the season to offer plot/explanation for the finale that we saw. That seems to explain why it was the only fact about her we heard episode after episode.

In truth, her "virginity" probably had little to do with the way it sent down -- there's some evidence that perhaps he had stronger physical attraction to Becca, though I will confess to having barely viewed this season, and have applied no Talmudic-like analysis to the edit, to the cast, to the behind the scenes, as some have as I have also in the past.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:49 pm

I think even more important than the lead being desirable to all, is the premise that this "process" really works. We are supposed to believe that it's totally normal to fall madly in love with someone you've only spent a total of 3 days with and who's dating your friends at the same time. If you don't wish to marry said person by the FRC then there's obviously something wrong with you. Poor faulty Becca was a lost cause from the beginning. Or so CH would have us believe. Too bad CS didn't get the memo.

In the real world Chris and Becca would've continued dating and maybe ended up in love after a few more dates, but in Bachelor world 72 hours is more than enough time to determine your compatibility and decide to get hitched. Asking for more means you're not ready for love.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
mindless wrote:Amy Long was on AfterBuzz TV a couple of weeks ago and she claimed the show is actually surprisingly real. Like the producers didn't try to put words in her mouth or anything. Though she only made it to week 3 on Juan Pablo's season, so I doubt they had much reason to push her in any certain direction. But I remember Samantha saying something similar and she was there for 6 weeks.

Obviously they were pushing Becca to say ILY though, but all the more respect for her for staying real!

She's dating Drew, who made it to the end,so she would probably know if they any force certain actions or dialouge. She said that Drew also had great things to say about his experience and the producers. I think the producers probably egg the lead/contestants on certain things to ask (why don't you talk about past relationships), but I don't think that there are cue cards. I know kalon said so, but I don't really believe a word out of his mouth.

No offense to anyone, but Amy and Drew are possibly two of the sweetest, but not that smart people to ever come through this show. I always thought this was why hot and sweet and poor dumped Drew was not the lead. After Emily, they probably didn't want to take a chance with another lead who couldn't remember the script.

I think they are both nice people, but they were probably not feed lines as there was no need to feed either of them anything.

Becca is fine now and I respect her for not giving into ILY or an engagement as agreement to date. It is a stupid thing and to me one of the sad changes that has come about since Brad 1.0 and DeAnna. It used to be would the bachelor propose? Now it is expected and if heaven forbid the lead isn't ready to say ILY or propose after having spent three days with someone while also dating other people, he is to be vilified and destroyed.

I respect, Brooks, JPG and Becca. I hate, hate, hate the engagement as agreement to date and find it sad that for the most part what we do post show is look for signs of stress, since the couples aren't trying to be realistic and building a relationship i nstead they are hassled to move into together right away and to set a wedding date with someone they still don't know all that well. It can work, but honestly has only worked with F1 in 4 out of 28 seasons. This one is TBD. So the people like Becca aren't the ones who are broken it is TPTB and their formula that is faulty.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
mindless wrote:Amy Long was on AfterBuzz TV a couple of weeks ago and she claimed the show is actually surprisingly real. Like the producers didn't try to put words in her mouth or anything. Though she only made it to week 3 on Juan Pablo's season, so I doubt they had much reason to push her in any certain direction. But I remember Samantha saying something similar and she was there for 6 weeks.

Obviously they were pushing Becca to say ILY though, but all the more respect for her for staying real!

She's dating Drew, who made it to the end,so she would probably know if they any force certain actions or dialouge. She said that Drew also had great things to say about his experience and the producers. I think the producers probably egg the lead/contestants on certain things to ask (why don't you talk about past relationships), but I don't think that there are cue cards. I know kalon said so, but I don't really believe a word out of his mouth.

No offense to anyone, but Amy and Drew are possibly two of the sweetest, but not that smart people to ever come through this show.  I always thought this was why hot and sweet and poor dumped Drew was not the lead.  After Emily, they probably didn't want to take a chance with another lead who couldn't remember the script.

I think they are both nice people, but they were probably not feed lines as there was no need to feed either of them anything.

Becca is fine now and I respect her for not giving into ILY or an engagement as agreement to date.  It is a stupid thing and to me one of the sad changes that has come about since Brad 1.0 and DeAnna.  It used to be would the bachelor propose?  Now it is expected and if heaven forbid the lead isn't ready to say ILY or propose after having spent three days with someone while also dating other people, he is to be vilified and destroyed.  

I respect, Brooks, JPG and Becca.  I hate, hate, hate the engagement as agreement to date and find it sad that for the most part what we do post show is look for signs of stress, since the couples aren't trying to be realistic and building a relationship i nstead they are hassled to move into together right away and to set a wedding date with someone they still don't know all that well.  It can work, but honestly has only worked with F1 in 4 out of 28 seasons.  This one is TBD.  So the people like Becca aren't the ones who are broken it is TPTB and their formula that is faulty.

I do think that Amy was a little...naive? She said in that interview "I don't even think producers are trying to get you to stay anything! It's just that it usually happens accidentally and then they have to use it. They really care about everyone". I don't think that's true AT ALL.

Back to the cue cards - I do absolutely think that leads are told what topics to discuss, based on what they know about the contestant's history and experience in the house, and if they ever veer away too far from that topic, they are told to stop talking and change topic. Jason has even said that in his podcast. So, I do think that TPTB told Chris to get Becca to say ILY in that last week. I don't believe that they gave him a script that said "I want everything you can give me", etc.

And, I don't think that Drew didn't get picked because he was too stupid or sweet. I think it was just because he came off too soft and too passive to be the male lead. I don't think Emily's necessarily smart, but I don't think that her intelligence is that much different than most of the recent leads, to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:26 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
whit90 wrote:
FLChica wrote:
^^ Confirmation from three former contestants that TPTB don't force any certain actions, which would include forcing a proposal. Good to know! JPG confirmed that as well I suppose.

You can not compare Juans season to Chris's season. Juan was pressured to no end to propose to Nikki but like we saw he was not going to be a puppet to what the producers wanted. After his season and Andii's season which had the worst ratings. There is no doubt in my mind that they made sure that there was a proposal at the end. Jmo

Oh, yeah, that's totally different than cue cards. I mean, jason has said that he was literally threatened with a bad edit if he didn't propose. He said that he called Melissa's parents and told them he wasn't going to propose, and the producers called back and said Jason just was confused. I absolutely think that this pressure played into Chris's decision. He couldnt choose to date long-distance a girl who didn't even love him, when he had said all season he came here looking for a wife. And TPTB would have been pissed that two Bachlor seasons in a row had not produced a proposal and an exchange of ILY.

i, for one, totally believe after JPG's disastrous season (going by TPTB's standard)  TPTB would do "whatever it takes" to get a season with the  "JPG's Polar Opposite" outcome. From CS media interview, to CH's, to MF's 'changing the game', etc gave me that impression. This literally means in the end an ILY exchange- a Proposal- a Ring was a must. (stated in the contract?..maybe..). As the cherry on top (the sweet prize?) was the DWTS gig * cough2 JPG, cough2...laugh out loud. Thus i honestly think it was'nt a lost cause in light of Becca as CH wanted us to believe, its actually CS's lost cause from the very beginning hmmm

Speaking of cue cards, on a related note, there must be some reasons why Becca hardly had PIs appearance aside from her dates. IMO that girl is too normal, smart and immune toward Producers's manipulations. Good for her Hugesmile

Back to top Go down

Post by mimitalks Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:15 pm

http://www.kusi.com/story/28493415/part-1-becca-tilley-from-the-bachelor-tells-all
Becca's interview, part 1 at KUSI News

http://www.kusi.com/story/28493412/part-2-becca-tilley-from-the-bachelor-answers-fan-questions
Becca answering fan questions, part 2 at KUSI News

Last edited by mimitalks on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding part 2)

mimitalks

Female Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Diana wrote:She didn't get to talk to him the first night? I always wondered why they didn't show them talking the first night but I guess there wasn't anything to show.

So she probably wasn't among his top girls after the meet and greet . It sounds like she was a producer pick to stay because she was a virgin.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:14 pm

cindebugg wrote:
Diana wrote:She didn't get to talk to him the first night? I always wondered why they didn't show them talking the first night but I guess there wasn't anything to show.

So she probably wasn't among his top girls after the meet and greet .  It sounds like she was a producer pick to stay because she was a virgin.

I think Chris was sure that he was going to give her a Rose that first night. imo. Chris has said that he and Becca had a connection from day one. In one of their dates they even mentioned that even though they didn't get a lot of time together but every time they saw each other their connection kept progressing.
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz